Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM

119 posts, read 99,613 times

Advertisements

I should have said, "anything wrong with the original post" besides the fact that OP considers Mary J. to be held accountable as a role model.
Just saying....... :O
I know some of you get it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 03:48 PM

308 posts, read 896,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romila View Post
I mean what kind of example is she, to kids and teenagers.
last time I checked, this is EXACTLY what the kids and teenagers do - smoke, drink, and have sex.

I don't know about your generation, but every boy I ever knew was ashamed to admit he was a virgin already at 12. that was nearly 20 years ago...

Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM

119 posts, read 99,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrOrange View Post
last time I checked, this is EXACTLY what the kids and teenagers do - smoke, drink, and have sex.

I don't know about your generation, but every boy I ever knew was ashamed to admit he was a virgin already at 12. that was nearly 20 years ago...

That is true however, I was thinking more along the lines of sp./gram., which unfortunately labels us as much as anything else in this world.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:19 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
I think she's so trashy. It's not her responsiblity to be a role model for kids, but she's always walking around looking like a hot mess with everything she has hanging out. Some of her earlier songs were okay, however I heard a song on the radio by her a few weeks ago where she was just saying "cake" over and over again. My ears! I had to turn it. Not to mention that whole Chris Brown thing where she turned out be cool with him beating the crap out of her.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
One of the things I don't get about Rhianna is people are always like she has X amount of #1 hits but the majority of those songs are other artists songs where she was just featured. Like the Eminem song Love the way you lie...she sings the chorus...is there a hook? Or a bridge? I don't know the techinal term but all I can recall from what I heard of the song is her singing the chorus...same with all the songs with her and drake.

She's just boring to me

Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
The music video for "We found love" showed the drugs and boozing and other unsavory behaviors to set up their "hopeless place". They found love despite being in a moral wasteland with no future. I don't see how you can complain when the music video is set up to show you what not to do?

Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,801 times
Rihanna is a train wreck and accident and disaster waiting to happen at any moment. Someone like her can only remain relevant and on top for only so long. Give her 3 to 5 more years, and she'll probably be in rehab or at the bottom of the music industry.

It happens to a lot of celebs.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
One of the things I don't get about Rhianna is people are always like she has X amount of #1 hits but the majority of those songs are other artists songs where she was just featured. Like the Eminem song Love the way you lie...she sings the chorus...is there a hook? Or a bridge? I don't know the techinal term but all I can recall from what I heard of the song is her singing the chorus...same with all the songs with her and drake.

She's just boring to me
Rihanna's songs aren't even hard to sing. She doesn't even write her own music.

Some people even compare Rihanna to Mariah Carey. Smh, it's ridiculous

I'm like WTF, why would you compare Rihanna to MC?? Mariah Carey writes, composes, and produces ALL of her own songs and she has written for other artists and peoples as well and she has had her own record labels and been a record exec. I'm like how can Rihanna be compared to Mariah Carey.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I don't understand why SHE has to be a role model for OUR kids.
She's an artist---a singer or whatever.
It's not her job to raise your kids.

You ever think maybe just maybe she doesn't care about your kids well-being?
And why should she???
I don't care about her one way or the other, but I know something's wrong when we say things like "what kind of example is this celeb setting for the kids".
Her job is to sell records, not keep your kids off drugs.
...that's what your for.
Thank you! Amen! Well stated and I wish people would realize this!

Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,599 times
What's unfortunate is I actually liked her when she first came out. Now she's rude to her fans, damaged her voice, and acts like a wh*** for successful singles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities