U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Texas
11,579 posts, read 6,336,890 times
Reputation: 48878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I believe that was former Indiana hoop coach Bobby Knight.
Clayton Williams said it. I clearly recall when he did it because it was so digusting and I was following that campaign very closely. He's a disgusting man. I don't doubt that he was nice to his grandson's friends, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Texas
11,579 posts, read 6,336,890 times
Reputation: 48878
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I live in the same city as Maya Angelou, long-time author, poet professor..... her books and/or poems are compassionate and full of finding gratitude everywhere etc.

OK: twice I have been behind her in line-once at a store, once at the airport.....she was SO VERY RUDE both times to the counter person...I asked a friend who lives near her about this and reportedly she has a well-known local reputation of a I-am-better-than-you-and-rich-too attitude.

I was saddened/disappointed when behind her those times .....the public personas some celebrities present can be oh-so-different than private ones.

Nice to see some of you had positive experiences!
I respect her art but she is very rude. I've seen her in action and I recall when she said on Oprah "I don't trust white people."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Texas
11,579 posts, read 6,336,890 times
Reputation: 48878
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you want to read what the Secret Service thought of Jimmy Carter read "In the President's Secret Service: Behind the Scenes with Agents in the Line of Fire and the Presidents They Protect "

He came out the absolute worst of all of the presidents from Kennedy through Obama and it wasn't based on his politics but how he treated people.
Thanks so much for mentioning that book. I just ordered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 5,512,528 times
Reputation: 2681
I met Arnold Schwarzenegger, Phil Hartman, and Sinbad at the Jingle All the Way premeire back in 1996. They were all very nice and Phil Hartman was beyond nice.

I saw a list once of the rudest celebrities and at the top of it were Will Ferrell, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, and Ted Allen. Kind of odd that comedians would be at the top of that list.

I had a couple of friends meet Snoop Doggy Dogg once and they said he was the nicest, most down to earth person that you would ever meet. I have heard the same thing about Adam Sandler, Tom Hanks, and Morgan Freeman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
21,123 posts, read 15,236,668 times
Reputation: 29378
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I met Arnold Schwarzenegger, Phil Hartman, and Sinbad at the Jingle All the Way premeire back in 1996. They were all very nice and Phil Hartman was beyond nice.

I saw a list once of the rudest celebrities and at the top of it were Will Ferrell, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, and Ted Allen. Kind of odd that comedians would be at the top of that list.

I had a couple of friends meet Snoop Doggy Dogg once and they said he was the nicest, most down to earth person that you would ever meet. I have heard the same thing about Adam Sandler, Tom Hanks, and Morgan Freeman.
I heard the opposite about Tom Hanks but maybe he's changed. A radio show had a call in about the rudest/worst celebrities (maybe 12 - 15 years ago) and more than one person called in from different locations to say Tom Hanks was the worst. But again, maybe he's changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Gilbert Arizona
862 posts, read 1,135,532 times
Reputation: 1029
I had a friend I worked with in Long Beach CA whose brother Phil was shot in LA during a basketball game,and she and her family maintained Snoop Dog, a rising star was the shooter,but people were protecting him. His(deceased) friends were witness.She and her family tried desperately to prove this, but no one would listen. Last time I saw her,Barbara Walters was going to air their story,but it never happened.

I met them both, beautiful Etheopian brother and sister. Well spoken and full of promise. The case died and Snoop is a millionaire.

Just looked it up and Snoop was tried and acquitted on deadlocked trial.

Last edited by hart4july; 04-20-2011 at 12:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 5,512,528 times
Reputation: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I had a friend I worked with in Long Beach CA whose brother Phil was shot in LA during a basketball game,and she and her family maintained Snoop Dog, a rising star was the shooter,but people were protecting him. His(deceased) friends were witness.She and her family tried desperately to prove this, but no one would listen. Last time I saw her,Barbara Walters was going to air their story,but it never happened.

I met them both, beautiful Etheopian brother and sister. Well spoken and full of promise. The case died and Snoop is a millionaire.

Just looked it up and Snoop was tried and acquitted on deadlocked trial.
That was a famous trial, he even has a song about it.

Not saying he didnt do it but if he wanted someone dead, he wouldnt have to do it himself.

He just doesnt seem like the type of person that would do that. He is so calm and laid back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:46 PM
 
Location: gazing @ the Blue Ridge Mountains
9,230 posts, read 5,430,451 times
Reputation: 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That was a famous trial, he even has a song about it.

Not saying he didnt do it but if he wanted someone dead, he wouldnt have to do it himself.

He just doesnt seem like the type of person that would do that. He is so calm and laid back.

oh ok..........sorry but gotta LOL @ this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-21-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Gilbert Arizona
862 posts, read 1,135,532 times
Reputation: 1029
Not in touch with that community, I will just never forget how happy Phil and his sister Sophia looked walking down the (2nd)street arm in arm the time I met him, and her utter conviction and despair after his sudden death about who had killed her brother and her sense that the up and coming, charasmatic Snoop was the ONE and was being protected as a money making entity

I am just a white lady who met a really nice family back in the 90's. The truth never dies.

" will the wind ever remember/the names it has blown in the past
with its crutch, its old age and its wisdom/ it whispers no, this will be the last"

The Wind Cries Mary-Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by hart4july; 04-21-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 04-21-2011, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Texas
66 posts, read 72,529 times
Reputation: 94
I've only meet one celebrity, Bob Hope on a plane in the late 60's a realy nice guy. He stuck his hand out to me for shake and asked me how I was doing. He probably thought I was rude, naw, I shook hands but I was little to speechless to reply. It just all happened so fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top