U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 PM

862 posts, read 1,365,132 times

Advertisements

I just watched a TV primetime special on Hollywood Moms that featured Kris, the Kardashian momager. I must admit she is an attractive woman with a warm, gregarious personality, but beyond that I have NO understanding of how she pimps out and pushes each and every one of her girls and sees them as a "brand". I am a mom of 3 girls and one boy so that is my reference and I don't get her at all...she seems very loving but something is off.

Quick facts:

1. She sees the Kardashian name as a "brand", and herself as it's Momager.

2. She considered changing her name to Kardashian -even though she is married to a Jenner and has 2 young teen daughters with him- because that name is more recognized.

3.She has the Kardashian TV reality theme whistling jingle for her doorbell. Would she not want a break at home?

4.She named all of her girls with a K name except for the son, Rob. Always a sign of potential kookiness!

I ask myself, is this some kind of personality disorder, like OCD, where she fixates on perfecting her product line?? Which is also her offspring?? Is she a control freak of the worst kind? What about her husband, where does he fit in? It seems that she has departed reality and gone off the deep end to some kind of Kardashian lala town. I wonder if Kim's sex tape years back pushed her over the edge towards world domination of her girls' image.

I can only take about 5 minutes of the reality show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 01:55 PM

2,987 posts, read 2,454,432 times
There is an article about her in MORE Magazine right now.

She was married to one of the attorneys in the OJ Simpson case. During that time, she was a stay-at-home mother with no further ambitions. She got a divorce from Kardashian and left without much money.

After her divorce, she met Bruce Jenner and he was $500,000 in debt and living in a tiny apartment. She married him anyway and took over his PR and started getting him speaking engagements for big bucks. She turned his career around.

She had always wanted a show about her family and took the opportunity when it became available. As their fame grew, she used the same skills she used to turn Bruce's career around and applied it to the girls.

She says all her girls get up at the crack of dawn and work all day until they fall down. She feels she is providing for her family.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:01 PM

She is indeed a powerhouse! Its admirable what she did for Bruce Jenner, I did not know that. That explains his patience with her Kardashian girl drama!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 PM

8,014 posts, read 7,857,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
She named all of her girls with a K name except for the son, Rob. Always a sign of potential kookiness!
I can top this one. I have a nephew who married a Jennifer.

They have 3 daughters whose names are ALL ~ you guessed it! ~ Jennifer. Plus their middle names all start with an "A" (Alissa, Annalise, and can't remember the other one). They all go by their middle names. Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid!

This was their father's idea, and the man has never been "stable".

Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM

2,156 posts, read 2,359,495 times
She is promoting her product, her children, it is strictly business, a cash Kow.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:22 AM

1,999 posts, read 6,603,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
There is an article about her in MORE Magazine right now.

She was married to one of the attorneys in the OJ Simpson case. During that time, she was a stay-at-home mother with no further ambitions. She got a divorce from Kardashian and left without much money.

After her divorce, she met Bruce Jenner and he was $500,000 in debt and living in a tiny apartment. She married him anyway and took over his PR and started getting him speaking engagements for big bucks. She turned his career around.

She had always wanted a show about her family and took the opportunity when it became available. As their fame grew, she used the same skills she used to turn Bruce's career around and applied it to the girls.

She says all her girls get up at the crack of dawn and work all day until they fall down. She feels she is providing for her family.

Interesting that Jenner was in a tiny apartment and $500K in debt, because on one show I hate to admit watching she was gushing about how much he loved her; and he was telling that he went to her then husband, Kardashian at that time, and told him he would pick up all the bills for the kids and take over all the debts. How could he if he was $500K in debt? I think this is a bunch of hooey myself. Just more PR "ain't we such hard working folks that we climbed out of poverty" bull to make them look good.

And Kris Jenner (or Chris, whatever) is nothing more than a fame ho to me. Sorry. If she had the youth and beauty of Kim, she would be taking ALL the bows.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,467,762 times
I, too, have a hard time watching their show but I find it on more than I like to admit in my home. I think I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Kris would drive me insane. I think of all the sibs, Kourtney handles her the best and is very direct with her. Kris doesn't listen. Her pushing Kourtney to marry was absolutely grating to watch. Her getting drunk and embarassing her daughters was even worse. I think sometimes she forgets that she is a matriarch and should act like one.

Overall, I have a problem with the show because these people just don't live in reality. Their dramas and their worries are so superficial. They have their lives, their health, roofs over their heads, etc, but gripe about the stupidest things and it angers me sometimes. I really try to not watch it. I have some sick need to get angry with the TV sometimes. So I have to choose from either the Kardashians or Hoarding: Buried Alive.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:01 PM

967 posts, read 978,311 times
She was a goldigging, groupie w***e just like her other friends. She was a flight attendant who set her sites on Robert. She would've been a ruthless bordello madam in another life. What normal woman would sell her daughter out by promoting a sex tape?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 PM

Cash Kow, bordello madam...all good points!

Does she actually merchandise the sex tape? It just gets worse!!

The episode I did watch was her pimping out Kim to Hef for the Playboy photo shoot, with Kim playing along as "baby" who is afraid to take her clothes off. PLEASE!! 100 years ago they would have been on the Vaudeville circuit with that old routine.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:11 PM

1,999 posts, read 6,603,486 times
Bwahahahaha! I love you guys!!!! So right on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities