Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:30 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,023,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I was surprised when I found out some of these celebrities were gay. But I always had a suspicion Ricky Martin was gay. Being gay hurt George Michael.

25 Celebrity Coming Out Stories That Shocked The World

it wasn't being gay that hurt him.... it was his behaviour in public bathrooms and driving under the influence......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I was surprised when I found out some of these celebrities were gay. But I always had a suspicion Ricky Martin was gay. Being gay hurt George Michael.

25 Celebrity Coming Out Stories That Shocked The World
I don't get it.

"Shocked the world?" Really.

So....they think it's shocking that: Elton John; Rosie O'Donnell; Elen DeGeneres; Melissa Etheridge; and Ricky Martin are Gay?
I think it would be more of a shocker if any of those people claimed to be straight.
And how is it that they didn't mention the biggest Gay surprise of all-time: Rock Hudson?
And what the hell happened to Kelly McGillis? Is that even her in that pic?
And why do gay women age so badly? I think this fact pretty much proves the genetic factor for gayness, huh? I mean, has anyone seen Jody Foster lately?

"Hey, this is Hollywood, guys. Everbody's gay once in awhile."
Robert Downey, Jr. commenting on rumors about his bi-sexuality.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:01 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,242 times
Although they never "officially" came out, I think most people were surprised when it was revealed that James Dean was gay, and Rock Hudson being the first really high profile AIDS case was sort of a coming out because everyone though Rock Hudson was as straight and macho as they come. Other legendary movie stars later revealed to be gay were Greta Garbo, Sal Mineo, Ramon Novarro, etc.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:10 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Um... It is Jonathan knight, not jordon. Who cares it was a boy band from 20 plus years ago.
I don't care, just surprised. The boy band may be from 20 years ago but they are still selling out concerts and cruise ships. So they are very relevant in 2011.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:12 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Although they never "officially" came out, I think most people were surprised when it was revealed that James Dean was gay, and Rock Hudson being the first really high profile AIDS case was sort of a coming out because everyone though Rock Hudson was as straight and macho as they come. Other legendary movie stars later revealed to be gay were Greta Garbo, Sal Mineo, Ramon Novarro, etc.

A lot of the gay ones are ones you would never suspect. Obviously, Rosie O'Donnell, Ricky Martin, and Darren Hayes were clear as day. But most would have never guessed James Dean, Rock Hudson, Robert Reed, or Neil Patrick Harris.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
I once saw Elton John described as a closet heterosexual.

Someone mentioned about how could one not know Quinto is gay. Quite honestly I didn't know who he was until the new Star Trek. The only actors from that movie I knew of prior to its release were Simon Pegg and Carl Urban.

You all are forgetting Montgomery Clift, rumors about Randolph Scott and Cary Grant, and Marlene Dietrich.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What did George Michael in was his bathroom arrests.

MR SPOCK IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????
Sure....you didn't know his was their secret hand signal?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:28 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,488,242 times
of course Quinto is not the first Star Trek actor to come out of the closet, George Takei (Mr. Sulu) did too, but I think people had a pretty good idea after watching him in Star Trek IV because he wore that cape so fabulously!

Old 10-19-2011, 09:28 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
I wouldn't call most of those people celebrities. What has Chaz ever done other than being the "son" of Sonny and Cher. Even with famous lineage no one would know anything about him/her if not for the "change".

Being gay didn't hurt GM, IMO. Getting caught at a gloryhole, however, probably did.

Here's another suprising gay celeb: Rob Halferd (spelling?) of Judas Priest
/kidding, everyone knows he is gay and always did

Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
But most would have never guessed ....Neil Patrick Harris.
Dude he was plain as day gay since Doogie Howser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities