Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:00 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times

Advertisements

Report: Kobe Bryant's wife awarded $75M in divorce deal - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Kobe's ex wife just awarded 75 mill, AND the three mansions, one of which her free loading mother is staying in. If I had money like that I would NEVER get married, its just not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 03:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Report: Kobe Bryant's wife awarded $75M in divorce deal - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Kobe's ex wife just awarded 75 mill, AND the three mansions, one of which her free loading mother is staying in. If I had money like that I would NEVER get married, its just not worth it.
Look - I'm a huge Lakers fan - born and raised in outside Los Angeles - but I don't understand why so many people on here are so hung up on his marriage and divorce like it has anything to do with marriage and divorce in general. He got married at 21 - which, to me - is a huge no no. Also - everyone here acts like he's some stand up guy that was a great father and husband and got screwed out of the blue by some crazy gold digger. Seriously? The guy had more affairs than I'm sure we know about - and to be perfectly honest - he probably should have done some jail time. He obviously wasn't ready to get married and he very obviously didn't take his marriage vows seriously. Did she? Who knows? Did she marry him for the money he was probably going to make? Very likely. Did he marry her because she was hot? That's likely, too.

Instead of people saying - look what happened to Kobe - I'm not getting married! Maybe people should be saying - Look how Kobe screwed up his marriage - I'm not going to do that.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,692,134 times
Quote:

As long as you don't cheat on your wife for 10 years, then you'll be fine. Kobe was a fool in many ways.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,123,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Look - I'm a huge Lakers fan - born and raised in outside Los Angeles - but I don't understand why so many people on here are so hung up on his marriage and divorce like it has anything to do with marriage and divorce in general. He got married at 21 - which, to me - is a huge no no. Also - everyone here acts like he's some stand up guy that was a great father and husband and got screwed out of the blue by some crazy gold digger. Seriously? The guy had more affairs than I'm sure we know about - and to be perfectly honest - he probably should have done some jail time. He obviously wasn't ready to get married and he very obviously didn't take his marriage vows seriously. Did she? Who knows? Did she marry him for the money he was probably going to make? Very likely. Did he marry her because she was hot? That's likely, too.

Instead of people saying - look what happened to Kobe - I'm not getting married! Maybe people should be saying - Look how Kobe screwed up his marriage - I'm not going to do that.
Based on what facts? I doesn't matter why the marriage ended, the fact is he is getting screwed! She didn't do ANYTHING to earn that money. How many hours a day was she practicing in the gym. How many things in life did she give up to dedicate her life to basketball, how many injuries did she incur because of basketball.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. If I was a advisor to a man with money I would discourage them from marrying. Its a lose ,lose situation. If your anywhere from poor to middle class, then find get married. It might help you. But if your wealthy(unless she gave birht to your kids) you're making a mistake.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:21 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Look - I'm a huge Lakers fan - born and raised in outside Los Angeles - but I don't understand why so many people on here are so hung up on his marriage and divorce like it has anything to do with marriage and divorce in general. He got married at 21 - which, to me - is a huge no no.
You speak the truth. He just should have never gotten married. He was neither ready nor inclined. And lots of older players and ex-players - his own dad included - warned him.

Quote:
Also - everyone here acts like he's some stand up guy that was a great father and husband and got screwed out of the blue by some crazy gold digger.
Well, Vanessa is a crazy gold digger. But you're right.

Quote:
Seriously? The guy had more affairs than I'm sure we know about - and to be perfectly honest - he probably should have done some jail time. He obviously wasn't ready to get married and he very obviously didn't take his marriage vows seriously. Did she? Who knows? Did she marry him for the money he was probably going to make? Very likely. Did he marry her because she was hot? That's likely, too.
All true, except the jail thing. Neither you nor I know what really happened that night in Colorado.
Quote:
More like - look how Kobe screwed up his life by getting married in the first place and expecting to still go out and be a ho. Once a ho, always a ho. He married a gold digger with a bad personality, but he's a ho with a bad personality. He shouldn't have gotten married. Not to Vanessa, not to anyone else.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
Based on what facts? I doesn't matter why the marriage ended, the fact is he is getting screwed! She didn't do ANYTHING to earn that money. How many hours a day was she practicing in the gym. How many things in life did she give up to dedicate her life to basketball, how many injuries did she incur because of basketball.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. If I was a advisor to a man with money I would discourage them from marrying. Its a lose ,lose situation. If your anywhere from poor to middle class, then find get married. It might help you. But if your wealthy(unless she gave birht to your kids) you're making a mistake.
I still think it's funny that this is what you have taken from this situation. He CHEATED ON HER! MANY, MANY TIMES! Like I said - this isn't some stand up guy. And in all probability, he raped someone years ago and got away with it. And like I said - I'm a Lakers fan!

Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:

Not if you're a man.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,189,893 times
Fact is she got three mansions that will require ALOT of residual upkeep each year with property taxes, landscaping, maintenance, etc... She is supporting her mother in a mansion as well and all those bills.

She is accustomed to a free spending lifestyle and has no future viable source of income beyond being Kobe's ex...

I predict Bankruptcy within 5-10years ala Heather Mills (look her up, she got 50mil, ended up broke and 25mil in debt)

Also in a no fault state, she could leave for any reason and get a similar type divorce deal. Cheating or not...

Old 01-21-2012, 12:52 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
Good for her. I am sure she earned her money.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:10 PM

662 posts, read 1,278,021 times
I think it's ridiculous amount of money for a woman who sits on her ass does absolutely nothing for a living. At the same time, I think that divorces should all be no fault divorces that end 50/50. It clears up the court systems and makes rich people think twice about getting married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities