U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,578,686 times

Advertisements

Wow...I'm speechless right now.

RIP Mr. Frid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM

12,252 posts, read 17,113,741 times
Now...this one hurts! Way sadder than Dick Clark's passing!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Wow, what a blow! Jonathan Frid was an incredible actor. His portayal of Barnabas was legendary. He was a fine example of a person of great character, depth, passion, quiet power, class, and integrity. His portrayal of Barnabas riviled that of Shaka by Henry Cele in the movie "Shaka Zulu."

I consider Frid one of the greatest character actors of all time, a great man who captivated millions and spanned generations. Like the parting of Dick Clark, the world has been lessened somewhat by Frid's passing.

Stunningly sad news! May he rest in peace. I will forever cherish his work.
Don't worry...in true Dark Shadows fashion...he'll come back to life...and bite some female on the neck!

(Also in true Dark Shadows fashion...he died on April 13th...and it was only announced today...April 19th! They might have thought he was just sleeping?)

Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Wow, does this take me back.

Dark Shadows started the summer after my freshman year in college. I was home for the summer and for the very first time I was watching a soap opera on TV. I could not wait for it to come on. In the autumn I made sure not to schedule any classes during the time that the show was on.

Mr. Frid was perfect in the role of Barnabas Collins. So spooky but classy, too.

RIP
I quit track in 10th grade...because it was cutting into my Dark Shadows time! True story.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:54 PM

13,660 posts, read 8,247,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Wow- I'll have to call my oldest Sister - she had a serious crush on Mr. Frid as a teenager! She was faithfully there at 4pm every day to watch Dark Shadows!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I had a crush on David Henesy.
I had a crush on both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Now...this one hurts! Way sadder than Dick Clark's passing!
No, not sadder but equal to...

RIP Johnathan Frid. You certainly gave us good memories of most of our first soap opera! Thank you.

So he died on Friday the 13th, huhn? How appropriate. Sorry but I have to lol at the "sleeping" comment.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You certainly gave us good memories of most of our first soap opera! Thank you.
First and only for me. Dark Shadows was the only acceptable soap opera for boys to watch!

Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Lara Parker ...what a dirty girl!

Old 04-19-2012, 04:22 PM

13,601 posts, read 10,705,208 times
Sad to hear. He made a great vampire. I loved Dark Shadows.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:18 PM

13,660 posts, read 8,247,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Sad to hear. He made a great vampire. I loved Dark Shadows.
From the commercials I've seen, I think Mr. Frid would have LHAO at Johhny Depp's portrayal of Barnabus. I know I sure do.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
From the commercials I've seen, I think Mr. Frid would have LHAO at Johhny Depp's portrayal of Barnabus. I know I sure do.
Agreed...looks like Dark Shadows meets Disneyland.

Something about the campy filming...and it was sort of advanced in live TV filming at the time in regards to special effects...made it all the more scarier and beliveable. I can still hear the creepy (yet beautiful) theme music that introduced and finshed each ep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities