Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:19 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times

Advertisements

I didn't watch all of this last Celeb Rehab but the epidsodes I watched she seemed much more normal and nice than her rep. Seems her addiction issues have wrecked her career. She seemed sincere about sobriety and wanting her career back.
I don't know how long its been since the show actually ended though I think the season was just a couple of months ago?

So this week she was on David Letterman and she seemed different. Like she was out of practice, trying to hard, not knowing how to seem or act. If you hadn't seen her on the show I think you would just think she was a little weird but if you had, well I felt a little bad for her. She kept saying how she wanted the industry to know that she wanted them to call her, consider her for parts.

Then, apparently in an attempt to get over some bad past press incident when addicted she had a film parody of the cat women incident?

Man, she is paying someone way to much for bad advice! I don't think it went over well but I havent checked the entertainment press sites yet.

If it didn't I hope it doesn't send her back to the bottle. I think she should have waited a little longer personally. Maybe done a little theater or a small part in an indy or animated film. Work her way back.
All actors have different personalities, some can manage their careers as well as act, some need help and a lot of that help are just sharks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I didn't watch all of this last Celeb Rehab but the epidsodes I watched she seemed much more normal and nice than her rep. Seems her addiction issues have wrecked her career. She seemed sincere about sobriety and wanting her career back.
I don't know how long its been since the show actually ended though I think the season was just a couple of months ago?

So this week she was on David Letterman and she seemed different. Like she was out of practice, trying to hard, not knowing how to seem or act. If you hadn't seen her on the show I think you would just think she was a little weird but if you had, well I felt a little bad for her. She kept saying how she wanted the industry to know that she wanted them to call her, consider her for parts.

Then, apparently in an attempt to get over some bad past press incident when addicted she had a film parody of the cat women incident?

Man, she is paying someone way to much for bad advice! I don't think it went over well but I havent checked the entertainment press sites yet.

If it didn't I hope it doesn't send her back to the bottle. I think she should have waited a little longer personally. Maybe done a little theater or a small part in an indy or animated film. Work her way back.
All actors have different personalities, some can manage their careers as well as act, some need help and a lot of that help are just sharks.

she's weird,always has been weird, is past her prime and should find a day job that is not in anyway connected to the entertainment industry

Old 10-08-2011, 11:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
I always thought Sean Young was weird, even a creep. And not even that good an actress.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I always thought Sean Young was weird, even a creep. And not even that good an actress.
and a DIVA!! Her very short lived career was filled with nothing but reports of her bad,uppity behavior. Karma is a biotch!!

Old 10-09-2011, 07:35 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
The problem isn't her reputation from addiction issues. Robert Downey Jr and Drew Barrymore were in the press during their screw ups from addictions too.

Sean Young has no talent.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:06 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Man the internet brings out the worst in people. She may not be some great talent but she's been good in a few things. Probably has more talent than say Jennifer Aniston. And who cares if she's a little weird? Not my business. Its not like she ran a pit bull ring and viciously killed a bunch of dogs.
She seemed nice enough on Rehab but either way its not like any of us really know her.
And it took a long slog for people to trust RDJ and Drew Barrymore again. Drew, she's not much of an actress either though I like the movies she produces.
I hope she can conquer her demons and get her career back on track.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,392 times
My husband and I watched her on DL and we thought she was acting strange too. I felt a little sorry for her because her whole segment was devoted to how she needed work. The word 'desperate' came to mind many a time during her segment.

Quote:

Old 10-09-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Man the internet brings out the worst in people. She may not be some great talent but she's been good in a few things. Probably has more talent than say Jennifer Aniston. And who cares if she's a little weird? Not my business. Its not like she ran a pit bull ring and viciously killed a bunch of dogs.
She seemed nice enough on Rehab but either way its not like any of us really know her.
And it took a long slog for people to trust RDJ and Drew Barrymore again. Drew, she's not much of an actress either though I like the movies she produces.

no need to attack other members,Gisela,because we speak the truth as how we see it.
YOU started the thread...............what did you expect? Sean Young has not earned a fan base and I think she's a no talent nobody. Not what you expected? Have NO expectations when you begin a thread, then you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 10-09-2011 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-09-2011, 02:55 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
I liked a couple movies shes been in as well and wish her the best in recovery process. It'll be difficult for her to say the least, in terms of age, by hollywood standards not mine. In addition she stalked actor James Woods, it got psycho and he needed to get a restraining order.

Last edited by virgode; 10-09-2011 at 03:08 PM..

Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
And not even that good an actress.
What? She was great in "Blade Runner" and "No Way Out." Of course, those roles were a long time ago but one's talent doesn't just disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities