Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many years until the Royal Divorce?
One to five years 5 11.36%
Six to ten years 3 6.82%
Elevin to 15 years 4 9.09%
More than 15 years 5 11.36%
Never 27 61.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,675,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I give them 15 years max. They married on a less than stellar day astrologically----proof of this is E Entertainment said the wedding "bombed". They have an incompatiblity aspect & have already broken up once. It's just barely a love marriage.
Regardless of that, how many brides were forced to stand up at their wedding and sing "God Save My In-Laws". I think that puts old Kates position into focus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
After the royal divorces and Di's unhappiness, and after dating William for 10 years, and having time to see royal life, I don't think Kate is going in with blinders on. I think she knows that being a princess isn't like it is in the fairy tales. I don't think she'd sign up for this if she didn't truly want to be with him. I really think they'll last. I think they have way more going for them than Charles and Diana did. WAY more. Heck, look at Charles and Camilla! After marriages to other people, cheating, scandals, they are still together!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
I give them 15 years max. They married on a less than stellar day astrologically----proof of this is E Entertainment said the wedding "bombed". They have an incompatiblity aspect & have already broken up once. It's just barely a love marriage.
seriously?

Old 05-02-2011, 04:33 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
After the royal divorces and Di's unhappiness, and after dating William for 10 years, and having time to see royal life, I don't think Kate is going in with blinders on. I think she knows that being a princess isn't like it is in the fairy tales. I don't think she'd sign up for this if she didn't truly want to be with him. I really think they'll last. I think they have way more going for them than Charles and Diana did. WAY more. Heck, look at Charles and Camilla! After marriages to other people, cheating, scandals, they are still together!
Of course Charles and Camilla should have been together from the get-go. It is quite clearly a love match that got messed up by royal politics. That was the huge mistake that was made and which, I hope, has been avoided this time around. Thirty years ago, Kate would probably not have been deemed "suitable". Times change.

As to Kate, I think she is an intelligent and strong woman who knows exactly what she is doing and what she is getting herself into. Personally, I think she will be a huge benefit to the monarchy and they know it. I also think that this one is a love match .... after all, they have been together long enough.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
Quote:
I hope you took the tin foil hat off before posting this

Old 05-03-2011, 01:44 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,295,747 times
Unlike Charles and Diana, this is a couple that loves each other. And although she is a 'commoner' (damn, I hate that term!), I assume that she's had adequate education into what she's in for. She can't interact with her mother-in-law except through a written request (I'm not joking!), so she's not likely to experience a lot of meddling from the Queen.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:19 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
I think their marriage will last forever. They aren't young kids. They dated for a long period of time. They don't have any children prior to marriage.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:59 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
I think if anyone has a good chance at staying together; it's them. The fact that William waited so long to get married is a plus; but people can change in their 30's. I had my 2nd marriage at his age; I could not make it work. Depending on what happens with The Queen & Charles in the next 15 years; many things can happen to put stress on the marriage.

I hate to put a number on it; but said more then 15. That will put William in his 40's when men have issues.

Btw- I personally think the divorces suck. They should suck it up because those getting divorced set a bad example. My hub & I could have thrown the towel in many times but did not. Marriage is not easy; but it's not supposed to be easy.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:30 AM

99 posts, read 123,313 times
I believe they are truly inlove... atleast, judging from the movie they made and showed on the Lifetime network, based on "facts.

I think this is a forever deal.

Good luck to them.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:52 PM

664 posts, read 855,299 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities