Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Exactly--- although it may be true that she has bipolar there were never any reports which causes me to suspect the whole thing. And, I'm just not a fan of people once they become posterchild banner-wavers. It's a PR disaster. Heartless but true.
I don't think bipolar is as bad or as obvious as you may think. I find it odd that you think you'd be able to tell. It's not like you live next door, or something. I assume you have the same access to her that the rest of us do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 01:59 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,444,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't think bipolar is as bad or as obvious as you may think. I find it odd that you think you'd be able to tell. It's not like you live next door, or something. I assume you have the same access to her that the rest of us do.
Maybe CZJ had access to doctors that really understood 'bipolar'--she is Welsh, a Celt--it is said to be prevalent in that culture. sigh--If you are 'creative'--acting, singing, dancing, writing--you are on your way to bipolar. I had a friend who was/is Bipolar 1--more profound. With S it began in adolescence--and her family had a rich heritage of mental issues. It was horrible what she went through. She would tell me about hallucinations--very interested in Science/Religion/Alternative beliefs--she tried everything--hated the medication--lithium--it really was the only thing that worked and it took several decades to find the right dosage. She was brilliant--wanted to become a doctor--tried to attend a Chiropractic school--but the moods would overwhelm her time and time again. She finally found the right meds--but has to be very careful about diet, exercise and managing stress.

Seemed to have a family somewhat like Diana's--aristocrats. Her brother was schizophrenic. Mental illness needs to be understood.

I wish there were conclusive tests. 'The Brain'---so much progress has been made and so much more is needed.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,274,041 times
What about movie sets? Yes, I would think bipolar would show up randomly & interfere with ones ability to work. Still think based on the friend's account that she refused to go out, which I have read dozens of times on menopause forums, that she is in the midst of the change.
Quote:

Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
What about movie sets? Yes, I would think bipolar would show up randomly & interfere with ones ability to work. Still think based on the friend's account that she refused to go out, which I have read dozens of times on menopause forums, that she is in the midst of the change.
the manic episodes of bipolar II can manifest as anxiety. Anxiety can cause people to not want to socialize. I don't care what you've read, I'm living it. I don't know why you think you are so knowledgeable on the subject.

ETA - and what about movie sets? Are you on set with her? How do you know what goes on?

Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Maybe CZJ had access to doctors that really understood 'bipolar'--she is Welsh, a Celt--it is said to be prevalent in that culture. sigh--If you are 'creative'--acting, singing, dancing, writing--you are on your way to bipolar. I had a friend who was/is Bipolar 1--more profound. With S it began in adolescence--and her family had a rich heritage of mental issues. It was horrible what she went through. She would tell me about hallucinations--very interested in Science/Religion/Alternative beliefs--she tried everything--hated the medication--lithium--it really was the only thing that worked and it took several decades to find the right dosage. She was brilliant--wanted to become a doctor--tried to attend a Chiropractic school--but the moods would overwhelm her time and time again. She finally found the right meds--but has to be very careful about diet, exercise and managing stress.

Seemed to have a family somewhat like Diana's--aristocrats. Her brother was schizophrenic. Mental illness needs to be understood.

I wish there were conclusive tests. 'The Brain'---so much progress has been made and so much more is needed.
and there are different levels of severity. She could have it and it might not be obvious even to those around her, let alone people who see her in magazines and movies.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,723,381 times
Quote:
the manic episodes of bipolar II can manifest as anxiety. Anxiety can cause people to not want to socialize. I don't care what you've read, I'm living it. I don't know why you think you are so knowledgeable on the subject.

ETA - and what about movie sets? Are you on set with her? How do you know what goes on?
Great questions for the OP because I for one am really bothered by her obsession.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:31 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
What about movie sets? Yes, I would think bipolar would show up randomly & interfere with ones ability to work.
Were there problems on the set with Miss ZJ's you would have read about them in the tabloids you seem to enjoy so much. Every waitress, driver, and third assistant director in Hollywood has the National Enquirer on speed dial. Because the NE pays for those tips. A photo of Miss ZJ's stomping her foot and yelling at the camera operator would be worth money. (Be it from mental illness, "the change" or her not liking the fruit Craft Services put out that morning.)

Seen any?

She's been working since she was a teenager. She gets hired. A lot. A person who causes problems on the set causes money to be lost. Every day filming is held up it costs the studio/producers money. Were she a raving maniac or sitting depessed in her trailer unable or unwilling to do her job she would be unemployed. She's not.

My point in all this is that if Ms. ZJ hadn't been outed we wouldn't be here talking about her. She has a problem. She got help for her problem. She's working. Her husband and kids love her. She's respected in the business. Where's the story?

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-03-2011 at 11:41 AM..

Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Anxiety might actually cause her to be a better worker. It does me. I am always on time. I work hard. I worry about not doing a good job. It keeps me on task.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,274,041 times
Anxiety & bipolar disorder ought to be 2 separate illnesses, why the AMA will never get my $ or respect. Anxiety is a huge symptom of perimenopause. It is mentioned constantly on menopause boards. CZJ probably could benefit from BHRT, I hope she gets help in addition to whatever else she's on.
Quote:

Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Anxiety & bipolar disorder ought to be 2 separate illnesses, why the AMA will never get my $ or respect. Anxiety is a huge symptom of perimenopause. It is mentioned constantly on menopause boards. CZJ probably could benefit from BHRT, I hope she gets help in addition to whatever else she's on.
People of both sexes and all ages have anxiety. I, personally, don't get my medical info from on-line forums. They are full of people who don't know what the he## they are talking about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities