U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,498,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Would you give us some more info about your encounter with Hendrix, please? My understanding is that he was a really nice guy, except for when he'd had too much alcohol.
Yes, I'm older than dirt, and altho he was known to be quite the introvert, I don't recall ever hearing he was anything near "obnoxious".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 09:09 AM

157 posts, read 166,115 times
I met a few when they were filming "Lincoln" here. James Spader was nice, but it seemed kind of forced. His wife was nothing but outgoing and positive.

David Strathairn was pretty friendly and happy to sign autographs.

But the nicest celebrity (and person) ever is John Hawkes. He walked a few miles from his hotel and ate lunch several times at a restaurant I managed and was always down for a conversation or lighthearted joke. Such a cool dude.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:25 PM

136 posts, read 155,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yes, I'm older than dirt, and altho he was known to be quite the introvert, I don't recall ever hearing he was anything near "obnoxious".

She isn't lying about the story. I'm her daughter and she told me this story years ago.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:31 PM

4,937 posts, read 4,644,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover84 View Post
She isn't lying about the story. I'm her daughter and she told me this story years ago.
Nobody said she was lying. Just interested in more details about the encounter. In particular, was he extremely drunk at the time? From what I've gathered about Hendrix, that's about the only time when he'd be anything other than a friendly, rather quiet guy.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Nobody said she was lying. Just interested in more details about the encounter. In particular, was he extremely drunk at the time? From what I've gathered about Hendrix, that's about the only time when he'd be anything other than a friendly, rather quiet guy.

From what I understand, it was a brief encounter. She was waitressing at a restaurant in the west village and she served him. He was a little rude apparently, and she didn't know it was him, so she casually complained to another waitress who told her it was Jimi Hendrix.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:46 PM

4,937 posts, read 4,644,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
...and Jimi Hendrix the most obnoxious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover84 View Post
He was a little rude apparently...

Being "a little rude" makes him "the most obnoxious" celebrity one has met?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Being "a little rude" makes him "the most obnoxious" celebrity one has met?
I'm just a second hand story and that was my interpretation. She can tell it better.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:03 PM

66 posts, read 53,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
On the other side of the coin, he said Ben Stiller is the biggest, rudest jerk ever. Sad, I thought he'd be nice.
My sister once had a drink and chatted with Ben Stiller in a NYC club. She said he was really nice.
But this was before he became super famous. Maybe stardom made him into a jerk.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:38 PM

9,286 posts, read 16,128,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair75 View Post
My sister once had a drink and chatted with Ben Stiller in a NYC club. She said he was really nice.
But this was before he became super famous. Maybe stardom made him into a jerk.

he wouldn't be the first and won't be the last......

Old 06-24-2014, 03:00 AM

14,510 posts, read 11,489,335 times
Hasnt changed this man at all... he was born in Glasgow. hes filming in Glasgow and mixed and mingled with fans who asked for photos taken with him and chatted while he was directing his new film..On location with Scotland's latest cult film, The Legend of Barney Thomson | Herald Scotland

[url=http://lunapic.com>][/U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities