U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM

15,727 posts, read 22,792,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Yes...My point was more responding to someone else that Angelina Jolie makes choices that put her in the spotlight, and some of her stranger choices get her more negative attention.

There are other actors/actresses that don't behave quite as strangely as she does.

This whole thread basically started as a result of how she looked and acted on Oscar night.
I don't think she looked or acted strange on Oscar nite, but someone will make it so. Cut these people a break.

Shes thin, they have 6 kids. Perhaps shes vegan, IDK. If you look at photos of Brad, other than Oscar nite, hes looking old. I guess raising a family and working hard will do that to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,954,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Her choice to make movies put her in the spotlight or she'd just be any other women who took someones husband.

And from the comment in Anistons interview, she couldn't have been happy in her marriage and that was long before Pitt left Aniston for Jolie.
Gee, I know I'm repeating myself, but nobody can take someone's husband. The husband is the one who pledged loyalty (if he did) and HE broke the agreement. I am thinking if he is inclined not to honor his contracts or if that particular marriage just wasn't working for him he would have eventually done it with someone.

I don't blame a single woman so much for thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, it is human nature. I think, if you live long enough you get a better perspective on where the grass is greener.

'Took someone's husband', like they stole my piece of cake. As though the husband is some money making, sexy, entertaining toy that someone robbed.

I don't know. I guess that terminology makes me upset. You rarely hear men saying 'he stole my wife'. Often the men blame the wife. Sometimes situations just go bad, but certainly the errant spouse is deserving of being dumped on more than the other party.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 AM

654 posts, read 879,586 times
Quote:
I don't think she looked or acted strange on Oscar nite, but someone will make it so. Cut these people a break.

Shes thin, they have 6 kids. Perhaps shes vegan, IDK. If you look at photos of Brad, other than Oscar nite, hes looking old. I guess raising a family and working hard will do that to you.
Well virgode....many many people thought she looked strange on Oscar night, whether it be the leg thing or the arms that look like they belong to a thin sickly 60 year old.

I think how someone looks/acts at a public event is fair game.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM

8 posts, read 7,791 times
Quote:

She's thin and she did an awkward pose on stage. I guess that's pretty much the news item on the year. And yes, the devotion to talking about "what's wrong with Angelina Jolie" or any other celebrity we've never met is ridiculous and shallow.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,385,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietr View Post
She's thin and she did an awkward pose on stage. I guess that's pretty much the news item on the year. And yes, the devotion to talking about "what's wrong with Angelina Jolie" or any other celebrity we've never met is ridiculous and shallow.
and yet--here you are

Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 PM

12,848 posts, read 24,501,273 times
I read that the "leg thing" was a poke at Brad Pitt and George Clooney, who was there with current girlfriend who is famous for her very long legs, and supposedly Brad and George joke with her about it.
Still, I thought that wasn't the time or place.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:13 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,385,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I read that the "leg thing" was a poke at Brad Pitt and George Clooney, who was there with current girlfriend who is famous for her very long legs, and supposedly Brad and George joke with her about it.
Still, I thought that wasn't the time or place.
I read an interview with A. Jolie and she said she didn't notice she was doing anything unusual Yea....right

Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Well virgode....many many people thought she looked strange on Oscar night, whether it be the leg thing or the arms that look like they belong to a thin sickly 60 year old.

I think how someone looks/acts at a public event is fair game.
Could be the photo angle.

Hey whatever, just added my 2 cents on the topic.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Gee, I know I'm repeating myself, but nobody can take someone's husband. The husband is the one who pledged loyalty (if he did) and HE broke the agreement. I am thinking if he is inclined not to honor his contracts or if that particular marriage just wasn't working for him he would have eventually done it with someone.

I don't blame a single woman so much for thinking the grass is greener elsewhere, it is human nature. I think, if you live long enough you get a better perspective on where the grass is greener.

'Took someone's husband', like they stole my piece of cake. As though the husband is some money making, sexy, entertaining toy that someone robbed.

I don't know. I guess that terminology makes me upset. You rarely hear men saying 'he stole my wife'. Often the men blame the wife. Sometimes situations just go bad, but certainly the errant spouse is deserving of being dumped on more than the other party.
I would have thought about breaking the agreement too after reading her interview. Although its not the same, he was in a committed relationship when Jenn got him. I guess thats karma.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietr View Post
I hate on Bravos Housewives...I only have so much to spread around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities