Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
no real sympathy here. Can't believe Roger Ebert is getting such flack for what he said. He was 1000% right and I agreed w/ everything he said. Pity for the passenger, but he was one of the drinking buddies and knew Dunn had been drinking when he got into that car, so can't even pity him all that much. Thank goodness no one innocent got hurt or killed by their reckless actions.
Yeah maybe drinking shots and beers and driving home in a Porsche going 110 mph isn't the smartest idea. Ebert's just saying what any sensible person knows is true. It's tragic, but his stupid behavior killed another person as well. You don't just crash off a highway at enough speed to burst into flames if you're driving at reasonable speeds and in control.

Although I always thought Steve-O or the midget would be the first star of Jackass to die an untimely death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,487,125 times
they should do some kind of 'weekend at bernie's' thing in the next "Jackass" movie

Old 06-22-2011, 12:10 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,624,789 times
West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll revealed Dunn's B.A.C. was .196 ... nearly two-and-a-half times the legal limit in Pennsylvania, which is .08.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

Yeah, he was a jackass. A drunk jackass.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,020,950 times
Call me a jerk but he was an idiot. And I'm not offended by what Roger said. He was a jackass.

I do not agree with the church protesting his funeral though. Let the family and friends have it without some religous freaks potesting.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll revealed Dunn's B.A.C. was .196 ... nearly two-and-a-half times the legal limit in Pennsylvania, which is .08.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

Yeah, he was a jackass. A drunk jackass.
And this...

Quote:
"The initial crash reconstruction investigation determined that Mr. Dunn's vehicle was traveling between 132-140 mph at the time of the collision," West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll said in a statement Wednesday.
I'd have to be stone sober to drive a Porsche 911 at speed of over 130 mph on a windy country road during the day...(And that could be fun, but still dangerous)

With a BAC of .196 at 3 am in the morning...That's just suicidal.

Are the Darwin Awards still accepting nominees for this year?

Old 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
Call me a jerk but he was an idiot. And I'm not offended by what Roger said. He was a jackass.

I do not agree with the church protesting his funeral though. Let the family and friends have it without some religous freaks potesting.
Don't tell me Westboro is involved.

It sorta sickens me that some youth look up to those "Jackass" people. I can't call them actors.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:13 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
honestly, is ANYONE shocked that he was both drunk and speeding excessively at the time of the crash? the man ONLY became famous for doing highly stupid things on camera. what else would you expect from a jackass? and who are the idiots that went out of their way to vilify Ebert for saying the truth everyone who read the news was thinking?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
honestly, is ANYONE shocked that he was both drunk and speeding excessively at the time of the crash? the man ONLY became famous for doing highly stupid things on camera. what else would you expect from a jackass? and who are the idiots that went out of their way to vilify Ebert for saying the truth everyone who read the news was thinking?
Not familiar with these shows but this incident sounds like a stunt. I read he even tweeted a pic of he and his friends drinking just before they left the bar. Strange.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:55 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,192,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Don't tell me Westboro is involved.

It sorta sickens me that some youth look up to those "Jackass" people. I can't call them actors.
They weren't trying to be actors.
I'm not defending his decision to drink and drive, but aside from Johnny Knoxville he was the least egotistical of the crew. All the others let the fame go to their heads

Old 06-22-2011, 04:23 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,839,154 times
Driving drunk = jackass behavior

Sorry to say he lived up to his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities