Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,430,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I doubt it.

Seeing as how she was an exploited child herself, I tend to think that she would move heaven and earth to make sure her own child wasn't used like that.
Most of them don't...it ususally continues through generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,323,157 times
Default Good for her

She may make a fine parent, but I don't think it should automatically be assumed that she's going to be an unfit parent just because of her past. She has put on quite a bit of weight over the years and was never really attractive, but at one time she had the body of an Olympic skater. It took a lot of hard work, sacrifice, and perseverance for her to achieve that level even if her character flaws led to her demise. She may make a great mother. Who knows? Maybe her life is more stable now?

I'm not a fan, but I wish her and the kid the best.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,224,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
She may make a fine parent, but I don't think it should automatically be assumed that she's going to be an unfit parent just because of her past. She has put on quite a bit of weight over the years and was never really attractive, but at one time she had the body of an Olympic skater. It took a lot of hard work, sacrifice, and perseverance for her to achieve that level even if her character flaws led to her demise. She may make a great mother. Who knows? Maybe her life is more stable now?

I'm not a fan, but I wish her and the kid the best.
She actually did put on a lot of weight, and every time I would see her around, she had on tight black Carharts - not particularly flattering to a "full figure."

She did wait a long time to become a mother, which is probably far better than if she had become one ten or twelve years earlier. I'd like to think the wait was worth it and that she's better equipped now for motherhood.

I'm not quite sure why some here have such negativity towards her. She did some dumb stuff, but so did I. In fact, the very night she got HER DUI, I was having my own issues a few miles away (no DUI - but something dumb). And I happen to think I'm a pretty good mom - at least, that's what my kids tell me.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:25 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,150,328 times
I think what happen took place many years ago, and she should be given a second chance. She has apologized many times over and I'm willing to bet, she has grown up a lot.

A baby changes everything - especially your own - she'll be ok.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:53 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,430,605 times
OK...I just hope she teaches her baby daughter to become the best Olympic Figure Skater...and right before she performs on The World Stage in the Olympics, the boyfriend of the second best figure skated knocks her out of competition by temporarily crippling her.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 AM

14,727 posts, read 33,289,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Correct. She's the classic inbred-looking Portland white trash chick. Sorry.

What was even more sickening is that, when the 1994 pre-Olympic scandal broke out, billboards could be seen in the city which supported her. I guess "water seeks its own level."

I wonder how long her marriage will last? And what she might someday throw at her husband? Another hubcap would be too trite. She needs to come up with something new.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,224,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Correct. She's the classic inbred-looking Portland white trash chick. Sorry.

What was even more sickening is that, when the 1994 pre-Olympic scandal broke out, billboards could be seen in the city which supported her. I guess "water seeks its own level."
WOW! What a hateful thing to say - not just about Tonya Harding but about an entire city!

It must suck to be you and to be filled with such negativity and hate.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:47 AM

72 posts, read 100,279 times
Listen....what she did was a long time ago, and by some of the comments I've been reading....it sounds like some of the posters have never made a mistake or had regrets when they were younger. Listen it was a long time ago and hopefully she's matured and she's able to be a good parent and I wish her all the best

Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,308,159 times
I bet we all have done some stuff that wasn't cool in our past, maybe not to that level but still...we should let her be and not be hateful towards her, it serves no purpose.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,566,068 times
If her character (and that of the dad) have improved to the point where she'd make a good parent, then I have no problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities