U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2012, 09:20 PM

2,490 posts, read 1,196,369 times
I think she looks good for 53... she was never a beautiful woman but she was sexy.... Well maybe trashy, lol.

So she's still the same trashy looking... Although it is a little desperate at her age.

I liked her tattoo though...
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 PM

6,629 posts, read 5,479,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
she was never a beautiful woman but she was sexy.... Well maybe trashy, lol.
There ya go.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 PM

578 posts, read 390,345 times
Celebrities will do just about any thing to not fade away. Sad really. And for how many more years can she be 52???? People I know graduated high school with her. They are 55.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 PM

2,854 posts, read 1,949,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You've obviously never been to Turkey. The average woman on the street dresses like your average American women on the job and looks much sexier than Madonna currently does.
That's what I'm saying This is a more accurate depiction of Turkish women:

I'm sure Madonna chose Turkey as a location to pull this stunt to be extra shocking though, just like she displayed nazi symbols when she was performing in Israel. It's a cheap and easy way to grab attention.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:08 AM

474 posts, read 123,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Thank you for finding the exact quote that I was referencing in my earlier post. Believe it or not, Madonna's concerts and her albums were well worth the price at a certain time. The tickets to her Blonde Ambition tour (1990) were only $38. Her Newsweek comment just cemented what I already thought about Madonna taking advantage/screwwing her gay fans.
Honey, that was in 1990, of course they were way cheaper than these days.
Its funny how you say "screwing her gays fans" as if they were the only fans she has. Have you been to one of her shows ? the majority of the people that fill those huge stadiums arent all gay. What you are saying makes no sense.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
That's what I'm saying This is a more accurate depiction of Turkish women:

I'm sure Madonna chose Turkey as a location to pull this stunt to be extra shocking though, just like she displayed nazi symbols when she was performing in Israel. It's a cheap and easy way to grab attention.
The nazi symbols are part of an interlude video that she used in Israel, Abu Dhabi, Turkey and she will use in every upcoming show. She didnt use it just in one city.

Last edited by Marce30; 06-12-2012 at 01:22 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
She might still be popular with some, but not with me anymore. Her narcissism is just too much.
Im sure she is really sad because you dont like her anymore...

Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 AM

12,136 posts, read 11,325,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I was as big of a madonna fan as anyone. But I pretty much detest her now for her Marie antoniette-like attitude and ripping off of gay people, her most loyal fan base. She knows that her "faggs" will buy them. For years, she has charged concertgoers top dollar, but it has gotten beyond ridiculous in her most recent concerts!! She even bragged on Time magazine recently that her tickets were insanely expensive, and that all of us "peasants" "should start saving our money" to buy her tickets. It's that kind of attitude that I don't like. She has ripped off this gay man for too long. I'm tired of her constantly trying to outdo herself or gaga. On the Superbowl, she surrounded herself with lewd, trashy performers that thought nothing to give the fans "the finger" on a nationally televised "family" show.
I can hardly wait til she is performing at some gay dive piano bar with sagging tittties*, butt and "back elbows", where someone of her minimal talent rightfully belongs.

The other countries of the world will buy anything simply because it's american. Just look at the diminished talent (i don't want to see "has beens") that travels in all of the other countries. It's nothing special.

My 2 friends went to see her last tour. They said for the night (and it was a school night) it cost a small fortune, and she was an hour and a half late.

Late??? you have got to be kidding, that is un-acceptable. How does one be late for thier own concert?, that was done on purpose. That alone pissed me off.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:17 AM

25,260 posts, read 16,421,672 times
it's over for her and she just can't accept it so she will continue to provoke and try to get headlines. any attention for her is better than none. I think she could be doing so much more with her life than embarrassing herself and her family.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 AM

2,854 posts, read 1,949,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Honey, that was in 1990, of course they were way cheaper than these days.
Its funny how you say "screwing her gays fans" as if they were the only fans she has. Have you been to one of her shows ? the majority of the people that fill those huge stadiums arent all gay. What you are saying makes no sense.
I understand that you are a Madonna fan (your 'location' kinda gives that away) but do you really think that Madonna is treating her fans right? I think it's disgraceful for her to say her fans should "work all year and scrape the money together" just so they can afford her overpriced tickets. If she truly cared about her fans, she would want all of them to be able to see her show. Not everyone has the means to spend $300,- on entertainment for one night. Michael Jackson was an even bigger star than her and he spent millions of his own dollars on his shows and he demanded that the ticket prices were reasonable so that his fans could afford to buy them. He gave away hundreds of tickets to underprivilaged people for every concert and even donated his proceeds of a whole tour (which amounts to millions of dollars) to charity. I respect that because it shows he appreciated his fans and didn't just see them as ATMs. I don't get that same feeling with Madonna. She seems to approach her career more like a business and just wants to make as much money as possible. She's been very successful at it, I'll give her that, but she doesn't deserve all the praise she gets as an artist imo. Even these attempts at being shocking and controversial all come down to money; she needs the attention in order to stay commercially marketable.

Another example of Madonna being unappreciative towards her fans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
The nazi symbols are part of an interlude video that she used in Israel, Abu Dhabi, Turkey and she will use in every upcoming show. She didnt use it just in one city.
I understand that but I just think it shows a great level of insensitivity on Madonna's part. She could have cut that bit out when she's performing in front of a (mostly) Jewish audience. Besides, I don't think politicians should be labeled nazis even if I don't agree with their views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities