U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM

21,680 posts, read 37,010,844 times
Other celebrities that are gay :
Comedian "Carrot Top" Scott Thompson,
Anderson Cooper of CNN,
Micheal Stipe of REM,
Jodie Foster oscar winning actress,
Jane Lynch actress of movies and Glee,
Christopher Rice- author and son of Anne Rice
Rupert Everett - actor movies
Cynthia Nixon - actress - sex & city
carson kressley -TV fashion critic or commentator.
Ted Allen - Food network 'Chopped'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 02:17 AM

17,941 posts, read 13,031,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Anderson Cooper of CNN,
Micheal Stipe of REM,
I think you're thinking of the wronG Scott Thompson. Kids in the Hall Scott Thompson is gay.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:52 AM

15,832 posts, read 18,409,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Anderson Cooper of CNN,
Micheal Stipe of REM,
Carrot Top is gay??? or is this speculation???

Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 AM

17,941 posts, read 13,031,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Carrot Top is gay??? or is this speculation???
Remember the show Kids in the Hall from Canada? With Dave Foley et. al. That Scoot Thomas is gay. Carrot top as far as it is known is straight or asexual.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM

728 posts, read 876,969 times
I'm glad to see the list is getting bigger, it's de-stigmatizing being gay.

What exasperates me is all the "faking" that still goes on in Hollywood, including marriages. Two have already been mentioned on this board.

For example, it is widely rumored that Jake Gyllenhaal is gay. Have you noticed that every time an actress --- like Jennifer Anniston or Reese Witherspoon -- goes through a break-up, suddenly Mr. G. is her boyfriend? Or -- when a girl is really famous -- like Taylor Swift - and her publicist thinks her image looks bad if she's single, whoops, better bring out Jake!

He is a sterling actor and a good looking guy. I don't care if he (or any other actor) is gay.

I do care that by perpetuating a fake image, he is implying that it is wrong and harmful to be gay in this society. Which I guess it still is .... but actors have done so much to help dispel this. It needs to expand and continue.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:15 AM

1,999 posts, read 6,178,374 times
Re Carrot Top: There are a number of articles on the net with interviews by ex-girlfriends stating he was gay. Wake up. Does the eyeliner and the overbuffed body not give a clue?

Guess I've kept up with it for some reason--considering I'm totally straight--but the biggest surprises I have had was when Kelly McGinnis, Meredith Baxter and Anderson Cooper came out. But who cares? I surely don't.

And I agree, George Michael did George Michael in with his bizarre acts and not his being gay. He needs to quit being so.....out there with his trying to do sex acts in a public toilet. Good gosh...get a room, George! It's safer.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 AM

25 posts, read 58,864 times
A lot of these actors were in a certain way, forced out of the closet rather than done willingly. In other words, there's a lot of talk and suspicion and gossip columns before the actor decides to comes out.

The less obvious ones simply don't come out, because they are less obvious to the public and so never have to deal with gay rumors.

None of the list is shocking. But Zach Quinto wasn't obvious when he was on Heroes, but became more obvious in public (hanging out with good-looking dudes).

John Mahoney, the dad on Frasier, was surprising. Neil Patrick Harris seemed nerdy rather than gay.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:26 PM

21,680 posts, read 37,010,844 times
Kristy McNichol of 'Family,' 'Empty Nest' comes out as a lesbian

Kristy McNichol of 'Family,' 'Empty Nest' comes out as a lesbian - latimes.com

Kristy McNichol on 100 Greatest Teen Stars - YouTube

Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 AM

14,812 posts, read 7,294,086 times
Everyone I knew in California, in the early 1960's, (none of us were connected to the movie industry) knew that Rock Hudson was gay. Certainly all the signs were there--he was married once very briefly early in his career and never married again, he had many female friends but was never romantically linked with any or them and he was a close friend of Elizabeth Taylor who became close friends with all her gay co-stars--Roddy McDowell ("National Velvet"), Montgomery Clift ("A Place In The Sun"), James Dean and Rock Hudson ("Giant") and also with Michael Jackson. Elizabeth's last marriage (to Larry Fortensky) took place at Neverland.

In the 1970's a rumor spread like wildfire that Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors lived together and had had a marriage ceremony.

snopes.com: Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson Marriage

This article about the "marriage" from Snopes.com mentions that Rock Hudson's homosexuality was well known in the industry but did not become public knowledge until he was diagnosed with AIDS.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 AM

8,230 posts, read 10,886,830 times
Is Anderson Cooper out of the closet? He made the scatological term "teabagger" famous by applying it to persons who had different political view than he has but who knew that he had first hand experience as an actual teabagger himself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities