Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,573,123 times

Advertisements

I don't have a dog in the fight but it just seems to me that Paterno followed the chain of command he was supposed to in reporting. Shultz and Curley were more directly responsible for the task, hence why they have been charged. How do we know what was said behind closed doors? I would assume Paterno and many others should have known Sandusky was a full blown pedophile. So many people dropped the ball so to speak. It does put a rather skeevy connotation now on boys and sports and such --the whole butt slap thing --don't know how that originated. Sandusky will be the poster boy I think.

To me the cops are the ones that should have done much more when it was practically staring them in the face and then there is Sandusky's wife who really needed to question why her husband was playing pajama party alone with boys at night in the basement and taking them to hotel rooms alone and those long car rides and adopting 5 little boys and living next to a playground.....

I know many of these kids are reported to have been disadvantaged but it would also seem like their parents should have at least known for the last 20 years a guy wanting to spend that much alone time with their darlings was a bit of a red flag!

And what the hell happened to the missing prosecutor who didn't bring charges?!

I wonder who will play the characters in the Lifetime movie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,493,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I don't have a dog in the fight but it just seems to me that Paterno followed the chain of command he was supposed to in reporting. Shultz and Curley were more directly responsible for the task, hence why they have been charged. How do we know what was said behind closed doors? I would assume Paterno and many others should have known Sandusky was a full blown pedophile. So many people dropped the ball so to speak. It does put a rather skeevy connotation now on boys and sports and such --the whole butt slap thing --don't know how that originated. Sandusky will be the poster boy I think.

To me the cops are the ones that should have done much more when it was practically staring them in the face and then there is Sandusky's wife who really needed to question why her husband was playing pajama party alone with boys at night in the basement and taking them to hotel rooms alone and those long car rides and adopting 5 little boys and living next to a playground.....

I know many of these kids are reported to have been disadvantaged but it would also seem like their parents should have at least known for the last 20 years a guy wanting to spend that much alone time with their darlings was a bit of a red flag!

And what the hell happened to the missing prosecutor who didn't bring charges?!

I wonder who will play the characters in the Lifetime movie?
The bare minimum!! Something that heinous is reported to you and you don't even follow up???

Teen Girl Get's Brutally Beaten While 3 Security Guards Watch!!! - YouTube

Ya see, the guards in that video did what they were suppose to do, according to procedure!! They were not to engage.....just report!!

YOU FOLLOWING ME HERE???

BUT THERE'S NOT A PERSON WITH A "SOUL" THAT CAN LOOK AT THIS AND NOT SAY, " WHAT CRAP ARE THOSE 3 GUARDS DOING JUST STANDING THERE!!!"

They should have stopped this!! They could have stopped it!! Those guards are Joe Paw!!! He could have pursued this!! Boys were being raped for years after his non-action!! Joe was well respected at that time! A friggin' legend! If he had pushed for at LEAST, an investigation, at the bare minimum the Duski would have been put on NOTICE that he is being watched!! And some other boys would not have been raped, by that scum! You know he saw Duski around town at social gatherings! And it did not bother him!!

This was wrong!! You are responsible for the things you know!! Joe had knowledge!

Last edited by citizenkane2; 01-24-2012 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-24-2012, 06:29 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,328,437 times
I agree Citizen! This guy didn't do the right thing. He is morally corrupt in my opinion! Any person in their right mind would have gone to the authorities. God forbid I SAW someone molesting/raping a child! You better believe I would be calling the authorities! All of his accomplishments and dignity are NULL and VOID since he had the power to STOP the monster from ruining other lives! He COVERED IT UP and had no conscience! This idiot could have saved all the kids who got abused in later years! Absolutely not one bit of sympathy for this piece of garbage. I couldn't imagine someone who thinks that this bum didn't do anything wrong! My kids would never be allowed near people like this!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,573,123 times
Apparently many in the community were sweeping "it* under the carpet for many years, so there were many guilty parties not just Paterno. Still the legal authorities and DA should have taken the bull by the horns, but they seemingly wanted to protect the image as well.

It's a crying shame but hopefully something will be learned from it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities