Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM

19,595 posts, read 20,036,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Because he's from Boston and everyone and everything from Boston are a-holes. Bobby Brown, Ben Affleck, the Red Sox, Patriots (Brady is cool though 'cause he's a California guy), baked beans, cream pie, Matt Damon, Dane Cook, the Celtics, Ted Kennedy, Farina from the Little Rascals is a Bostonite but he was cool.

lmfao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 03:44 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,049,021 times
Because people think he is the reason Whitney got heavy into drugs, but truth is Whitney was already doing drugs prior to hooking up with him [Babyface confirmed this]

Whitney had her own demons, but it was easier for fans and the public to place blame on Bobby. I'm sorry, but it can't be just any coincident that not only her, but both her brothers were druggies.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,296,695 times
A woman always follows a man. Yes, she was grown adult but Bobby Brown showed her the bad side of life and she took it like a fool in love. I wish that she was smarter by choosing a better boy (he is not a man). I am still in shock!

Old 02-25-2012, 05:42 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,296,695 times
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post
Bobby Brown has been clean for six years.
Yeah that's why his lip droops and he slurs like drunken idiot...wake up Dorothy!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,805,157 times
I actually like BB now he's been on a couple of reality shows and he seemed like a decent guy. Like a lot of people I thought he was going to be an azz but to my surprise he wasnt. I can't speak for how he was when he was younger or married to Whitney.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:40 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,476,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Beside a very sub par solo career
Why so much Hate?

Bobby keeps it real in this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EskVu1jHCEQ
Disregard title of youtube video it's wrong
Discuss!
I like Bobby and New Edition. I think the dislike comes because many didnt want him with Whitney Houston. He was never really apologetic to white media either. Every time he got into some trouble white media felt he own them an explanation. Black media (BET-JET-Ebony) always left him and Whitney be. I think we will learn a ton about Bobby Brown in the New Edition Story hitting TV this month. Its a long awaited series many fans have been wanting to see for a very long time. Bobby Brown seem way humble nowadays vs how he was in the mid 90s.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:56 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,476,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Beside a very sub par solo career
Why so much Hate?

Bobby keeps it real in this interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EskVu1jHCEQ
Disregard title of youtube video it's wrong

Discuss!
1 he is black
2 Whitney was a great singer and many fans need someone to blame
3 Bobby Brown used drugs (so have many other acts but see point 1)
4 Clive Davis's friends in the media did what they were paid\asked to do.

I dont hate the man, I do wish he never married Whitney. America wanted Whitney with someone like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. Many think\though Bobby Brown was too urban for Whitney Houston. If you can control the media you can control the narrative. The Bobby Brown Story was pretty good.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:04 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,814,649 times
When Bobby was young, he was very cocky and erratic. Anyone like that will have many detractors.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:00 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,716,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Because people think he is the reason Whitney got heavy into drugs, but truth is Whitney was already doing drugs prior to hooking up with him [Babyface confirmed this]

Whitney had her own demons, but it was easier for fans and the public to place blame on Bobby. I'm sorry, but it can't be just any coincident that not only her, but both her brothers were druggies.

True. Her own family confirmed that they saw her using drugs, including coke, on her 16th birthday.

Some people simply want to blame BB, but the truth is, she'd already seen "the darker side of life" long before Bobby Brown came along.

Old 10-16-2018, 03:12 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,501,050 times
We all have demons, especially celebrities. Bobby has his faults. I just try to appreciate the artist and the art form. He can sing and dance and that's what I appreciate him for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities