Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM

254 posts, read 211,371 times

Advertisements

Goodbye Davy.
My favorite Monkees song=Daydream Believer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 01:16 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
While other girl's had Donny Osmond on their ceiling, I had Davy Jones!!
I had Donny Osmond photos, but I should have had Davy Jones instead because ... BETTER MUSIC!!!

Sirius Radio was doing a tribute on the 60's station yesterday and having listeners call in who had met him. I was crying in the car. He was part of the soundtrack of my Sixties childhood.

R.I.P. Davy.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:49 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,354 times
I find it ironic that a couple months ago I watched an episode of the monkees on a retro channel (it had been years) and during the closing credits/For Pete's Sake ..just listening to those lyrics, the message, and this was so long ago-I was touched. The sixties were special and Davy Jones and the Monkees highly contributed to it

Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Sad deal. A class act.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:28 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,313 times
It is hard to believe David is gone, I will be watching the Monkees DVDs in David's memory this weekend

Old 03-01-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLL View Post
The sixties were special and Davy Jones and the Monkees highly contributed to it.
I've always been so glad I was born in time to live in the Sixties, even though it was as a child. The music was so optimistic and the fashion so colorful.

There was something in the air then that no decade since has had.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
If anyone is interested there are two really good documentaries on tomorrow (Friday). I saw both a few months ago and the first one covers the entire evolution of The Monkees. From the time they were created up until the time they finally were allowed to prove themselves extemely talented musicians in their own right. The second one is totally about Davy and his rise to fame. I highly recommend them.

Quote:
Bio Channel will air two hour-long specials about Jones:
7 p.m.: "Biography: The Monkees"--The story of the celebrated band is told by those whose careers and lives were impacted by the phenomenon. Brought together as fictional characters intended to be the subject of a scripted TV series, the Monkees formed a real and successful musical touring act. Despite their brief TV career, the group prevailed with a long legacy of chart topping hits. This is the story of four actors who were turned into musicians by a Hollywood production office and evolved into a pop music phenomenon.

8 p.m.: "BIO Remembers: Davy Jones"--The name Davy Jones will forever conjure up images of the immensely popular teen heartthrob from the Monkees. Monkeemania was in full force in the late '60s, and it was most often Davy's face that lined the bedroom walls of teenage girls throughout the world. The Monkees have gone on and grown up, but in the eyes of women everywhere, Davy will always be the cute singer and tambourine player. Over the past few decades, he kept his singing and acting career alive, appearing in both theatrical productions and solo concerts around the world.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,191,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Agreed. It was tremendously creative period. Daring thoughts, big dreams, great music.

"We're doing things that don't even have names yet..." Jefferson Airplane

Old 03-02-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Agreed. It was tremendously creative period. Daring thoughts, big dreams, great music.

"We're doing things that don't even have names yet..." Jefferson Airplane
A to the MEN!

I feel sorry for young people who just write off that decade. I saw a comment on a news story the other day and the commenter listed all the backward social problems that they thought existed in the Fifties and Sixties. They said they could not have dealt with it.

They didn't grasp that they owe today's more tolerant atmosphere to the Sixties, or have a clue how inspiring it was. Nor do they know how apathetic people are now compared to then.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 AM

858 posts, read 1,145,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I've always been so glad I was born in time to live in the Sixties, even though it was as a child. The music was so optimistic and the fashion so colorful.

Indeed I would have no issues re-living that decade!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities