Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 03:47 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,787,683 times

Advertisements

R.I.P Whitney. Your music will forever be with us.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:48 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,821,742 times
I thought it was a good funeral. A lot of great performers and clergy. For someone of that stature four hours is not excessive.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:55 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,897,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
It would have been a disgrace NOT to lower the flag for Ms. Houston. As another poster said, it was lowered for other celebrities. So she deserved it as well, definitely.
Slightly off-topic, the funeral. Had I known her, I couldn't have survived that (the funeral) without some medication. I saw some of the funeral footage. It was beautiful, emotional, and a wonderful tribute to a lovely, gifted, unique lady.
I agree. I will really miss her. But we have her records and movies.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,625,925 times
News reports that ex-husband, Bobby Brown, arrived for the services with approximately 9 others. Whitney's family had given him an invitation for himself and two others. When seating next to his daughter was not available, nor for the extra six people, he left the services.

The man is a slug.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:33 PM

2,757 posts, read 3,990,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
News reports that ex-husband, Bobby Brown, arrived for the services with approximately 9 others. Whitney's family had given him an invitation for himself and two others. When seating next to his daughter was not available, nor for the extra six people, he left the services.

The man is a slug.
The man had absolutely no class. He should have told the extra 6 hangers-on to go away, that he had to be there for his daughter.
Instead, he left.

Now I wonder if he just couldn't face the funeral, and used the lack of seats as an excuse?

Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,332,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post

The man is a slug.
Bobby Brown is a disgrace. I have always thought that. He is definitely a slug. Just a classless, drug infested loser. How disrespectful to leave his ex-wife's service like that.. Some people only think it's about them and them only. RIP Whitney. I didn't expect a 4 hr. funeral either. What a spiritual, moving service. Very uplifting...for the family who needed it. I felt sorry for her mom. They are burying her at the cemetery tomorrow since it was getting too dark out for the cemetery.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:50 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,323,891 times
I didn't understand the Winan (sp?) clergy in the red/black robe talking and telling funnies for so much time. Maybe it's a cultural/ethnic thing, but I thought that was strange and disrespectful....after all, this isn't a performance about him, it's about Whitney. When he finally got to the Whitney part, I thought it was fine. The "expressions" of the others seemed very personal and heartfelt.

But yeah, 4 hours, that nurse kept walking around taking people in and out and attending to others. that was different from the funerals I have been to...

May she RIP. I always admired her so much. This is so sad for her mother and especially her daughter....

Old 02-18-2012, 04:58 PM

88,195 posts, read 84,046,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I thought it was a good funeral. A lot of great performers and clergy. For someone of that stature four hours is not excessive.
I can't believe I watched the whole thing. I just put it on at the start to check it out and never turned it off. Very inspirational, very moving. I just cried at the end when they picked up the casket and started walking up the aisle and you heard Whitney's voice:

"If I Should stay
I would only be in your way
So I'll go
But I know
I'll think of you every step of
the way..."

Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,450,659 times
Whitney went home in style. My people showed the world how we celebrate and send our loved ones home.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,897,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
The man had absolutely no class. He should have told the extra 6 hangers-on to go away, that he had to be there for his daughter.
Instead, he left.

Now I wonder if he just couldn't face the funeral, and used the lack of seats as an excuse?
If that is true then he SUCKS. Lower than scum. I was willing to give the man some chance at redemption with this. I thought he would show up, sit with his daughter and perhaps get up and say a kind word about his departed wife. And maybe let the daughter know he was there for her. But I guess that was expecting too much. It is pretty bad when R Kelley and Kayne West show more class than YOU Bobby Brown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities