U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times

Advertisements

what are you talking about? He's as involved with Scientology now as he ever was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Maybe because it would indicate that he has a sexual interest in men and that is still a big no-no in Hollywood?

I could be totally wrong but the thought has crossed my mind that this might be a smear campaign by the Church of Scientology, of which John Travolta is a member. They're famous for pulling these kind of practices with people who want to leave the religion or speak badly about it (called "suppressive persons"). From Wikipedia:

Also consider the policy of Fair Game:
Of course I have no proof for this so it's just speculation but I just find it a bit strange to see all of these people coming out of the woodworks now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,216,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
what are you talking about? He's as involved with Scientology now as he ever was.
As I said, it's just speculation. I could be totally wrong about this. Anyway, we have no way of knowing just how involved with Scientology he currently is. Maybe he has privately voiced criticism about the religion, maybe he has indicated he wanted out, I don't know. I did read several reports a few months ago that Travolta and his wife were considering leaving the Church but I don't know how accurate they are. I found a news report of 2 years ago that says the same thing:

Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
As I said, it's just speculation. I could be totally wrong about this. Anyway, we have no way of knowing just how involved with Scientology he currently is. Maybe he has privately voiced criticism about the religion, maybe he has indicated he wanted out, I don't know. I did read several reports a few months ago that Travolta and his wife were considering leaving the Church but I don't know how accurate they are. I found a news report of 2 years ago that says the same thing:

I just recently read an interview with Kelly Preston,saying is was her Scientology belief that got her through her son's death. They live within like a half hour flight to a major Scientology Center in Florida and John T has said he flys there every day he's home.
Only person more involved or at least equal to his and Kelly's contributions to this religion are Tom Cruise and Katie.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:56 AM

36,434 posts, read 41,608,566 times
There have been rumors for many many years that Travolta is gay. I even saw a picture of his kissing a guy-said to be his son's nanny- while on the steps on an airplane. It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. He has done some great movie work and when I see an actor on any screen i don't sit and wonder "What does he do in his bedroom?". It really is a non issue to me.

Frankly I'm surprised nobody has tried to publicly blackmail or extort him before this and for all we know it has happened before privately and he finally had a belly full and made it public by refusing to pay. more power to him if that is the case.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:56 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,545,114 times
More smoke/fire....It's time for Travolta to come out of the closet. People will still love him, either way.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 PM

4,891 posts, read 8,976,550 times

Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 PM

StaggerLee22, I almost choked on a cough drop laughing at your animated critter!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:40 PM

3,359 posts, read 6,344,187 times
I think the animation is stupid, and adds nothing to the conversation...

Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM

15,226 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Oh well, Johnny boy is in trouble.

I am not a fan of him, never was.

I find it odd that his son died, and then they had another baby right after. Something about that didn't sit right .

Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM

13,819 posts, read 24,545,114 times
Eww...eww...eww...eww...gayin' alive...gayin' alive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities