Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,389,811 times

Advertisements

I get it! There is a reason that spousal and child support exists. I cited this information from a legal site.
Please notice below where it STATES "conduct of the parties" which includes cheating.

There are several factors a judge considers when deciding whether to grant alimony. These differ from state to state, of course, but they usually involve things like the parties' relative ability to earn money, both now and in the future; their respective age and health; the length of the marriage; the kind of property involved, and the conduct of the parties. In general, about the only time a judge will award alimony in most states is where one spouse has been economically dependent on the other spouse for most of a lengthy marriage.

I guess you should apply the same theory to Mel Gibsons wife of 27 years and 7 kids who will receive $450 million. My point is if you break a contract especially of marriage you have to suffer the consequences. It's simple. Also notice the law also indicates ability to earn income now and future AND length of marriage.

Kobe should pay her attorney fees because he broke his marriage contract by cheating. She SHOULD file for divorce after she tried over and over to forgive his ways. When a women feed up.... It's over.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:46 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,911,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I get it! There is a reason that spousal and child support exists. I cited this information from a legal site.
Please notice below where it STATES "conduct of the parties" which includes cheating.

There are several factors a judge considers when deciding whether to grant alimony. These differ from state to state, of course, but they usually involve things like the parties' relative ability to earn money, both now and in the future; their respective age and health; the length of the marriage; the kind of property involved, and the conduct of the parties. In general, about the only time a judge will award alimony in most states is where one spouse has been economically dependent on the other spouse for most of a lengthy marriage.

I guess you should apply the same theory to Mel Gibsons wife of 27 years and 7 kids who will receive $450 million. My point is if you break a contract especially of marriage you have to suffer the consequences. It's simple. Also notice the law also indicates ability to earn income now and future AND length of marriage.

Kobe should pay her attorney fees because he broke his marriage contract by cheating. She SHOULD file for divorce after she tried over and over to forgive his ways. When a women feed up.... It's over.
No, you don't "get it." I understand the law is the law, but just because it's the law doesn't mean it's good law. In other words, what I'm saying is that divorce laws in America are totally antiquated and need to changed immediately; divorce laws have not changed with the times. If they aren't changed sometime in the near future, you're going to see marriage rates declining every year until it gets to the point where the majority of men aren't married and have no interest in getting married. You may think "oh well..." right now, but when single parent households start becoming the norm and the traditional family structure becomes a rarity, you'll start to see a breakdown of society and the negative ramifications that has.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,962,062 times
Vanessa bryant met kobe when she was only 17. She surely is a gold digger & shes going to get a very nice settlement. Why bryant didnt get a pre-nup ill never understand.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,654,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Vanessa bryant met kobe when she was only 17. She surely is a gold digger & shes going to get a very nice settlement. Why bryant didnt get a pre-nup ill never understand.
You know the saying. young and dumb and full of (you can finish the phrase..)

Old 12-24-2011, 07:03 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,730,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
No way should she get half. Did she teach Kobe how to shoot a jumpshot, shoot a baseline fadeway, take a defender off the dribble and go in for a dunk, run the offense for the Lakers, score 40-50 points like it's nothing? Did she get up in the morning and help him workout 6 hours a day during the offseason, did she spot him while he lifted weights in an effort to get stronger and become more of a threat on the court? If so, then yes, she's entitled to half. If not, then she's not.

I don't care what he's done with other women, she's done absolutely NOTHING to justify getting $100 million and the fact of the matter is that, without him and HIS talents, there's a very strong chance she wouldn't even be sniffing $1 million let alone $100 million. Just being married to someone and taking care of couple of kids (which are often a liability, not an asset, but people still have them anyway) is something that any female can do, so until you can prove she was a direct contributor to him making $30-40 million a year, I totally can't sign on for giving her anything even close to half of his net worth. A fair settlement would be $25 million + child support which is more than enough considering she didn't contribute in any way, shape, or form to him making that kind of money. Kobe was a world-class athlete waaay BEFORE he met her and still remains a world-class athlete and none of that has anything to do with Vanessa.

Hopefully, men will learn from this divorce, wisen up, and conclude that, 9 times out of 10, it's better to remain single as there's absolutely no reason for a man to get married in this day and age (especially if rich and/or good looking). Single men can get everything married men can get and more (married guys don't even get much sex from their wives after the first few years of marriage and who even wants to have sex with the same woman for years and years?? lol BORING); they also don't have to deal with legal issues and possible financial ruin that often comes with a divorce.
Excellent points. Well stated and I couldn't agree more

Old 12-24-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post

No kidding. I have a feeling that she probably refused to marry him if she had to sign a prenup and he caved. She's also been described as arrogant by the wives of his team mates.

As the years have gone by, he probably realized his mistake. I know that his family was totally against the marriage and I believe they remain estranged to this day.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:17 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,510,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Who said she was to blame? Please stop twisting my words to suit your needs. Neither of us lived in their household. For all you know she may have had a few down low relationships while Kobe was on the road. You act as if she was the virgin Mary or a rocket scientist with a real future ahead of her.

Prior to meeting Kobe, Vanessa was a 17 y/o high school drop out/wanna be video skank, not a rocket scientist or the virgin Mary. Unless you are personal friend who witnessed her daily actions, you have no idea who took care of her children. My guess is that she had plenty nannies and maids, thus plenty of opportunity to go out and do her own thing with his money, which may have included a few indiscretions of her own.

At the end of the day, when she met and married Kobe she was a teenager with very little education and probably not much of a future. I sincerely doubt that she would have amounted to much since video skanks are a dime a dozen. That is my opinon.

Perhaps you need to go back and read my entire post, instead of condemning me for calling it like I SEE IT as opposed to how you think I should. No matter what you think, I still see her as a gold digger who got lucky and stuck it out for 10 years in order to get half. If she was so concerned about his indiscretions as opposed to counting his money and counting down the deadline to get half, no amount of money let alone a $4 million ring would have kept her in the marriage. She was definitely waiting on the big pay day.

Thus, we will agree to disagree. I'm done.

Vanessa Bryant: Kobe Bryant Infidelity Rumors Get Stranger and Stranger | Bleacher Report

You are blaming her! You don't have to say "I blame Vanessa" for your statements to still be accusatory towards her. 99 percent of your venom has been aim at HER and not the culprit who boned someone other than her wife! Just the fact that you've called her a skank, tells where you stand.

Secondly, we can't accuse Vanessa of anything unless we have proff....RIGHT?? Thus, you can't project on to her what you THINK she did.

Thirdly,at the end of the day, when she met him means nothing. The wedding vows and the children are the real deal here. He knew who she was when he married her. He cheated on his FAMILY!! The mother and kids are a package deal!

Being a MAN ain't about the money and the women. It's about living up to your responsiblity to those you are suppose to love!

For those of you who think the justice system isn't fair in some of these cases, that may be true. My advice to you is this.....don't cheat on your spouse and get yourself caught up in it, to begin with.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You are blaming her! You don't have to say "I blame Vanessa" for your statements to still be accusatory towards her. 99 percent of your venom has been aim at HER and not the culprit who boned someone other than her wife! Just the fact that you've called her a skank, tells where you stand.

Secondly, we can't accuse Vanessa of anything unless we have proff....RIGHT?? Thus, you can't project on to her what you THINK she did.

Thirdly,at the end of the day, when she met him means nothing. The wedding vows and the children are the real deal here. He knew who she was when he married her. He cheated on his FAMILY!! The mother and kids are a package deal!

Being a MAN ain't about the money and the women. It's about living up to your responsiblity to those you are suppose to love!

For those of you who think the justice system isn't fair in some of these cases, that may be true. My advice to you is this.....don't cheat on your spouse and get yourself caught up in it, to begin with.
Oh please stop with the whining and fingeer pointing. I am not "blaming her" for anything. You may not like how I feel about the gold digging skank, but she is what she is and no amount of yours or anyone else's preaching to the choir will change that.

At the end of the day, your message board tantrums will not change my opinion of her or the situation. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors but I guarantee you she is no angel.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:00 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,962,062 times
I didnt know until now that vanessa was a high school dropout. I do remember when she was 17 she was at the lakers games sitting in the front. I dont care for basketball or the genetic freaks & their greedy & lose wives.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:58 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,973,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
No way should she get half. Did she teach Kobe how to shoot a jumpshot, shoot a baseline fadeway, take a defender off the dribble and go in for a dunk, run the offense for the Lakers, score 40-50 points like it's nothing? Did she get up in the morning and help him workout 6 hours a day during the offseason, did she spot him while he lifted weights in an effort to get stronger and become more of a threat on the court? If so, then yes, she's entitled to half. If not, then she's not.

I don't care what he's done with other women, she's done absolutely NOTHING to justify getting $100 million and the fact of the matter is that, without him and HIS talents, there's a very strong chance she wouldn't even be sniffing $1 million let alone $100 million. Just being married to someone and taking care of couple of kids (which are often a liability, not an asset, but people still have them anyway) is something that any female can do, so until you can prove she was a direct contributor to him making $30-40 million a year, I totally can't sign on for giving her anything even close to half of his net worth. A fair settlement would be $25 million + child support which is more than enough considering she didn't contribute in any way, shape, or form to him making that kind of money. Kobe was a world-class athlete waaay BEFORE he met her and still remains a world-class athlete and none of that has anything to do with Vanessa.

Hopefully, men will learn from this divorce, wisen up, and conclude that, 9 times out of 10, it's better to remain single as there's absolutely no reason for a man to get married in this day and age (especially if rich and/or good looking). Single men can get everything married men can get and more (married guys don't even get much sex from their wives after the first few years of marriage and who even wants to have sex with the same woman for years and years?? lol BORING); they also don't have to deal with legal issues and possible financial ruin that often comes with a divorce.
Elin didn't do jack to help Tiger make a hole in one yet she got $100mil. Juanita Jordan didn't do jack to help Michael on the court yet she got $150mil. Mel Gibson's wife cashing out at $425mil. They all get half.

Vanessa will get half just because she married him and popped out 2 kids.

I read a comment on YouTube about Vanessa and it's been making me think. They met in 1999 and she was 17? The age of consent in California is 18 and he was more than 3 years older than her.

That poster said her dad and family probably threatened Kobe or something to make him put a ring on it because you KNOW they were having sex probably from the minute the met. And he would have been in some trouble.

It does seem weird that he was this 22 year old boy and he married her right at 18. He couldn't wait for her to be able to drink at the wedding? I wonder if they had a "scare" or two. Could be real or false and a threat and revelation of a pregnancy with a minor would have been bad news. Put a ring on it son. He says ok and then it's a false alarm

Celebs don't marry right out of high school like that. Only people in the Southern US do who have money and mom and dad are paying for everything including their bills and apartment or they have no money and just get dragged with the shotgun.

She'll get half because that's the California way. And celebrity wives always do get half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities