U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM

3,614 posts, read 2,663,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
love it.

I agree.

sigh such meanness?towards someone who has no bearing on the haters' lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 03:36 PM

18,459 posts, read 14,025,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
That may be. Being she pimped out her kids and herself for a TV in pursuit of fame is pretty damn low.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM

12,097 posts, read 11,170,397 times
Quote:

sorry, that's how I feel. I couldn't give give a rats arse what happens to Kate and her 100 kids.

she should have been thinking about investing her money to have a good future for her children instead of having a brand new spanking sports car or a body guard.

So no I don't feel sorry for her.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM

how bout some empathy for the kids that did not ask to have 2 immature parents---and some hope that these parents shape up--and i mean both of them

Old 01-04-2012, 01:53 PM

501 posts, read 648,180 times
Quote:
how bout some empathy for the kids that did not ask to have 2 immature parents---and some hope that these parents shape up--and i mean both of them
If you read the whole thread, you'll find the majority of posters expressed empathy for her kids.

One thing I never saw mentioned was the fact that Jon did file papers in court awhile back expressing concern for the kids being exposed and exploited on national tv and he tried to stop production of this "show".

Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM

16,863 posts, read 13,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I don't think there would be any problem with her as a nurse. She was an ER nurse (an RN) and they don't just "let" people be RNs, no less ER nurses. It takes a lot of education and you have to be very on-point to be an RN. I'm sure she was a very good RN when she was working.

Her whole problem came in with her falling into the Hollywood "trap", thinking the money was going to keep rolling in, getting plastic surgeries, makeovers, expensive clothing, spending, spending, spending. She never thought about the day when people would tire of her and the kids and the show would be over.

The unfortunate part is that she could have made some kind of "comeback" with her and/or the kids but with the divorce and all the public airing of their "laundry", many people have grown to dislike and even resent them (Jon and Kate, not the kids) so any hope of a comeback is squashed.

I saw on some show that she's part of some couponing website (can't remember the name) but that's what she does for a living now.
I've wondered if she was an RN or an LVN. I know she worked in a dialysis clinic and worked on a L&D floor. I never heard she worked in the ER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Before throwing Jon under the bus. Consider how Kate trated him. It was boorish. While Job isn't exactly a prince, he has fallen off the radar. Last I knew he had a job and was trying to uphold his end of agreement as best he could.
Jon had his mid-life crisis and behaved like a dumbass, but I have some respect for him and how he's behaving now. He's working a real, normal job, trying to give his kids a real, normal life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I disagree. A small fortune is quite a bit more $$$, I feel sure, than the average person would ever see. A small fortune is more than enough to provide for 8 kids or more IF one lives a normal life. And still have enough $$$ to put away for college. But the lifestyle Kate was living was not the lifestyle of a mature, intelligent and responsible parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
How do other big families survive without millions of dollars?
Kate seems to think that is the norm....
There are tons of regular families with lots of kids. They work normal jobs, watch their spending, and don't try to live like celebrities. It can be done.

It is a shame she/they weren't smarter with the money. They could have bought a still large and private, but much more sensible house. She doesn't need the tanning, the clothes, etc. She was stupid to think that kind of income would last. It should have been treated like the fluke that it was, and she should have gone back to nursing a long time ago.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Having 3 boys myself, yes, I do feel for the children, as I feel for "Octomom" and her tribe. Children do not ask to be born, so yes, I will give you that.

However, Kate to me is nothing more than a Hollywood Glamor seeking idiot. Other than having all theses children, that is what made her a celebrity, if you can even call her that. I mean she was on Dancing with the stars, c'mom, she is not a star by any means.......

Jon, he is nothing more than a dumbell.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I've wondered if she was an RN or an LVN. I know she worked in a dialysis clinic and worked on a L&D floor. I never heard she worked in the ER.

Jon had his mid-life crisis and behaved like a dumbass, but I have some respect for him and how he's behaving now. He's working a real, normal job, trying to give his kids a real, normal life.

There are tons of regular families with lots of kids. They work normal jobs, watch their spending, and don't try to live like celebrities. It can be done.

It is a shame she/they weren't smarter with the money. They could have bought a still large and private, but much more sensible house. She doesn't need the tanning, the clothes, etc. She was stupid to think that kind of income would last. It should have been treated like the fluke that it was, and she should have gone back to nursing a long time ago.

BINGO !!!! she must have though her ATM machine was going to be flowing forever............but the well is running dry.

Poor planning.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM

9,973 posts, read 13,673,297 times
I will never understand why people on reality TV are called "stars." They can't do anything. They just act up in front of a camera, like a big-time home movie. What happened to dramas and comedies, and heavens, variety shows? (Am I showing my age?) If I want to see people act like trash, I can go to work and get paid for it.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I will never understand why people on reality TV are called "stars." They can't do anything. They just act up in front of a camera, like a big-time home movie. What happened to dramas and comedies, and heavens, variety shows? (Am I showing my age?) If I want to see people act like trash, I can go to work and get paid for it.
lol!--and i could just watch my neighbor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities