U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 01:07 PM

9,615 posts, read 9,467,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Most of the celebs I've met have been just a few seconds passing on the street and saying hello.

Three stand outs have happened though.

Shared an elevator with Christopher Walken for 20+ floors. Never been more afraid for my life. He is a WEIRDO.

The other notable one is Alec Baldwin. I met him at a theater fundraising event. After the show (of which he was a part, along with other celebs) everyone convened at a local bar for a reception. Alec was sitting at the bar (drinking only water), and we struck up a conversation for a good hour or so. SUPER nice guy and friendly. Totally engaged in the conversation the entire time - not just merely being polite. I became a fan for life after that reception, despite all the negative press he gets.

The other celeb I met, at the same event, that I loved, was Mario Cantone. This was pre-Sex and the City, so I only knew him from his work doing standup. He is naturally funny and truly a life of the party type guy. He made you feel like a BFF the minute he started talking to you, and as I was leaving the event he came over to give me a hut goodbye. In the process he pinched my butt and said, "I'm gay - you can't get mad. But I had to do that - you look great in that dress!"

I've seen many others and have said "hi," but nothing more than that. Since I worked at Rock Center for many years, the list is long, so I won't bother posting it.
Really? He lives in the town where my summer home is located. I have run into him more times than I can count. Always seemed like a jackass to me. He always seems to be complaining about something or another.

He must have liked you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 12:27 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,864,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Really? He lives in the town where my summer home is located. I have run into him more times than I can count. Always seemed like a jackass to me. He always seems to be complaining about something or another.

He must have liked you.
Which one ? Alec Baldwin or Mario Cantone ?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:42 PM

9,615 posts, read 9,467,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Which one ? Alec Baldwin or Mario Cantone ?
Oh. Alec Baldwin. I don't know who Mario Cantone is.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:47 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Oh. Alec Baldwin. I don't know who Mario Cantone is.

he's hilarious; played Anthony on Sex and The City

Mario Cantone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-09-2014, 12:47 PM

3,942 posts, read 3,872,959 times
Ed O'Neil- on the set of Modern Family. Cool Guy!

Mikhi Piefer- super friendly and sweet!! Met him at a bar.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:29 PM

2,894 posts, read 7,856,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Ahahahaha, Tonya. Man, I haven't seen her on a challenge in a long time. Didn't she get a boob job, that may have been a topic of conversation on one of those challenges, I don't know. Do you remember Melinda from Real World Austin? Her & Danny were married once? Anyway, years ago I was at my dentist & she was there at the front counter reception. I kinda look at her & said "Were you on The Real World?" & she just laughed & said yeah. I forgot that she is from Milwaukee & was in dental school or something. I think she still lives here.
I believe Tonya did get a boob job, I only watched Real World Chicago because Tonya Cooley was gonna be on the show, I didn't watch the other Real World series.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM

4,542 posts, read 4,462,746 times
I met at least 50-100 famoust people. These few stood out as they were either super nice or jerks.

Evander Hollyfield and Pat Reilly old coach of lakers were very nice. Hollyfield while he was heavyweight champion of world hung out with us for ten minutes.

paul reiser super super nice. we chatted like 15 minutes when I ran into him in LA. turns out his lived in the same apt building in manhattan as my aunt before he became famous.

John Rolland of Fox Five News super super nice. True story we were at my buddies house for a BBQ and he is like OMG when I was on my Motorcycle on the way here my wallet must have falling out. Just about to freak out. In walks John Roland Fox Five news, he saw wallet fall out and picked it up and saw address and dropped it off.

Lori Loughlin who played Jessies wife on full house and Bill Cosby I both met and are really nasty horrible people in real life. Also I met Bill Murray not so nice.

Bill Cosby takes the cake I was at the filming of a Jelly Pudding Pop commerical where he gives the kid a pop dressed up like an ice cream vendor. He had a double work the rear angles in this little 30 second commercials as he dont work with no "f-ing kids" and he dont sign no "f-ing authograph and he hate the white man. Tara Banks also was stuck up when I met her in the Hamptons

Met kelly ripa, little stuck up. Then again she never eats.

Fabio super nice, minor celeb by nice.

Steven Tylor Aerosmith, nice guy comped me tenth row seats to Stones concert

Kate Upton very nice. total conincidence before she was famous I knew her sister Christie so maybe cause I know her in not a famous way.

My Dad knew Soupy Sales, Julie Andrews, Tommy Lasoda, Joanne Woorley and all were super super nice. But Bobby and Teddy Kennedy were jerks, Teddy actually threw up in my Dads car.

Now funny there are famous folk and famous folk, once at a party and Paul Newman was there around 25 years ago. I was standing by a few models and TV stars and they were like school girls trying to work up courage to go over to talk to him and his wife.

Finally good story Richard Nixon was a cool guy. My brother in law ran into him at "lunch" in late 1980s out in the Hamptons midweek and introduced himself and they ended up having lunch together and playing golf later that day. Seems Nixon had a bad rep, but he used to go to Yankee Games, Giants Games and played golf a lot even showing up by himself and playing with a random foursome

Last edited by SandyJet; 10-16-2014 at 01:55 PM..

Old 10-17-2014, 05:56 PM

12,421 posts, read 2,789,091 times
I'm glad to hear that about Pres. Nixon....and not surprised about Bill Cosby---I've heard he's mean

Old 10-19-2014, 12:39 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,147,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I met at least 50-100 famoust people. These few stood out as they were either super nice or jerks.

Evander Hollyfield and Pat Reilly old coach of lakers were very nice. Hollyfield while he was heavyweight champion of world hung out with us for ten minutes.

paul reiser super super nice. we chatted like 15 minutes when I ran into him in LA. turns out his lived in the same apt building in manhattan as my aunt before he became famous.

John Rolland of Fox Five News super super nice. True story we were at my buddies house for a BBQ and he is like OMG when I was on my Motorcycle on the way here my wallet must have falling out. Just about to freak out. In walks John Roland Fox Five news, he saw wallet fall out and picked it up and saw address and dropped it off.

Lori Loughlin who played Jessies wife on full house and Bill Cosby I both met and are really nasty horrible people in real life. Also I met Bill Murray not so nice.

Bill Cosby takes the cake I was at the filming of a Jelly Pudding Pop commerical where he gives the kid a pop dressed up like an ice cream vendor. He had a double work the rear angles in this little 30 second commercials as he dont work with no "f-ing kids" and he dont sign no "f-ing authograph and he hate the white man. Tara Banks also was stuck up when I met her in the Hamptons

Met kelly ripa, little stuck up. Then again she never eats.

Fabio super nice, minor celeb by nice.

Steven Tylor Aerosmith, nice guy comped me tenth row seats to Stones concert

Kate Upton very nice. total conincidence before she was famous I knew her sister Christie so maybe cause I know her in not a famous way.

My Dad knew Soupy Sales, Julie Andrews, Tommy Lasoda, Joanne Woorley and all were super super nice. But Bobby and Teddy Kennedy were jerks, Teddy actually threw up in my Dads car.

Now funny there are famous folk and famous folk, once at a party and Paul Newman was there around 25 years ago. I was standing by a few models and TV stars and they were like school girls trying to work up courage to go over to talk to him and his wife.

Finally good story Richard Nixon was a cool guy. My brother in law ran into him at "lunch" in late 1980s out in the Hamptons midweek and introduced himself and they ended up having lunch together and playing golf later that day. Seems Nixon had a bad rep, but he used to go to Yankee Games, Giants Games and played golf a lot even showing up by himself and playing with a random foursome
Never liked Bill Cosby--comes off as arrogant and cocky and a know it all.
Steven Tyler seems like a cool guy.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:50 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,904,417 times
Knew Johnny Depp when he lived down here and he wasn't very nice to our group , anyway. Think he was insecure as they lived in crap motels, etc.

Don Dokken-really nice guy. Not sure why he had such a bad rap. He always recognized us when our musical/social paths crossed. Always really polite.

Alice Cooper was always nice and generous.

Eddie Money used to use a Benjamin to try to bribe us to buy him alcoholic drinks. Funny guy.

Eric Brittingham-bass player from Cinderella- we hung out at the Button South and he bought me beers an fries lol. Very sweet man. At the time he was my "celebrity crush" so it was nice. I also played bass then.

Yngwie Malsteem- non-hot chicks need not apply, even for conversation. he wanted me to sing for him and I said no because I thought he was a jerk. But I shot myself in the foot there.

All the guys from Skid Row were so nice and so much fun. We saw them so much we never thought of them as "famous".

I could go on, but I'd say most of the rockers from that time were nice.

Jaco Pastorious's sons are nice guys.

Brian Warner (Marilyn Manson) was pre-fame shy and very sweet, but I don't know about now.

The Button South in the 80s-90s was a place to run into many of these folks.

Steve Tyler did a Thanksgiving dinner charity in a mom and pop restaurant down the street from me a few years ago. Very unlikely place! They said he was very cool.

Last edited by ByeByeLW; 10-19-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities