Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 08:24 PM

1,271 posts, read 1,325,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
2. Robert Downey Jr.
My friend met him immediately after he "got out of rehab the 50th time, the one that stuck." He was sitting on the steps outside of a station in Chicago, and RDJ sat next to him. My friend leaned over and said "I know you probably don't need this, but i'm a huge fan of your work." RDJ turned to him and said "Thanks, man" and was super excited to hear it, and they talked for about 15 minutes before my friend had to get on the train.
I had heard he was very down to earth, since his last rehab, glad to hear it's true. Seems like a cool guy to chat with.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,646 times
Frank Sinatra doesn't have a brother. He was an only child. He does have a son, Frank, Jr. I met him in Vegas once & he was very nice.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM

76 posts, read 101,943 times
BuzzBee: I met Alice Cooper too! It was last year at Fan Expo in Toronto. The first thing I could think of to say to him was that I play drums, and he totally encouraged me to keep doing it. I think of that a lot when I'm practicing now and having trouble with a song. I think "Dude, Alice freakin' Cooper encouraged me to keep playing, so I HAVE TO keep trying until I get it right."

I used to go to autograph sessions all the time and could probably fill both sides of a page with names if I were to write them down. I've never had anyone who was rude though. Most of my list are musicians and wrestlers. I'm a rock and roll loving girl who likes to watch lots of wrestling . Hulk Hogan was signing autographs at Fan Expo and I met him the same day as I met Alice Cooper. He was quite friendly too.

I saw the thread where you guys were talking about Gene Simmons. While I agree that his comments on depression were out of line, he was quite nice to me when I met him. He was the first celebrity I ever met and I was so nervous. This was at a radio station in Toronto - they used to always let fans in to listen to interviews and get autographs afterward. Only about 30 people showed up, and they could have fit about 200 there. Most of the other people there were too nervous to say much of anything to him, so I screwed up the guts to say something during one of the commercials, and got to talk to him for several minutes. I was immediately at ease and he made me laugh quite a lot.

Another one of my favourites in person was Roddy Piper. This was at a wrestling convention and they had this set up that looked like the "Piper's Pit" thing he did in the 80s. He was signing autographs and taking pictures. I get up there and, since I am a complete weirdo sometimes, asked him if he'd hold me in a headlock for the picture. I'm pretty sure he thought I was nuts but he agreed to do it. That was two years ago and I still have that picture on display at my house .

I have a lot of other stories, but I'll save those for another time.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:18 PM

9 posts, read 17,244 times
Rudest celebrity: Christie Brinkley-very unpredictable. She wants to be left alone!

Nicest celebrity: Dustin Hoffman and Al Pacino

Old 08-23-2014, 06:46 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,768,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
About a month ago I Saw Scarlett Johansson on the beach on 2 separate days. The second day I nodded, smiled and said hello, she just barely gave me a nod back. No smile, no hello. I can understand someone not wanting to talk to strangers on a lonely beach with no one else around I guess. Especially when you are a celebrity. Also, she was looking pretty pregnant, so no telling what those hormones are doing.

Two weeks ago I saw Jimmy Fallon double dating with Tommy Mottola at dinner. Before Jimmy got there, Tommy and his wife (or girlfriend?) were sitting there. What drew my eyes to his table was that it was odd seeing someone wearing a baseball cap in a nice restaurant. Almost as if he wanted people staring at him. I knew I recognized him but couldn't figure it out at first. Then Jimmy and his wife came in at sat down. Jimmy caught my eye and he gave me a big smile. This is the kind of place where you leave the celebrities alone, but someone actually asked Jimmy to take a selfie with him, and he said "lets do it". That must have shocked the manager, and I'm not sure that person will be getting reservations again any time soon, but I thought it was really nice of Jimmy to do that when he is out to dinner.
Tommy Mottola's wife is a very famous actress/singer from Mexico- her name is Thalia. I believe they have been married like 12 years or something like that.
He seems to love baseball hats.

Jimmy Fallon seems to be a very down to earth person.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:44 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,565,189 times
Maria Sharapova the tennis player...she is friendly when she will see a camera but otherwise she is not a nice person at all and we dealt with her for a few years when she was younger.

Emerson Fitipaldi is very nice. We sat next to him and his wife and he was great to us and our kids and we have nice pictures as to remember the hours we listened to this wonderful and down to earth race car driver!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 PM

29 posts, read 55,352 times
my mom met melissa gilbert at a book signing. She said the whole time she talked on her cell phone and wasn't very friendly. She won't watch any melissa gilbert shows now.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 8,094 times
Gene Simmons from Kiss is the nicest guy in the world, I was working security and he passed me in the hallway and shook my hand and thanked me for working the club he was in, truly nice guy.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:51 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,267,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby101 View Post
my mom met melissa gilbert at a book signing. She said the whole time she talked on her cell phone and wasn't very friendly. She won't watch any melissa gilbert shows now.
That mustn't be too difficult these days, lol. All she has to do is avoid the Lifetime and Hallmark networks.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:29 PM

29 posts, read 55,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
That mustn't be too difficult these days, lol. All she has to do is avoid the Lifetime and Hallmark networks.
Yes. but my mom loves hallmark and lifetime movies. She won't watch little house anymore either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities