U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:36 PM

12,411 posts, read 15,945,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Not trying to nitpick here, but her arms really aren't muscular...they are very bony in a way that is not typical for a person of her age. Her elbow joints are quite pronounced in some of the pictures. Heck my sister in law is quite thin and her arms don't even look like that...and she is a good twenty years older than AJ.
If you took away the puffy lips, she would have an entirely different look, and it ain't purty.

I'm not sure if she shaves her hairline, either. Some do, I'm told.

Is there a malady/name for a collector of children? At least she can afford them, which is more than you can say for some.

Last edited by goldengrain; 03-25-2012 at 03:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I didn't say that she was attention seeking because of her weight.

However, she has made plenty of choices that at some point she's had to know would bring her attention, including hooking up with people like Billy Bob Thornton when he was in a supposedly committed relationship with Laura Dern, then basically doing the same thing all over again with Brad Pitt.
A really committed man will not be swayed by another woman. I blame them much more than her. They were the ones in a relationship, they pledged to another, not AJ.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 PM

654 posts, read 879,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
A really committed man will not be swayed by another woman. I blame them much more than her. They were the ones in a relationship, they pledged to another, not AJ.
I really didn't make the comment in a way to assign blame, more that she made choices(as did Brad Pitt), in a way that would bring more public scrutiny.

That being said, I feel people do get sick of the media pushing her and Brad Pitt at us constantly as if they are some sort of supercouple.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,126,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I think it always has been acceptable to say things about people being too thin. Not that it is right, just that it just seems to be acceptable behavior. My sister used to hear all the time about how 'skinny' she was, and she thought was a double standard, because we can't go up to big people and say, wow, you are so FAT! Angelina Jolie is thin, for sure, but if she was anorexic, I think it would be really noticable in her face because of her bone structure.
One of my coworkers told me "I hate you because you're thin, you skinny b****" last night (and I'm really not, I'm quite average). If I'd said "I hate you because you're overweight, you fat b***" I would've been nailed to the wall!

I thought that was a rude and hateful thing to say!

Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
One of my coworkers told me "I hate you because you're thin, you skinny b****" last night (and I'm really not, I'm quite average). If I'd said "I hate you because you're overweight, you fat b***" I would've been nailed to the wall!

I thought that was a rude and hateful thing to say!
Can you somehow maneuver to be in a work environment with professionals? Don't sink to the level of people around you. You probably know that already.

I know we are all ganging up on AJ, but that's part of the 'perks' of her chosen career. I would not criticize someone whom I actually knew in such a manner and I think most of us here feel similarly.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,152,634 times
She needs to eat asap. She looks disgusting gross. I couldn't imagine looking down on her naked...Ewwwwwww

Old 03-27-2012, 01:42 PM

15,711 posts, read 22,777,568 times
Quote:

However, she has made plenty of choices that at some point she's had to know would bring her attention, including hooking up with people like Billy Bob Thornton when he was in a supposedly committed relationship with Laura Dern, then basically doing the same thing all over again with Brad Pitt.
Jolie did Laura Dern a favor.

As for Brad Pitt, He was in a committed relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow when he hooked up with Jennifer Aniston.

After Aniston and Pitt were married, I remember reading an interview Aniston did with a reputable publisher (not a gossip rag), they asked her if 'Brad Pitt were the love of her life', she replied 'she didn't know'.

So, if Aniston wants to play poor me over Jolie taking her husband, maybe she should think back to that interview. Now he is the love of someones life.

Last edited by virgode; 03-27-2012 at 01:57 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Jolie did Laura Dern a favor.

As for Brad Pitt, He was in a committed relationship with Gwyneth Paltrow when he hooked up with Jennifer Aniston.

After Aniston and Pitt were married, I remember reading an interview Aniston did with a reputable publisher (not a gossip rag), they asked her if 'Brad Pitt were the love of her life', she replied 'she didn't know'.

So, if Aniston wants to play poor me over Jolie taking her husband, maybe she should think back to that interview. Now he is the love of someones life.
My point in making the remark was about who is right or wrong, more about Jolie making choices that put her in the spotlight.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM

15,711 posts, read 22,777,568 times
Quote:
My point in making the remark was about who is right or wrong, more about Jolie making choices that put her in the spotlight.
Her choice to make movies put her in the spotlight or she'd just be any other women who took someones husband.

And from the comment in Anistons interview, she couldn't have been happy in her marriage and that was long before Pitt left Aniston for Jolie.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Her choice to make movies put her in the spotlight or she'd just be any other women who took someones husband.

And from the comment in Anistons interview, she couldn't have been happy in her marriage and that was long before Pitt left Aniston for Jolie.
Yes...My point was more responding to someone else that Angelina Jolie makes choices that put her in the spotlight, and some of her stranger choices get her more negative attention.

There are other actors/actresses that don't behave quite as strangely as she does.

This whole thread basically started as a result of how she looked and acted on Oscar night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities