U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-09-2011, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Near L.A.
4,115 posts, read 8,383,759 times
Reputation: 3243

Advertisements

I don't really get much into any of the entertainment/celebrity stuff because, well, it just doesn't generally interest me. These are people, too, not figments of God. But, because I'm bored I figured I would start this thread.

Here's my list:

NICEST
1. Mike Huckabee: Met him once in Lexington, KY. Class act to me and all that were waiting in line to meet him.

2. Former U.S. Representative and Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher. While he was a great Rep. and not-as-great Governor, he was a nice guy on the multiple occasions I met him.

I've met numerous local celebrities (i.e.: state politicians, media reporters) here in Kentucky; the vast majority have been friendly or at least polite.

INDIFFERENT
1. Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals fame. Not impolite or rude, but not warm and friendly. In fact, he was actually fairly quiet when I met him. (I worked in a retail store and rang up his purchase once.)

2. Cameron Mills when he was playing basketball at the University of Kentucky during the 1995-96 season. I was in elementary school at the time. He wasn't rude or hateful at all, but I took my Bible to a local convenience store where was signing autographs and Bibles (it's Kentucky, we have the church culture thing going on) and meeting fans. Let's just say that he was there with very feigned enthusiasm.

RUDEST
1. Cheryl Burke of Dancing With the Stars fame was with Chad during that same transaction (this is when they were performing together on the show.) And man, let me tell you, she was a stuck up, condescending, surly a**hole. 30 seconds was MORE than enough time than I ever wanted to see of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2011, 05:10 PM
 
Location: NC
2,261 posts, read 4,869,126 times
Reputation: 2240
I have only met one celebrity face-to-face, Fantasia Barrino. My work department had a Christmas social at an upscale Japanese restaurant in Charlotte back in December and we saw her there with someone. At first, she was a little distant (it didn't appear that anyone besides the group I was with and a couple of teenage girls recognized who she was, so she may have been a little disappointment her cover was busted ), but we talked to her for a little while and she got up and told us, "I don't do handshakes, I do hugs," and continued to hug every one of us and asked us our names and allowed us to take pictures with her. I apologized to her dinner date since we took her away from him for a few--he was cool with it! She was so down to earth!

I haven't met anyone else...yet--but that was a great start!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
150 posts, read 303,964 times
Reputation: 64
Kat Von D was nice. So was Russell from Deadliest Catch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2011, 07:18 PM
 
Location: 757 raised and 703 living
21,300 posts, read 29,208,677 times
Reputation: 27086
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I don't really get much into any of the entertainment/celebrity stuff because, well, it just doesn't generally interest me. These are people, too, not figments of God. But, because I'm bored I figured I would start this thread.

Here's my list:

NICEST
1. Mike Huckabee: Met him once in Lexington, KY. Class act to me and all that were waiting in line to meet him.

2. Former U.S. Representative and Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher. While he was a great Rep. and not-as-great Governor, he was a nice guy on the multiple occasions I met him.

I've met numerous local celebrities (i.e.: state politicians, media reporters) here in Kentucky; the vast majority have been friendly or at least polite.

INDIFFERENT
1. Chad Ochocinco of Cincinnati Bengals fame. Not impolite or rude, but not warm and friendly. In fact, he was actually fairly quiet when I met him. (I worked in a retail store and rang up his purchase once.)

2. Cameron Mills when he was playing basketball at the University of Kentucky during the 1995-96 season. I was in elementary school at the time. He wasn't rude or hateful at all, but I took my Bible to a local convenience store where was signing autographs and Bibles (it's Kentucky, we have the church culture thing going on) and meeting fans. Let's just say that he was there with very feigned enthusiasm.

RUDEST
1. Cheryl Burke of Dancing With the Stars fame was with Chad during that same transaction (this is when they were performing together on the show.) And man, let me tell you, she was a stuck up, condescending, surly a**hole. 30 seconds was MORE than enough time than I ever wanted to see of her.
I've met Tony Hsieh CEO of Zappos.com which gets rave reviews for how it treats its employees. He is real down to earth and only pulls a salary of $33-36k a year. You would never think he is a CEO.

Also met Nick Novak, who is an NFL kicker. He actually trained with one of my close friends who is a former NFL kicker himself. Real quiet guy.

Sugar Bear, who is big time on the go-go music scene, worked at my HS in Virginia while I attended there. Pretty approachable and you could always crack a joke with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 PM
 
Location: SW Missouri
14,864 posts, read 27,387,631 times
Reputation: 19560
One day I was in either San Antonio or Houston (I can't recall which), and I caught Tommy Lee Jones on a really, really bad day. I asked him for an autograph and he did not say one word to me or even make eye contact. He scribbled his name and pushed the paper at me while looking away. I thought he was very rude, but then I figured he was just NOT wanting to deal with "fans" and I guess I am lucky he even agreed to an autograph at all.

The nicest celeb I have met was Alan Jackson. One day I happened to meet him on the street and he stopped and talked to me for quite a long time. We talked like we were old friends. LOL

I also met Dennis Weaver once and he was a very pleasant person.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 PM
 
Location: SoCal - Sherman Oaks & Woodland Hills
12,978 posts, read 27,399,886 times
Reputation: 10491
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
RUDEST
1. Cheryl Burke of Dancing With the Stars fame was with Chad during that same transaction (this is when they were performing together on the show.) And man, let me tell you, she was a stuck up, condescending, surly a**hole. 30 seconds was MORE than enough time than I ever wanted to see of her.
LOL. Cheryl is actually really sweet. Im thinking that she may have come across like that to you because she was friggin' sent to gawdawful Kentucky. If my work sent me to Kentucky I'd be pi**ed off and mean as well. If when you met her and it wasnt in Kentucky it just could be that you met her at a bad time.

Celebs are just regular people - the eat apple pie, rake the leaves in the yard, cry at movies, etc. and as such, there are times when they just dont want to be bothered (i.e., moody). Just because you meet someone for a few seconds and they are not nice to you doesnt mean they are not very nice surly a**holes.

I meet and work with a lot of celebs and they may be nice and sweet one day, then maybe not so nice and sweet the next day for whatever reason. But by FAR the nicest, sweetest, consistently totally down to earth and going-to-heaven super sweet celeb I can remember is Heidi Klum.

One who was not mean or rude, but definitely made me a bit leary of him is that Paulie Walnuts guy from the Sopranos. That guy was NOT playing a character on the show, he was playing HIMSELF. He did time before and believe me, he is EXACTLY like that in real life. Someone you think could and would just kill you then go order a pie and take it home to his kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2011, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Oxnard, CA
1,552 posts, read 3,301,064 times
Reputation: 1244
Being in California I see celebrities all the time especially when I fly at the LAX airport. One of my best experiences was with Gary Dourdan from CSI. I asked him if I could take his picture and he said..."do I at least get a hug?" I was so shocked...he was so nice and warm to everyone there at baggage claim. His girlfriend at the time was a famous model (can't remember her name) and she was also very nice as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Near L.A.
4,115 posts, read 8,383,759 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. Cheryl is actually really sweet. Im thinking that she may have come across like that to you because she was friggin' sent to gawdawful Kentucky. If my work sent me to Kentucky I'd be pi**ed off and mean as well. If when you met her and it wasnt in Kentucky it just could be that you met her at a bad time.

Celebs are just regular people - the eat apple pie, rake the leaves in the yard, cry at movies, etc. and as such, there are times when they just dont want to be bothered (i.e., moody). Just because you meet someone for a few seconds and they are not nice to you doesnt mean they are not very nice surly a**holes.
Well, I'm trying to get OUT of Kentucky and come to California. (Why? For career and educational opportunities not really found in Kentucky and that are much better found out there. Not acting or dancing, either. Oh, I can also only take so much of University of Kentucky basketball 24/7 news coverage before I puke.)

Maybe she was having a bad day. We all do. But her attitude and behavior on that particular day were reflective of a person who is surly and spiteful. She didn't have to take it out on me, Kentucky or otherwise. Furthermore, she and Chad appeared to be semi-dating at the time--at least that was all the hype in the national and local (Cincinnati area) media--so I have my doubts that she was "forced" to come here. Unless, of course, Chad couldn't miss any training/conditioning yet still needed to practice with Cheryl to get ready for next DWTS, but this occurrence was during the Bengals' off-season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2011, 12:23 AM
 
664 posts, read 622,448 times
Reputation: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I have only met one celebrity face-to-face, Fantasia Barrino. My work department had a Christmas social at an upscale Japanese restaurant in Charlotte back in December and we saw her there with someone. At first, she was a little distant (it didn't appear that anyone besides the group I was with and a couple of teenage girls recognized who she was, so she may have been a little disappointment her cover was busted ), but we talked to her for a little while and she got up and told us, "I don't do handshakes, I do hugs," and continued to hug every one of us and asked us our names and allowed us to take pictures with her. I apologized to her dinner date since we took her away from him for a few--he was cool with it! She was so down to earth!

I haven't met anyone else...yet--but that was a great start!
wow, i would love to meet her! i hope i get to go to one of her concerts too. they seems so much fun. i always watch her concert videos on youtube. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
2,927 posts, read 7,080,787 times
Reputation: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. Cheryl is actually really sweet. Im thinking that she may have come across like that to you because she was friggin' sent to gawdawful Kentucky. If my work sent me to Kentucky I'd be pi**ed off and mean as well. If when you met her and it wasnt in Kentucky it just could be that you met her at a bad time.

Wow, ummm so I would feel the same way if I was sent to little Mexico, ooooops I mean California.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top