U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:16 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
This is a stupid thread. I hope someone deletes it. Musicians and actors always ask for stupid things in their dressing room. It gets written into contracts. No doubt Charlton Heston was the same.

Link?

And demanding that limo drivers not look at her has nothing to do with a dressing room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:20 PM

3,722 posts, read 2,972,777 times
I heard somewhere that riders like the ones Katy Perry demands are actually indicators of the detail to which the promoter follows the contract. If her flowers are not in her dressing room then the promoter did not read the contract closely enough. So, what else did the promoter not read? Safety requirements needed for equipment set-up?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,219,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
I heard somewhere that riders like the ones Katy Perry demands are actually indicators of the detail to which the promoter follows the contract. If her flowers are not in her dressing room then the promoter did not read the contract closely enough. So, what else did the promoter not read? Safety requirements needed for equipment set-up?

Seriously? I'm trying to follow your "logic", really I am. So, if the promoter met all of her demands then she is not elitist and snobbish, but if the promoter objects to her demands then the promoter is putting her safety at risk? Help me out here, you've really stumped me on this one.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,232,718 times
yeah this behavior isn't new, ever heard of the term "lexus liberal" or "limousine liberal"?

Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,929,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I'm so speechless at her arrogance and elitism:

Drivers Beware: Don
She's the boss.

[she's making the money - do what she says...]

Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,833,102 times
I take it none of you have heard of the Van Halen M&M's demand.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,038,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Didn't see the "and other controversies" part at the top of the page, huh? She is an outspoken Obama supporter and far left zealot, yet if you read what she demands, it reeks of elitism and her believe that she is superior, "no driver shall look at her", what a joke. Again, merely pointing out the hypocrisy.
I can read and who cares about what her dressing room demands are...... this isn't controversy.....it's you trying to further a political agenda!...PLAIN and SIMPLE!

Take it to the Celebrities Forum>>>>>>>

Old 05-20-2011, 11:57 PM

3,861 posts, read 9,271,586 times
No brown M&M's! At least they played good music for their backstage spoils lol.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
She is no more demanding then some of the other groups out there, ever see a list of their deamdns, crazy man, specially green grass drink, all kinds of stupid requests they must have, i could care less. Certain kind of furnishings, some have to have special sheets, it is crazy, but guess when your famous, you can demand it. Some have to have certain organic foods, a spepcialty water drink, the list go's on and on. I live in LA LA LAND, and could give a rat's a-- about celebrities, and their needs, now Arnold that is another story, his needs, well they could not be met!

Old 05-21-2011, 03:33 AM

15,871 posts, read 13,425,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I take it none of you have heard of the Van Halen M&M's demand.
Yes, that is the tactic that geofra was referring to. Van Halen put the no brown M&Ms into their rider to make sure the promoters read the whole thing:

Wikipedia:

"According to David Lee Roth, this was listed in the technical portion of the contract not because the band wanted to make capricious demands of the venue, but rather as a test of whether the venue had actually read and honored the terms of the contract, as it contained other requirements involving legitimate safety concerns.[55] On earlier tours, inadequate compliance by local organizers to the safety requirements of the rider had placed members of Van Halen's road crew in danger which was occasionally life-threatening. Because of these incidents, the band developed the M&M's demand as a means of checking whether the venue was properly honoring the terms of the contract to their satisfaction. Subsequently, if the bowl was missing, or if there were brown M&M's present, they had reason to suspect that the venue might not have honored legitimate technical and safety concerns within the contract. As a result, the band would be within their rights to inspect the technical side of the performance prior to going on stage, and/or request the venue redo their work properly.[56]"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities