U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:25 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,429,681 times

Advertisements

agree with all everyone has stated.
My list would be shorter to type of those I do respect for their work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 AM

17,698 posts, read 34,935,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I have never watched WFerrell in any movie and never will...
No kidding! He is not funny ... I don't get why he's so popular.

I know his time has come and gone, but I never understood why Dane Cook had such a burst of popularity. Not funny, not talented.

Kristin Stewart was great in Panic Room, but now her dead eye look is stupid.

I liked Cameron Diaz in Being John Malkovich, but otherwise, I don't get how she has a career.

Sharon Stone, one crotch shot and she thinks she's Meryl Streep.

Julia Roberts

Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,047,155 times
In Lindsey Lohan's defense, she showed great acting talent potential when she was a kid playing twins in a remake comedy movie. Her British accent was very good for one so young. If she could ever become clean and sober again perhaps she could reinvent her career and acting talent like Robert Downey Jr. did. What is Dane Cook famous for? I happened to catch him on Comedy Central when he was doing stand-up comedy. Most boring comedian I've ever seen and yet some in the audience acted like they were on laughing gas,...perhaps they'd just gotten high on some good weed. I'd rather ugly, plain, and or average looking actors and actresses who act great than models trying to act (which applies to at least half of Hollywood). If you're a young guy looking to get into acting it seems you must have a 6 pack abs, kicking body, and access to a hair gel factory. If you're a young lady looking to get into acting it seems you must have breast implants, cutting board flat stomach, and bleach blond hair (regardless of your hair's natural color). It would be fantastic if there were young people with such bodies who also had acting chops like Cathy Bates, Meryl Streep, Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, William H. Macy, and F. Murry Abraham for example. I'm sure there are more actors and actresses who actually can act than the ones I labeled above.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 AM

5,517 posts, read 8,792,135 times
The two Ive always wondered about were

1. Julia Roberts
2. Catherine Zeta Jones

Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 AM

17,698 posts, read 34,935,692 times
I remember an episode of some acting show where they asked this accomplished actor what it is about today's young actors that troubles him ... he said that unlike actors of his generation (Pacino, Matthau, Lemmon, Bogart, etc), today's actors, DeCaprio, Wahlberg, Spacey etc, you can't do imitations of them because they are boring.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 AM

42,339 posts, read 50,037,653 times
Never understood the whole Brad Pitt thing. He looks like he has the mumps and I heard he rarely showers.

Also Matthew McConnaughy...every time I see his leering, tool-ass face, I want to slap it.

Scarlett Jo...why? She's not even that good looking...? What's the deal there?

Old 06-22-2012, 11:54 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,938,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
No kidding! He is not funny ... I don't get why he's so popular.

I know his time has come and gone, but I never understood why Dane Cook had such a burst of popularity. Not funny, not talented.

Kristin Stewart was great in Panic Room, but now her dead eye look is stupid.

I liked Cameron Diaz in Being John Malkovich, but otherwise, I don't get how she has a career.

Sharon Stone, one crotch shot and she thinks she's Meryl Streep.

Julia Roberts
I was just thinking that I liked Dane Cook in Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner. Have you seen it? I suppose anyone could have played that part, but I did enjoy the quirkiness of the movie.

And I agree with you on Sharon Stone...so wanted to like her in the beginning but she was in the cheesiest movies...then, you nailed it, one "oh my" shot and she got very popular. What I don't understand now though is that she is hardly ever in any movies but still acts like a diva. I guess image is everything...as long as you think you're awesome, what else matters?

I do like some of the other actors/actresses mentioned but in selected roles. I've grown wary of the over hype, but then there will be a great part and I enjoy it...try not to let the hype get in the way.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,373,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Never understood the whole Brad Pitt thing. He looks like he has the mumps and I heard he rarely showers.

Also Matthew McConnaughy...every time I see his leering, tool-ass face, I want to slap it.

Scarlett Jo...why? She's not even that good looking...? What's the deal there?
Maybe he thinks he smells like roses even after not showering for a week!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,373,254 times
I agree with most that've been listed.

One that hasn't been listed is Sandra Bullock. She always plays the same types of characters, I find her kind of irritating and I don't really see her as attractive at all.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:51 PM

15,247 posts, read 23,882,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Farrah was good in The Burning Bed. Don't forget Extremities!

yes, the burning bed was great,.

extremities, meh, neither here nor there.

Dont forget wasnt she also in the movie with Sam Elliot where he was this "drop dead of a hunk" doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities