U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 AM

3,768 posts, read 3,940,139 times
No. But I strongly believe Beyond will be. She is working on that.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM

12,136 posts, read 11,338,046 times
Diana Ross
patti labelle
Galdys Knight

see where i am going with this.

Rihanna, nah, in about 9 years she will have of faded away into the abyss, if even that long

Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM

3,051 posts, read 1,879,359 times
I can kinda see the Britney comparison honestly. Though Britney was known for her dancing/performance capabilities back in the day (as well as her looks) but other than that they are similar. So I guess I can see Rihanna being as much of a "legend" as Britney.

Then again, does Rihanna have a song/video as iconic as "Hit Me Baby One More Time" turned out to be? All I can think of is "Umbrella" and while that was a big hit, it wasn't a cultural touchtone or anything.

As for Beyonce, I do feel like she already has that icon thing sewn up. She could not sell another record from here on out and its hard to imagine her fading out of people's memories. Between Crazy In Love, Single Ladies and the whole Destiny's Child drama I think she's set.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,078,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
People will remember her as the battered girl that was tossed out of a car when chris brown got mad and chris brown will be remembered as a woman ebater.
If that was true they would have done that before the last 2 platinum albums she's had since that time. I think the proof is in Rihanna has been on top for 7 years. What female artist has been around that long in the 2000's that faded away? That happened with 80's artist but not now.

Also Chris Brown had a huge album Fame since then so I think most fans have looked at their music not their personal lives. Chris Brown has another album Fortune that will be coming out as well. That will be a hit as well since the single is on the Billboard Top 100.I have no personal respect for what Chris Brown did but we are talking about their music.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 PM

7,274 posts, read 7,355,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
If that was true they would have done that before the last 2 platinum albums she's had since that time. I think the proof is in Rihanna has been on top for 7 years. What female artist has been around that long in the 2000's that faded away? That happened with 80's artist but not now.

Also Chris Brown had a huge album Fame since then so I think most fans have looked at their music not their personal lives. Chris Brown has another album Fortune that will be coming out as well. That will be a hit as well since the single is on the Billboard Top 100.I have no personal respect for what Chris Brown did but we are talking about their music.

Where are all the threads saying "We miss whitney Houston, she was an amazing vocalist". There arent any, only threads about whitneys drug problems.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM

877 posts, read 854,083 times
No, i don't think she'll be legendary. She'll probably be known as another Mariah Carey (minus the voice). No one talks about MC that much anymore.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM

12,136 posts, read 11,338,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I can kinda see the Britney comparison honestly. Though Britney was known for her dancing/performance capabilities back in the day (as well as her looks) but other than that they are similar. So I guess I can see Rihanna being as much of a "legend" as Britney.

Then again, does Rihanna have a song/video as iconic as "Hit Me Baby One More Time" turned out to be? All I can think of is "Umbrella" and while that was a big hit, it wasn't a cultural touchtone or anything.

As for Beyonce, I do feel like she already has that icon thing sewn up. She could not sell another record from here on out and its hard to imagine her fading out of people's memories. Between Crazy In Love, Single Ladies and the whole Destiny's Child drama I think she's set.

The thing Beyonce has is that, she is likeable.

I don't find Rihanna likeable at all.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM

3,768 posts, read 3,940,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
No. But I strongly believe Beyond will be. She is working on that.

Jeez, I meant Beyonce.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM

16,750 posts, read 9,203,858 times
As a Bajan, I like Rihanna, but the girl cannot sing. I hope she makes the transition to movies soon while she still has her youthful looks.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:44 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,078,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Where are all the threads saying "We miss whitney Houston, she was an amazing vocalist". There arent any, only threads about whitneys drug problems.
It doesn't matter what all the threads say on here. We are just 0.01% of the population(just a guess). If you look at all the magazines, TV specials to include Oprah, BET, VH1, 20/20, MTV ETC. You will see that most people considered Whitney a legend. If you watched the Grammy and saw the tribute, that explains it. Most singers don't get that the day after their death yet alone anytime after their death. Most celebrities don't get their funeral aired for 4 hours on CNN and other major networks. So yes, Whitney is a legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities