Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,366,871 times

Advertisements

Famous people you like are sometimes jerks. Mel Gibson, Chuck Berry, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christian Bale, Axel Rose, Charlie Sheen... Do you avoid celebrities who have horrible real-life personalities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,439,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
Famous people you like are sometimes jerks. Mel Gibson, Chuck Berry, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Christian Bale, Axel Rose, Charlie Sheen... Do you avoid celebrities who have horrible real-life personalities?
honestly, if you ask me today--we could do without celebrities and those who emulate them.

Then we wouldn't be subjected to TV/media garbage on their lives.

I really think that would eliminate many healthcare issues.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,160,893 times
Well, I never liked any of the people on that list to begin with. However, I still like the Mamas & the Papas even after hearing about what a sick dude John Phillips was...Phil Spector, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, not the greatest human beings, but they've also done some pretty spectacular work. I can definitely separate the person from the music, or the acting, etc. But certain people like Mel & Christian always rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe they're good actors but I don't like their films or think their talent is so great that they're irreplaceable...so it's no problem to avoid them at all.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,548,041 times
good post Op. Frankly if they are decent actors, Id like to just hear about their films, etc....Am so so sick of celeb rehab trash and garbage that in the past 5 years seems to be an epidemic-

Dr Drew talking about facebook- ugh...other than true crime I like classic films, I'll stick to film noir to escape the nasty reality trash flooding the airwaves- seriously 170 a month for satellite and I watch like 2 channels...what a waste...tv

Old 06-01-2011, 05:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,450,052 times
Chuck Berry?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:55 AM

958 posts, read 2,129,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post

I don't know about Chuck Berry but the others are just attention whores.
I don't watch their movies or tv shows.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,606,726 times
It depends.....if they are just complete jackas(*& I really don't care..but if they start talking smack about the U.S. then I'm done...I will not go see Sean Penn movies for this reason-and Johnny Depp...well I try not too-I heard he lives in France because he hates America-it bugs me.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,452,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
It depends.....if they are just complete jackas(*& I really don't care..but if they start talking smack about the U.S. then I'm done...I will not go see Sean Penn movies for this reason-and Johnny Depp...well I try not too-I heard he lives in France because he hates America-it bugs me.
Well, in Depp's case, he married a French actress/model and they live in France with their kids so I'd give a pass for that. I think part of the problem is some of the most talented artist also have some sort of mental disorder or the constant praise and surrounded by yes men willing to do even illegal acts to support the celebrity then they begin to feel they are above the law (sort of like some politicians of both parties). Won't stop listening to music or watch an actor simply because he/she is a jerk. Committing an illegal act and not doing time in jail/prison or for attacking our nation(President doesn't include our nation) and our nation's military is a deal breaker. Hollywood needs more actors and writers who served active duty before making another war movie.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,606,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Well, in Depp's case, he married a French actress/model and they live in France with their kids so I'd give a pass for that. I think part of the problem is some of the most talented artist also have some sort of mental disorder or the constant praise and surrounded by yes men willing to do even illegal acts to support the celebrity then they begin to feel they are above the law (sort of like some politicians of both parties). Won't stop listening to music or watch an actor simply because he/she is a jerk. Committing an illegal act and not doing time in jail/prison or for attacking our nation(President doesn't include our nation) and our nation's military is a deal breaker. Hollywood needs more actors and writers who served active duty before making another war movie.

Well that's what I'm hoping that Depp is just in France because of his wife...it would make me sad to think he hates the US-

Old 06-05-2011, 05:00 PM

4,720 posts, read 15,581,327 times
When I begin walking on water, I will judge them and perhaps feel superior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities