Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:59 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,610,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
sure! and old guy pants, like pleated slacks or golf pants
That makes sense.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
so I am trying to capture my youth when I wear rayban wayfarers, swatch watches, topsiders with no socks and pop the collar on my pink colored la coste polo shirts?
They still make swatches? And there is a word for a guy who wears polo shirts with the color sticking: "D-bag"

Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
How about a pair of slacks and REAL shoes. Sneakers are for the gym.

Time to put on your "big boy" clothes guys.
Who died and made you Mr. Blackwell? Sneakers are real shoes.

Most style critics, fashion designers and models look like they slept in thier clothes. Why should I listen to what others have to say about thier so called style.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,512,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I was thinking I'd get used to it, but I still hate it. They all look as though they're trying to be young kids, like when they wear their skirts too high. Even a woman who has a nice figure, if she is over a certain age, it looks odd to me. Maybe it's just me getting old and having a hard time to adjusting to new things.
How old are you?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:39 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,160,357 times
Maybe women should just wear overalls and a hijab once they hit 40 to avoid offending anyone's sensibilities. Heaven forbid a mature woman wear a hairstyle or clothing style that makes her feel attractive.

There are plenty of younger women and men of all ages who wear things that aren't particularly flattering or age appropriate, either.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,927,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Your bias has been influenced by cultural conditioning, a "culture" which is long gone. Also, where would you suggest that women buy long dresses? As for the hair, thank god women no longer feel compelled to cut their hair short after a "certain age." Such a negative patriarchal perspective. I see business women, judges, lawyers, scientists, etc., (accomplished professionals) with long hair every day.
I think long hair does not look attractive at all on every woman and as we age, on MOST women, it is even less so. Same with short skirts. They stop looking attractive and the short skirts look as though she's desperately trying to recapture youth. I also hate little children wearing makeup and being dressed and behaving as adult women.

I think it has to do with particular women trying to adopt a new style and no one ever tells her it's unbecoming.

Maybe I'll get used to it, but I don't think so.

I said nothing about having to wear long skirts, just short ones. What I think is happening here is that the population is aging and the fashion industry is a bit slow in catching up. I think 'they' are still marketing fashion choices for young women while the majority are aging. I think it is a travesty that there are not more choices offered for older women.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Hey, OP, what's with younger women with long hair?

Oh, yeah ... Long hair is "in" right now. The desire to be fashionable knows no age limit.
I can see that - and over time I may become accustomed to it, but to me, now, it looks ungraceful on many women over a certain age.

I also believe that there are basic principles that apply to art which are classic. Fashion can ignore these principles, but those styles generally are awkward in appearance and fade out. I think, on the majority of older women, the fashion and hairstyles and even makeup of their youth should be rethought.

Last edited by goldengrain; 06-23-2011 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I was thinking I'd get used to it, but I still hate it. They all look as though they're trying to be young kids, like when they wear their skirts too high. Even a woman who has a nice figure, if she is over a certain age, it looks odd to me. Maybe it's just me getting old and having a hard time to adjusting to new things.
I don't agree. I think an older woman looks better with longer, softer hair. I hate these little old ladies with the same hair, same glasses, same clothes. How utterly boring.

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-23-2011, 02:53 PM

37,084 posts, read 42,066,642 times
My dad is 86 and wears jeans and sneakers

Hair has no age and I don't have a clue what the OP's real issue is except to stir up someting on a forum.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't agree. I think an older woman looks better with longer, softer hair. I hate these little old ladies with the same hair, same glasses, same clothes. How utterly boring.

20yrsinBranson
There are many shorter, softer, styles available. I am talking long, not chin length, but draping off the shoulders, like some hot chick. A lady that age may be and look hot, but she certainly is past the 'chick' stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities