Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:03 PM

18,626 posts, read 33,198,289 times

Advertisements

By "stunning," I think the angles of her face and her eyes (color and placement) are just very pleasing. Also, her weird lips are natural- I saw an A&E bio of her, and childhood photos show that puffy look. Her father had the same look, and her bio kids seem to, also.
I saw interviews with her where she seemed down to earth and carried herself well. This was well after the goth/silly days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,774,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
By "stunning," I think the angles of her face and her eyes (color and placement) are just very pleasing. Also, her weird lips are natural- I saw an A&E bio of her, and childhood photos show that puffy look. Her father had the same look, and her bio kids seem to, also.
I saw interviews with her where she seemed down to earth and carried herself well. This was well after the goth/silly days.
I really can't say that I agree with you but that's alright. I don't like any qualities of her face...or even body (decided to throw that in there since everyone seems to think she's the hottest thing around).

However, I guess I could agree that she carries herself well, which is a very fine trait.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:55 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,766,592 times
She's not attractive anymore, and she's weird

Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM

18,364 posts, read 31,451,857 times
I don't find anything attractive about her. Not one thing.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM

19,601 posts, read 20,046,650 times
Quote:
This was well after the goth/silly days.
I thought she was more likable then, honestly.

The Brad/Jen love triangle did not suit her at all. I think that is one of the worst things about the Hollywood scheme, they cast people together in order to create more drama. I believe they do this on purpose, too.

Angelina Jolie was a very free spirit, she was potentially a threat to Hollywood "normalcy", so they took her down...and look at her now.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,240,888 times
I don't really think it's Hollywood that took her down that much. She is not that good of an actress, and some of her macabre behavior was merely shock treatment (I mean, what other reason could there possibly be to french kiss your brother on stage?) She simply grew up when she took the venture into riskier land when she became a Goodwill Ambassador to Third World Countries. To me she has that rather haunted look of having spent time seeing the ugly side of the world that many of us have not.

In other words, what she's become has been her own choice.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM

In one interview, she very directly spoke about the absurdity of making the kind of money Hollywood people do for *what* they do, and having seen how the other one-third lives in squalor and misery. She does go back and forth between the worlds and it would be disquieting to anyone from an affluent life, never mind the weirdness of celebrity affluent life.
Yes, I think she did grow up out of the public weirdness and narcissism, apparently when she went to Cambodia to make a film and adopted her son. However, I do remember feeling annoyed that she said, after adopting, that now she "knows what it is to be a woman." Like non-mothers don't know.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,725,977 times
Quote:
In one interview, she very directly spoke about the absurdity of making the kind of money Hollywood people do for *what* they do, and having seen how the other one-third lives in squalor and misery. She does go back and forth between the worlds and it would be disquieting to anyone from an affluent life, never mind the weirdness of celebrity affluent life.
Yes, I think she did grow up out of the public weirdness and narcissism, apparently when she went to Cambodia to make a film and adopted her son. However, I do remember feeling annoyed that she said, after adopting, that now she "knows what it is to be a woman." Like non-mothers don't know.

she seems to have no trouble living the opulent life with the absurd money. She seems quite the hypocrit to me.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:14 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,158,646 times
Somehow I find her really irritating and she's only and adequate actress...but...I think she's gorgeous. Except for one thing that always bothers me and sort of ruins. She has sort of a grey complexion. Like her facial skin is so fine that the blood underneath makes her skin look gray. In some pictures with the make up and lights she looks pretty healthy but in lots of others you see it. Bugs me a lot. Plus her lips, which are full and I like that, are rather coarsely textured which I think detracts a little. Still overall, I'd rather look like her than what I got.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:51 PM

Rich people live opulent lives, rarely do they live in a hut somewhere. She and other rich celebs do give a fair amount of money to their charitable interests. Other celebs (and trustfund babies) have fur and diamond toilet seats and all sorts of egoistic money sucks and give nothing. I don't think anyone is obligated to give anything, no matter how rich, but I wonder at their state of evolution as people if they don't want to make something happen other than their own adornment and stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities