Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:10 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,801,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Paterno died from guilt. He didn't do the right thing. He was all powerful on that campus.
It is annoying to read these comments. If he was "all-powerful" there then how were they able to fire him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,915,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It is annoying to read these comments. If he was "all-powerful" there then how were they able to fire him?
Pretty naive statement.

Easy to can an old man (and really everyone involved) when you have child molestation charges blanketing the program.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,628,951 times
I know someone who died from cancer years ago after a stressful situation. I think the scandal hit him so hard that somethinig in him triggered the cancer to make it worse.

Honestly? I think Sandusky, the scandal and his conscious killed him.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM

187 posts, read 442,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Look...enuff of this "legal" speak!! READ THE REPORT!! Paterno was the most powerful man on that campus!!! HE HAD KNOWLEDGE OF THIS AND DID NOTHING....HE DID NOT FOLLOW UP!! HE LET IT GO, BECAUSE FOOTBALL WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM!! He did only the bare minimum. The minute he saw that Sanduski was not in custody or some inquisiton, he should have brought the heat!! BUT HE DID NOT!!

Sure...he didn't rob the bank! But he drove the get away car!! HE MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR THE DUSKI TO KEEP SCREWIN' LITTLE BOYS!! And how many little boys suffered???? I am sick of the idol worship that gets us all crazy in protecting our so-called heroes!!

Well I hope he made it right with God before he died. Because he sho' didn't do right by all those boys!!

Read: Sandusky Grand Jury Report « CBS Chicago

Joe Paterno Admits He Did Not Know How to Handle Sex Allegation - ABC News

Right on! Paterno was no hero in my book. If he cared about those kids, he would've done more than he did.

For those who are asking "why didn't the boys speak up" obviously have never been a victim of child abuse. Its not that easy. Believe me on that.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
I don't think we all know the whole story..The real wrongdoer is Sanduski...as with most abuse, it goes untold, unreported due to the shame, fear and so on that comes with it...when Joe was told, maybe he should have done more, maybe he took the easy road by letting others handle it but what would we have done? Who knows what he was told by Pennstate? Maybe he really believed they'd do the right thing...we weren't there...

WE KNOW MORE THAN ENOUGH!!

And by Paterno's own damning admission, he knew this Sanduski was a predator. But continued to pass by this scum in the hall way and do nothing on the knowledge he was given! He probably drank a few beers with him over the years....just think about that for a minute.

I weep for the little boys who had their innocence and manhood ripped from them! This pisses me off!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:10 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
KIDS WERE VIOLATED AND HE KNEW ABOUT IT!

That's how!

Oildog is talking about Paterno "before" all this went down. If Joe had done more than he did, NOBODY could have touched Joe!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:52 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
of course lives were totally ruined because of the abuse done by that creep....I'm not trying to minimize that one bit...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
WE KNOW MORE THAN ENOUGH!!

And by Paterno's own damning admission, he knew this Sanduski was a predator. But continued to pass by this scum in the hall way and do nothing on the knowledge he was given! He probably drank a few beers with him over the years....just think about that for a minute.

I weep for the little boys who had their innocence and manhood ripped from them! This pisses me off!
That's right, he just kept interacting with this guy like no big deal. How can you ignore what this predator did?! Paterno didn't want to rock the boat and/or didn't care enough about what happened. Shameful.

I think death was kind of an out for him, like when people who commit crimes die before doing much prison time.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Pretty naive statement.

Easy to can an old man (and really everyone involved) when you have child molestation charges blanketing the program.
Can you demonstrate the kind of power you say he had? Otherwise, all I see is speculation and a rush to judgement against Paterno. The guy people should be focused on is McQueary who did not stop a rape in progress, if his story is true. Paterno reported it as he was supposed to. If he had this "power" then why wasn't it taken care of back then. All of the evidence seems to show that he did not have this "power" that you say he had.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
KIDS WERE VIOLATED AND HE KNEW ABOUT IT!

That's how!

Oildog is talking about Paterno "before" all this went down. If Joe had done more than he did, NOBODY could have touched Joe!
He reported it and nothing was done. No evidence of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities