Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 07:26 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
The skills of these two are mind-boggling. I read Yngwie is an arrogant dude. I don't know what Jaco was like in person, but I know he said "I'm Jaco f_____ Pastorius" at least once when someone inquired about his unusually advanced skills.
I met Jaco once when we lived in Deerfield. I was very young and just remember him as seeming kinda goofy lol.

Oh, another incredible Florida born musician is Scott Henderson. He is considered one of the greatest jazz/fusion guitarists.

I remember interviewing him for my college paper. What's cool is that he still remembers that article/interview (from the late 70s)!

He's from the West Palm area. Check him out if you get a chance.

As for Yngwie, we used to watch him and laugh. he had a few substance issues. Sometimes he would spend the night just standing by the cigarette machine in a daze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 07:29 PM

175 posts, read 256,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh--hate to hear that about Steve Cannell.........drats!!
You're thinking of Steve Carell from "the office". Not the same person.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:48 PM

372 posts, read 599,388 times
Clinton Kelly from What Not To Wear - Really cool guy. Talkative, nice guy.

Miley Cyrus - I met her before she started her whole wrecking ball/twerking phase. She was actually a really nice girl. Wish she would not have gone down the path she did.

Miguel Cabrera - This guy is just the best. Happy, funny, just a guy who loves life. Class act.

Robert Englund - Take the word awesome and times it by 10. Met him at a horror convention and got to take a picture with him dressed as Freddy.

Jared Leto - Cool guy.
Only bad experience I have had with a celebrity is Bella Thorne. Snot nosed brat.

Last edited by Omatic; 10-19-2014 at 07:57 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
This is interesting. Remember any particular stars being mentioned driving through for tacos?
Yes, one was Gene Kelly who came in in a painter's uniform with paint all over him and a worker asked him why he was painting his house and he said "it was good therapy". Another was the comedian on Carol Brunett, not Harvey, went through the drive-thru with all his kids in his car. One guy my sister met invited her over to play tennis. He lived in the Malibu Colony. Liz Taylor lived on one side and Paul Neuman on the other. He gave Liz tennis lessons.

'

Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
You're thinking of Steve Carell from "the office". Not the same person.

no I am not thinking of Steve Carell!! LOL---How do YOU know what I'm thinking ??? LOL

Old 10-19-2014, 08:23 PM

Many many years ago I saw Natalie Wood at the Coconut Grove in LA. I was really surprised, she was so incredibly tiny. She was with Lance Reventlow. She was very pretty and looked very sweet.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:21 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
Many many years ago I saw Natalie Wood at the Coconut Grove in LA. I was really surprised, she was so incredibly tiny. She was with Lance Reventlow. She was very pretty and looked very sweet.
Judging from film, her daughter is pretty as well.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:25 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Oh, another incredible Florida born musician is Scott Henderson. He is considered one of the greatest jazz/fusion guitarists.

As for Yngwie, we used to watch him and laugh. he had a few substance issues. Sometimes he would spend the night just standing by the cigarette machine in a daze.

I'll check out Scott Henderson's stuff sometime. I'm surprised I haven't heard of him, I'm a fan of Al DiMeola.

Was Yngwie dazed the nights he was playing?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:17 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,058,369 times
My favorite actor is Michael Fassbender (young Magneto in the X-Men movies). I've met him a few times and he's very sweet and funny. I created a fan blog back in 2008 on him and got to interview him, and it's still going strong - www.fassinatingfassbender.com

Old 10-27-2014, 09:52 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
We got to (briefly) meet country-pop band Lady Antebellum tonight. The three of them are incredibly nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities