Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 07:21 AM

4 posts, read 37,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think she is beginning to find that out.

Lopez Suffers Poor Album Sales | Contactmusic.com
Good. I don't wish it on many people but I hope her career falls flat on its face. She doesn't deserve her fame! she'll be a washed up hasbin in a few years hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 AM

1 posts, read 10,004 times
I worked at a franchise massage parlor where Bam Margera's ex wife and ex mom in law regularly visited.

Missy's mom was a complete sweetheart, but she had a wicked tongue when she discussed Bam. Apparently she loathed him and talked about him any chance she could, without even being asked or him being brought into the conversation topic. Missy was moving away because Bam had caused so much emotional pain, in which the mom added, "That fat idiot probably got my Missy infested with diseases."

Missy on the other hand was a complete wench. She didn't have a membership but our manager bent over backwards and licked her ass on command. We would have to let her get away with anything, and she knew it. She would constantly show up late for her appointments, costing the massage therapist money. When she did show up on time she spent it in her range rover hot boxing it up with a female friend, then coming in stoned and late..again. When she "checked in" (more liked walked by us and waited to be seen) it felt like we were beneath her. However, she did tip the therapist well. When she was about to move my coworker mustered up the energy to "talk" to her. Needless to say it didn't go well. "So you're moving, I bet that's going to be hard because you and your mom are so close." "Why does it matter to you? (Rolls eyes). My life does not need to be on display." -missy. We only knew she was moving because her mom told us!

Old 07-25-2014, 04:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonken86 View Post
Good. I don't wish it on many people but I hope her career falls flat on its face. She doesn't deserve her fame! she'll be a washed up hasbin in a few years hopefully.
I know people who have worked with her. (Film crew.) She's on time, knows her lines, and treats the crew well.

Clooney, BTW, worked with her and says the same.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:57 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
I haven't read through all of the other posts, but I met George Takei and he is an outstanding person to meet. It was at a convention, so I expected a quick signature, a smile and that was it. This just wasn't the case. There was no line behind my wife and I so we sat there with him and chatted for a decent amount of time. He is truly a genuine person and if anyone has a chance to meet him, they should.

Now Walter Koenig on the other hand. 1 word... prick.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 PM

103 posts, read 129,050 times
The below is based on interactions of at least a few minutes each all in 2013:

Best:
Flo Rida
Robin Thicke
John Leguizamo
Sugar Ray Leonard
Adam Lambert
Wilmer Valderrama
Melanie Griffith
Shaq

Neutral:
Sofia Vergara
Pharrell
Floyd Mayweather

Bad:
Kevin Spacey -- ABSOLUTE WORST PERSON I'VE MET
Dennis Rodman

The end

Old 07-28-2014, 10:55 PM

13 posts, read 39,531 times
Met Paul McCartney at club called Speakeasy in London, late Sixties.

Late at night, out he comes from the dining area apparently to run to the Men's room. My band and I waited and on his way back to his seat, I walked right up to him.....realize, I am a musician and huge, huge Beatles fan. So it's a major moment for me.

"Uh...excuse me Paul, we're from the States, and we're going to be recording over here and we're huge fans could we ask a couple of questions?"

Huge smile, leans back against a wall and say "Great sure, yeah what part of the States?" and on it went. He was just super nice.

-------

As time went on and we began recording on Abbey Road, we ended up meeting the rest of them, and to a person they were as down to earth as you could imagine. You had groups like Pink Floyd walking around the studio like they were hot stuff, while all 4 Beatles would walk down the hall and nod to you as you went by.

Surreal.. thrill of a lifetime!

TH
AEROVONS

Old 07-28-2014, 11:46 PM

34 posts, read 46,171 times
Cindy McCain is a huge c***.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
I was at a high school football playoff game way back in the 1990's in San Jose, CA and two friends and I walked by the late ex-NFL Coach Bill Walsh on our way to the concessions, but he was coaching for Stanford then. He told us about a few of the players he was looking at to consider recruiting in the game. It so happened Pat Tillman was one of them. He was friendly and approachable. It just occurred to me sharing this that Pat Tillman went to the same high school as I did (Leland HS in San Jose), albeit about 15 years later. Bill Walsh and I shared the same college alma mater (San Jose State), but he was there far earlier than me.

I also met former San Francisco 49er football player Eric Wright at a little league softball game about six years ago. It was just brief because he knew so many there and was with his girlfriend, but he was friendly.

I once saw Clint Eastwood in Carmel outside about a decade ago, but he was on the other side of the street and I did not get a chance to talk to him. Maybe I should have shouted out "Go ahead make my day" to get his attention. LOL.

Then I was also standing in line behind a regional northern California media celebrity (hosts a local TV show) named Hunter Finnell at a Safeway grocery store in Carmel about four years ago. Most of you probably have not heard of him. He was very friendly to the cashier and bagging person. I was unable to get a word in edge-wise and chose not to interrupt, but could tell he was friendly and certainly talkative. If there had not been me and some other people behind him, he probably would have had a longer conversation with them.

Last edited by chessgeek; 07-29-2014 at 08:30 PM..

Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Met Paul McCartney at club called Speakeasy in London, late Sixties.

Late at night, out he comes from the dining area apparently to run to the Men's room. My band and I waited and on his way back to his seat, I walked right up to him.....realize, I am a musician and huge, huge Beatles fan. So it's a major moment for me.

"Uh...excuse me Paul, we're from the States, and we're going to be recording over here and we're huge fans could we ask a couple of questions?"

Huge smile, leans back against a wall and say "Great sure, yeah what part of the States?" and on it went. He was just super nice.

-------

As time went on and we began recording on Abbey Road, we ended up meeting the rest of them, and to a person they were as down to earth as you could imagine. You had groups like Pink Floyd walking around the studio like they were hot stuff, while all 4 Beatles would walk down the hall and nod to you as you went by.

Surreal.. thrill of a lifetime!

TH
AEROVONS
Nice to hear from someone from The Aerovons, one of the great lost 60's bands! Their "lost" album was finally released on CD about 10 years ago, and anyone who enjoys the music of The Beatles and bands of a similar ilk would do well to seek it out. "World Of You" is a classic track.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:03 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
A good friend of mine who grew up in California (and whose father is a well-known celebrity preacher) used to have huge Christmas dinners at her LA home. When I still lived in Chicago, I flew to California for one of her Christmas dinners (around 1990, I think), and a couple of her guests that I recognized were: Dionne Warwick, Teena Marie and Vickie Lawrence. All three of them were extremely outgoing and friendly but I was stuttering like a fool when I was introduced to Dionne Warwick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities