U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,860,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I forgot to add...Juliette Lewis.

Seriously...what is the attraction?
Ever since I saw her in the movie The Other Sister where she played a retard I cannot for the life of me shake that image from my mind every time Iíve seen her since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 09:18 PM

23,725 posts, read 16,028,523 times
There are many that I probably already listed on previous threads, but here goes...

Drew Barrymore
Kate Hudson
Ben Affleck
Jennifer Lopez
John Cusack
Hugh Grant
Adma Sandler
Jim Carrey
Will Ferrel
Gwyneth Paltrow
Penelope Cruz
Melanie Griffith
Patricia Arquette

...for starters.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-24-2012 at 09:27 PM..

Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 PM

23,725 posts, read 16,028,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberroseMI View Post
Jennifer Lopez is beautiful damn it But I know she does benefit a lot from having great make-up artists and hair stylists, as do most women who can afford them or just afford expensive make-up.

I agree about Cameron Diaz though, when she smiles she looks like this: lol It's frightening.
Lopez is beautiful in your eyes and opinion...she is far from beautiful when compared to real beauty. She looks like a monkey and there are way prettier women just walking on the streets of NYC.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,377,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Ever since I saw her in the movie The Other Sister where she played a retard I cannot for the life of me shake that image from my mind every time Iíve seen her since.
actually it seemed playing that part wasn't much of a stretch. I actually enjoyed her in it because I thought ,"finally--an appropriate vehicle for her!!"

Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,860,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
actually it seemed playing that part wasn't much of a stretch. I actually enjoyed her in it because I thought ,"finally--an appropriate vehicle for her!!"
My sentiments exactly. After that movie I will never be able to take her seriously in any other role as IMO sheís still playing variations of that retarded part, perhaps closer to her actual true, non acting, self.

I just watched a brief clip of that movie on youtube and sheís at some public event and starts barking at dogs in a cage and then gets up and lets them outÖ Didnít look like she was acting to me.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,103,990 times
I, too, am at a loss to understand how unattractive/mediocre talents get to where they are. Do you think when it isn't a case of nepotism, could it be the casting couch? Even then, come on, there are still plenty of talented and/or better looking actors and actresses out there. What gives here? Just what is going on that I don't understand?

My solution: I turn off the set or avoid films until I hear from friends they are worth spending the time and cash to see.
You gotta figure, when infomercials are more entertaining than most television, something is very wrong.

Last edited by katnip kid; 07-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: add

Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM

51,299 posts, read 50,558,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Lopez is beautiful in your eyes and opinion...she is far from beautiful when compared to real beauty. She looks like a monkey and there are way prettier women just walking on the streets of NYC.

You guys are brutal and I am laughing.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:38 PM

51,299 posts, read 50,558,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I forgot to add...Juliette Lewis.

Seriously...what is the attraction?
I couldn't figure out who this was, so I just did a Google Image search.

Isn't this the chick who was chewing on Robert De Niro's finger in Cape Fear?

Old 07-25-2012, 01:42 PM

6,774 posts, read 6,860,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Yes, that scene was so ridiculous.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,163,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Ewwwww....I had forgotten about that! Poor Bobby! I must go bleach my mental images now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities