Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 896 times

Advertisements

I don't think people realize that there's always someone to take your spot. No one stays on top forever. Rihanna is almost 30 and I'm pretty sure there will be someone younger to take her spot. Her fans are delusional if they think she will be around 10 years from now. There's always someone waiting to take your spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Simple answer...............NOPE

Old 04-30-2015, 10:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Nice looking young lady slightly above average talent, will she be an icon like Diana Ross or Aretha Franklin?..................I repeat NOPE

Old 05-05-2015, 03:38 AM

9 posts, read 6,751 times
No way. I give her five years at the most. Her music isn't really extraordinary, nor is she. She's just a product of good marketing.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:47 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I don't like all of Rihanna's music but I think she has a shot at becoming legendary. She has the same if not more popularity than Britney Spears had when she first came out. Rihanna has sold out concerts around the world, millions of album sales in which every one has been platinum. She stays on the scene.

I consider Beyonce legendary. Right now, Rihanna is more popluar than Beyonce. If you look at her Billboard album sales, iTune sales, gross in concerts etc. you will find that she beats MOST females in her league in pop music in the past 3-5 years. Adele is the only one that has her beat but not many people knew Adele when her album 19 came out and Rihanna has been around way longer than the 19 album. The only pop star who is neck and neck with Rihanna right now is Katy Perry who is her BFF.

Legendary is not based on opinion but the artist career, awards and fan base. Some people don't consider Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston legendary but those are opinions not based on the huge success on their career.

I don't consider Britney Spears a legend but based on her popularity and the MTV award she received for being a legend in the music industry, my opinion is just that.
Britney spears was the first to bring in the bubble-gum pop era her and Christina Aguilera brought in that genre back in the Mid-late 90's early 00's same with the resurgence of boy bands killing off the grunge era of music which with the end of grunge bands/artists being mainstream and the end of hip-hip/Rap's Golden era.

I guess growing up in the NWA. Ice cube Nirvana, AIC and 80's early 90's Rap/Grunge/Rock era has made me jaded and old and not a big fan of modern artists since it is generational thing where their is a disconnect between my generation and the millennial generation.

But I tend to find the Mid-late 90's killed off artists that actually had talent that were not premade in a studio to be mainstream and just produce top-40 hits that follow the rest of the popular music trends of the time but back then original artists that wrote and performed their own material could still get airplay.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Wow. I love all her songs whether she wrote them or not.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:49 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
She is a black Brittney Spears in terms of talent.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:54 PM

797 posts, read 1,749,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
she's breaking a lot of music records with so many no. 1s. do you think she will have longetivity in the music industry or fade away?
She'll be gone in another 5 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities