Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I often wondered how she could not have diabetes with all that rich food.

Paula Deen expected to reveal she has Type 2 diabetes - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
Exactly...no wonder with the food she shows on tv...hypocrite...first making people eat the bad food and than promoting the medication to get better or maybe it is called "smart".... But I would never eat her food or watch her...

Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,628,634 times
Putting five pounds of sugar in a cup of tea is not a good thing.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:48 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
She's on TV because her food is delicious!

No one is saying you have to eat these stuff everyday!!

You only live one time!! Even those that lived on tree bark and raisins have died of something! And they never knew the simple joy of a juicy grilled steak or the an ice cream sundae! That's ridiculous!

Moderation people!! Get over it!
She's fat. She can preach "moderation" all she wants, she clearly did not eat in moderation herself. Besides that, once you have diabetes, you have to keep the blood sugar level 24/7 because the sugar in your blood is harmful for your body.. limbs, eyes, blood vessels.. etc. etc. That's why there are special dishes for diabetics.
You don't go on TV and push something that may cause a disease while you have the disease yourself that was caused by exactly the same stuff you are trying to sell on TV. And then even hide it for years.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,355,088 times
Paula is a fake! She is all about butter, sugar, excess! Why didn't she come clean with her health problems, and start cooking for Diabetics?! What, healthy food would not have been popular? I think she could have provided a platform for education, dialogue, and been extremely creative with her talent in a new direction, sorely needed by her viewers. Instead, she continued to cook unhealthy food, and practice denial of health problems. Great compliance with your diabetic diet..."Hot fudge Caramel Sundaes"!!! Maybe those will taste great once you go blind, start having limbs amputated, and die because of uncontrolled high blood sugar.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:15 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,628,634 times
Being inactive and overweight are the main causes of diabetes. While her food is fattening as hell, it really isn't the food itself that causes diabetes.

With that said, I have no use for her or her very annoying southern belle caricature.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:26 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,365,438 times
I wish her well, but its been three years since she was diagnosed, and whats sketchy is all of a sudden its a huge media blitz and a drug partnership for medication that costs 500$/month.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:42 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
I love the sort of food that she has espoused, but I know better than to eat it daily! I don't think any of us know just how often she dined on it. Some people get diabetes even if they eat with an eye to cholesterol, etc.

I think she deserves more sympathy than condemnation. People need to take responsibility for their own eating habits. I could do better, but I'm not going to blame anyone but myself. It's personal responsibility, IMO. No one is forcing anyone to eat chicken-fried steak or a bunch of donuts every day, although the thought has a certain appeal.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 PM

8,307 posts, read 13,442,156 times
Every single time you eat outside, regardless of the quality or type of restaurant it is, you are not eating healthy, period. Eat at home, using natural ingredients, cook your own food.

The biggest oddity in this country is the meal portions. It blows my mind that the amount of food every place serve for dinner. Most harmful meal of the day and they give you ton of food, not even going to mention the type of food!

I like eating an apple or drinking a glass of not-too-cold glass of water before eating to lessen the hunger.

Sad that how people in current society lacks activity. b bunch of people with worst diets, stress and sleeping disorders. No wonder every other kids has ADD and every other person over 50 is fighting with diabetes or some form of cancer.

Being inactive and overweight is not the cause of diabetes, they are merely a symptom to the outcome which is diabetes. You have to find the cause of the symptoms. Inactive? Why inactive? On medication? If so why? Lack of energy, if so why? Overweight, due to lack of activity and/or bad diet? How about stress? Lack of "good" (REM) sleep can also trigger bunch of negative things, one being diabetes.

- Healthy Diet (no less than 80% plants in your diet, no salt, no sugar no flour and no packaged food of any kind)
- Good Sleep (be asleep by 11pm every night)
- Be drug (medication) free (no alcohol too)
You do all the above, you will have the mental and physical energy to exercise, naturally.
= Disease-free, happier life.

PS. Don't believe everything FDA approves to be good for you or what they disapprove to be bad for you. Everything is business in this country and everyone wants to make $$ even if it means doing/telling the wrong thing.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,025 times
First off people need to realize there are two types of Diabetes..From what I understand she has type 2 which is common for obese people and has to do with blood sugar out of whack..This can be controlled by eating healthy and losing weight.
Type one is when you are not producing insulin and this is genetic and has to be controlled with shots,etc.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
I'm always sceptical when a cook like Paula is telling people what to eat and they look like she does...

If I want to get cooking advises I want it from a person who looks healthy and isn't overweigth or I can go and eat fast food everyday.

Maybe other people will call me out for going by looks but I don't care if they are pretty, handsome, etc...but I do like to get advise from healthy looking people who give reasonable advise on balanced food and not one that is telling not to eat any carbs at all either...like Dr. Atkins who died of something related due to what he was preaching others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities