Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,774,608 times

Advertisements

I've met and worked with plenty of them, but here are some that come to the top of my head right now.

Kanye West: about as nice as you'd imagine...
Kim Kardashian: actually fairly polite.
Mama Kardashian: very lovely lady.
David Hasselhoff: psychotic freak.
Matt Damon: mega-cool and down to earth.
Bruce Willis: also mega-cool and down to earth.
Brad Pitt: also mega-cool and down to earth.
Marilyn Manson: really mellow and surprisingly talkative.
Keanu Reeves: dumb, but friendly and polite.
Jennifer Garner: probably closer to what people think of when they think of Julia Roberts, than Julia Roberts is.
Julia Roberts: diva.
Alicia Keys: diva.
Britney Spears: actually quite friendly (and I met her during her nutso stage).
Drake: prick.
Common: pretty legit guy.
Snoop: really awesome, surprisingly willing to invite you to go blaze with him.
Slash: also really cool, down-to-earth guy, offered me a smoke.
DMX: makes it clear he's not really into talking with you, but is still civil.
Chris Martin (Coldplay): kind of a douche.
Sarah Silverman: super friendly, and a riot in person.
Pamela Anderson: very polite and funny.
Dennis Leary: prick.

Special mentions:
Paul Walker was a ridiculously cool guy. I miss him a lot.
Keith Flint of The Prodigy was one of the most polite, reverent, and generally nice celebs I've ever met; contrast that with his image, which is actually how he dresses day-to-day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 AM

863 posts, read 1,124,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

didn't know of it. What's it called and how many episodes have I missed?
"Lindsay" and it's 3 episodes in. The first episode REALLY shows her true colors as there is no fabricated story line to make her seem like a nice woman.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 AM

8,240 posts, read 13,330,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I've met and worked with plenty of them, but here are some that come to the top of my head right now.

That was the only one that was truly surprising in contrast to what people on this thread kept saying about him!

Curious, since you are all the way in China, how did you meet/work with all of these celebs? Did you recently relocate?

Old 03-28-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
That was the only one that was truly surprising in contrast to what people on this thread kept saying about him!
Actually, I meant that he was a serious jerk! Basically, it was like me saying "fill in the blanks."

Quote:
Curious, since you are all the way in China, how did you meet/work with all of these celebs? Did you recently relocate?
Yeah, I lived/worked in Beverly Hills up until a couple months ago.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:44 AM

8,240 posts, read 13,330,347 times
Quote:
Actually, I meant that he was a serious jerk! Basically, it was like me saying "fill in the blanks."
Uh, my bad. I guess I had a total "Keanu" moment there!
Kidding aside, what made you think he was "dumb"?

Quote:
Yeah, I lived/worked in Beverly Hills up until a couple months ago.
So, you had to move out of the country before posting all the dirt on celebrities on C-D?

Old 03-28-2014, 07:20 PM

260 posts, read 470,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Wow, another negative for Julia Roberts. This is a trend from this thread for sure. She's got to have a great PR team that pushes the persona of her all American apple pie personality. Not.
I've always heard bad things about her and I can believe it, she's always come across that way to me and I never understood why she was such a big star. I never knew anyone who liked her.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:52 PM

21,398 posts, read 10,458,952 times
Quote:

Kim Kardashian: actually fairly polite.
Mama Kardashian: very lovely lady.
David Hasselhoff: psychotic freak.
Matt Damon: mega-cool and down to earth.
Bruce Willis: also mega-cool and down to earth.
Brad Pitt: also mega-cool and down to earth.
Marilyn Manson: really mellow and surprisingly talkative.
Keanu Reeves: dumb, but friendly and polite.
Jennifer Garner: probably closer to what people think of when they think of Julia Roberts, than Julia Roberts is.
Julia Roberts: diva.
Alicia Keys: diva.
Britney Spears: actually quite friendly (and I met her during her nutso stage).
Drake: prick.
Common: pretty legit guy.
Snoop: really awesome, surprisingly willing to invite you to go blaze with him.
Slash: also really cool, down-to-earth guy, offered me a smoke.
DMX: makes it clear he's not really into talking with you, but is still civil.
Chris Martin (Coldplay): kind of a douche.
Sarah Silverman: super friendly, and a riot in person.
Pamela Anderson: very polite and funny.
Dennis Leary: prick.

Special mentions:
Paul Walker was a ridiculously cool guy. I miss him a lot.
Keith Flint of The Prodigy was one of the most polite, reverent, and generally nice celebs I've ever met; contrast that with his image, which is actually how he dresses day-to-day.
Do you mean Jennifer Garner is nice? I'm a little confused because I had no preconceived notions of how Julia Roberts was supposed to be. I figure Jennifer is nice from interviews, but those can be deceiving too. Have you ever worked with Drew Barrymore? She seems like the nicest person on Hollywood in her interviews.

I'm not surprised about Brittney Spears being nice. She's from Louisiana. They're usually nice.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Uh, my bad. I guess I had a total "Keanu" moment there!
Kidding aside, what made you think he was "dumb"?
Either dumb or perpetually really, really, really baked, man. Like, epic baked... it can take a few repeats before things fully stick to him. Not the words, just the concepts. But, he's a really nice guy.

So, you had to move out of the country before posting all the dirt on celebrities on C-D? [/quote]
Actually, yes, to an extent.... Not really of course, but in my previous line of work where I dealt with celebrities personally, it could have been disastrous for my job and business if I'd openly talked smack about one who sucked. The odds of them being able to determine who I was from an ultimately fairly obscure place is fairly slim, but the ones that I'm saying negative things about are generally all a bit more on the "nutsoid-aggressive" end of the spectrum, and have the resources to hire someone to go back and figure out IP addresses and whatnot, and ultimately get back to me. Which, again, could have had dire consequences for me, even from the celebs who I had nothing but praise for... no one likes a tattletale!

Now that I spend my days teaching small Chinese kids how to say "apple" and "swim," I can afford to lay out some of the nitty gritty.

For instance, John Mayer likes to pee on chicks, and The Hoff (who actually likes to be called The Hoff) occasionally drinks so much he wets himself. John from John & Kate Plus 8 is actually gay/bi, or at least, he doesn't have anything against spending quality alone time with trannies. You know, stuff like that... maybe I'll write a book.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,233,038 times
Nicest: picklejuice. Also, picklejuice is much better looking in person!

Rudest: Leon Spinks.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:06 PM

15,488 posts, read 15,475,204 times
Most celebrities I've met are nice. No reason for them not to be, really.

But the most perfect celebrity I've ever encountered is probably George Clooney. He's not only charming and funny and gracious, but listens to you so attentively that you start to feel he's absolutely fascinated by what you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities