Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing that you people won't like this site: Findadeath - Celebrity Deaths

Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I'm guessing that you people won't like this site: Findadeath - Celebrity Deaths
Interesting site--but you know what made me suspicious? The picture of Whitney's house in Mendham with snow on the driveway and in the grass. Didn't look right to me. It has barely snowed in New Jersey this winter, so I thought that was a fake picture, but I went back and checked and lo and behold, some parts of NJ got some snow on February 11th. I didn't, but I'm a little further south and closer to the ocean.

So, I give it a

Edit: Even cooler, if you click on Mr. Goodbar, you get Roseann Quinn, the schoolteacher whose murder was the inspiration for the movie with the candy-bar name.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
It's the lowest of the low, especially if it was her family or friend.

very good point... since the family is hustling quick to action her stuff next month and preparing to sell dvd's of her funeral. I am SURE they had camera's in there to watch and monitor everyone so I am sure its a inside job and it may be a close family member.

I know one thing Steve Wonder is innocent.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
very good point... since the family is hustling quick to action her stuff next month and preparing to sell dvd's of her funeral. I am SURE they had camera's in there to watch and monitor everyone so I am sure its a inside job and it may be a close family member.

That's what he WANTS you to think...

Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
This situation is so sad but I couldn't help laughing at this!!!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 AM

288 posts, read 283,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
True. She was in the spotlight forever....I have to go look closer when I see it on the newsstands! But sad, anything for the almighty dollar! I don't think BB was at the wake/only at the funeral for "a few minutes" since he had a tizzy fit and left because his croonies couldn't be seated.

True about MJ!! That was so sad with him lying there on a slab.
LOL, why do you call them croonies? They were his children lol..

Old 02-24-2012, 02:25 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Enquiring minds want to know!! THat is an all-time LOW to do this. Was it family/friends or staff at the funeral home? I knew this would happen! Pretty morbid if you ask me! Didn't waste much time. Someone wanted to cash in!

National Enquirer Posts Picture Of Whitney Houston’s Dead Body
1. This isn't even remotely an all-time low for them. I think stalking people coming from chemotherapy (Swayze etc.) to get pictures of them looking like dog crap is lower.

2. Smart money it was a family member or acquaintance out for 50k.

3. The people buying these types of magazines are just as much to blame as anyone else.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:27 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Keep in mind, the family may have sold the photo themselves to pay for the funeral etc. I think their financial situaiton is pretty dire and she isn't remotely as wealthy as people think.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:29 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,385,615 times
I remember a photo of Bob Hope coming out of the hospital after having pneumonia at age 100. Gee, he didn't look too good. Imagine that.
No wonder many celebs retire out of the public eye, never mind that they can enjoy their financial success however they want. What a brutal business. I really feel for people with genuine talent, who give so much to our lives (my untalented life) and have to put up with this junk. Those who are only famous for being famous, well, the whole thing is absurd.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Keep in mind, the family may have sold the photo themselves to pay for the funeral etc. I think their financial situaiton is pretty dire and she isn't remotely as wealthy as people think.
These people aren't exactly poor. They certainly could pay for a funeral, and if nothing else, I'm sure all those high-powered celebs at the funeral would have kicked in. Tyler Perry had her body flown back to Jersey in his private plane, for example.

I'm sure Whitney did blow through a lot of her money, but her records are still selling, especially in the past two weeks.

There seems to be some misconception (not necessarily here, but in other places I've seen) that Whitney came out of poverty and the ghetto. She grew up in a middle-class neighborhood in East Orange, NJ, and went to a private school. Her mother is a well-known gospel singer, and she now lives in Edgewater, NJ, on the Hudson across from Manhattan, hardly a shabby town. Her father was in the music business, too.

But--since we're on the subject of family here--I wondered why neither of Whitney's brothers have been heard from. A sister-in-law spoke at the funeral, but you never see or hear her actual brothers (Though I think they were sitting with the mother/daughter.) I found some forums on websites that claim they are both druggies and hinting also that Whitney was probably using with them way back when. Could just be gossip, of course. This IS the Internet.

Another thing I wonder about--sometimes Cissy Houston is referred to as Dr. Emily "Cissy" Houston. Doctor of what? Does she have a Ph.d? Anyone know?

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 02-24-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities