Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,187,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
Oh how cute your verbal usage is. You sound like you are still stuck in middle school. My point was why can't people show some empathy, compassion and RESPECT for Bobbi and her family during a terribly difficult time by not being so gullible to believe every rumor on the internet.
How would you like it if it were your daughter, mother or sister?

Grow up.
1) My mother's death would not make the news, 2) Who cares what we say here? We are ramdom, annonymous people "meeting" together collectively to post about what interests us. I would bet that our comments are quite tame compared to other forums out in cyberspace. Do you patrol them too??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
i was not being mean I really thought she lost he tooth .... I am not the only one Guillian fom ET said others thought the same until she had some black lady reporter confirm the tooth was not missing and BK has what we african americas call "a over sized gap aka beauty gap: that is common of Africa" a . sheeshhhhhhhh
Thank you, SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
Other posters from NJ have expressed the same sentiments regarding the bond we feel for the Houston family too. I'm trying to analyze, process and articulate this feeling. MQ's posts have pointed me in what I think is the right direction. Perhaps it is because we all know and have lived in the same towns and walked on the same streets as Whitney did. We watched her since she was known as Cissy's Houston's skinny, shy and incredibly pretty daughter, who on her beauty alone made it onto the cover of 17 magazine then shot like a meteorite into a gorgeous woman and rise to the peak of stardom with that celestial voice. I think it's more than that though. Thanks for both your posts and making me think about this.

If I misunderstood you then I stand corrected and apologize. But you see how these rumors and comments can spread - you heard it from some media sources then repeat it on the net and it snowballs into something else which could get spread to the streets which could potentially hurt some people who are already hurting badly. It's easy to quote these "insiders" and media types and I am sure I have done this too at some point. It's kind of like the old telephone game we played in grade school where the teacher whispers into one student's ear then has them repeat it to the person sitting behind them, goes through the entire class and the message at the end was completly different from the original. Does this make sense?
I think you need to apologie to me too for calling me ignorant for saying it was a trait.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:47 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
LOL, omg. I can believe you thought her gap was a missing tooth.

Parents should have gotten her braces though.

Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, singing on Twitter - YouTube

THE GAP is huge

Old 02-22-2012, 05:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

yeah seriously, that's what I thought,

She is cute, the gap in her teeth look awful. As a parent I absolutely would have had my child get braces to fix the gap. It is ugly, and looks like the dental duty was neglected.
What is wrong with people?

She has a gap teeth (diastema).

Madonna has it. David Letterman has it. Lauren Hutton has it. Numerous top models have it. Are these people neglecting their dental duty, as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I think you need to apologie to me too for calling me ignorant for saying it was a trait.
Umm, you were incorrect in stating that diastema (gap teeth) was predominantly a trait of African Americans. How does that require an apology?

Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think a lot of the younger generation has no idea who Whitney Houston really was--they only recognize her from supermarket tabloids showing her at her worst.
Which is why every time I go to any kind of place where they have an open mic one of the "younger generation" is trying to sing her songs. And not to make it a racial thing but Waiting To Exhale is STILL very popular among African-American women of all ages and so is the Preacher's Wife so if they don't know her for her music then they know her movies.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What is wrong with people?

She has a gap teeth (diastema).

Madonna has it. David Letterman has it. Lauren Hutton has it. Numerous top models have it. Are these people neglecting their dental duty, as well?

Umm, you were incorrect in stating that diastema (gap teeth) was predominantly a trait of African Americans. How does that require an apology?

I know what it is, it is ugly. I think because we all know they have millions, you would have thought the mother would have had her teeth corrected, it is possible to do.
To me as a parent it looks like dental neglect.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I know what it is, it is ugly. I think because we all know they have millions, you would have thought the mother would have had her teeth corrected, it is possible to do.
To me as a parent it looks like dental neglect.
Every one does not view our "differences" as things that NEED to be fixed.

There is beauty in imperfection. Supermodel Cindy Crawford was told several times by different modeling agencies to have her (now) trademark mole removed. Was this dermatology neglect? Claudia Schiffer has buck teeth. Was this dental "neglect?"

Old 02-22-2012, 11:16 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,356 times
Just because it's ugly to you doesn't mean she or her parents feel the same way. Bobbi Kristina might even like her gap. And who cares if she looks like her father? She's going to look like him with or without the gap.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:02 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,036 times
she can't sing

Old 02-23-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Every one does not view our "differences" as things that NEED to be fixed.

There is beauty in imperfection. Supermodel Cindy Crawford was told several times by different modeling agencies to have her (now) trademark mole removed. Was this dermatology neglect? Claudia Schiffer has buck teeth. Was this dental "neglect?"

Yes, i also think moles on the face are ugly and should be removed. i think Cindy Crawford's should have been removed long ago, to me, it is ugly.

JMO, which is worthless, I know.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
Just because it's ugly to you doesn't mean she or her parents feel the same way. Bobbi Kristina might even like her gap. And who cares if she looks like her father? She's going to look like him with or without the gap.

yes, I know.
but there is a gap, and then there is a tooth missing. I think because her gap is very big it make it look like she is missing a tooth.

Oh, BTW when i was a teen I had a small gap also, and as i got older it closed somehow, go figure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities