U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 04:25 PM

944 posts, read 307,451 times
was she fired
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Status: "My Child is an Honor Student. My Governor is a Moron!" (set 1 hour ago)

25,452 posts, read 16,589,516 times
i will be going to charlie rose and gayle although i don't like that other woman there. might toggle between them and gma but i'm thru with today. seems old and stale and less energetic than the others.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:36 PM

15,508 posts, read 20,346,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
was she fired
Kind of...moved to another job since the ratings dropped and Matt didn't want her next to him...

She still get's her pay check of 10 million a year so we don't have to feel so sorry for her, but it is of course not easy to be in the lime lights and getting sent off...

Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 PM

2,597 posts, read 3,747,176 times
If NBC will pay me $10M a year, they can bring me on and 'fire' me as many times as they want.

Ann wasn't fired from NBC, but she was "fired" (in a sense) from The Today Show.

I'll try out CBS and see if I can handle it. If not that, then I guess it will be GMA. Today is fired from my morning programming! (I don't have cable, so CNN, etc. is not an option).

Old 07-01-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kind of...moved to another job since the ratings dropped and Matt didn't want her next to him...

She still get's her pay check of 10 million a year so we don't have to feel so sorry for her, but it is of course not easy to be in the lime lights and getting sent off...

what job does she have now?

Old 07-01-2012, 12:48 AM

2,597 posts, read 3,747,176 times
Lavender--

Read above several posts worth. All your questions have already been answered.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Lavender--

Read above several posts worth. All your questions have already been answered.

you typed all of this but could not just tell me.........OHHHHHH mYYY Gawd

any hoot. i just found this when i was reading todays paper. Her new jobs sounds much moe interesting, Fun etc plus she does not have to drag her azz out of bed every monday to friday to sit next to that pree ick with the moody mug. Her social life will be more enchanting instead of going to bed at 7pm or earlier. iF its the money she is upset about sorry but most people don't make 10 a year never mind a life time.

Ann Curry heads to California after tearful “Today” sign-off - NYPOST.com

Old 07-01-2012, 08:56 AM

9,436 posts, read 4,473,616 times
Quote:
you typed all of this but could not just tell me.........OHHHHHH mYYY Gawd

any hoot. i just found this when i was reading todays paper. Her new jobs sounds much moe interesting, Fun etc plus she does not have to drag her azz out of bed every monday to friday to sit next to that pree ick with the moody mug. Her social life will be more enchanting instead of going to bed at 7pm or earlier. iF its the money she is upset about sorry but most people don't make 10 a year never mind a life time.

Ann Curry heads to California after tearful “Today” sign-off - NYPOST.com

I'm going to agree with you on the sitting next to the moody mug thing. It was hard to watch her final moments on the show; she was obviously fired in front of all of America and could likely be cause the moody mug next to her didn't like her.

So - that's kinda hard to know that you are no longer wanted by your bosses, etc. OR that you are the cause of their show going downhill. Of course, she's taking the rap for THAT one.

BUT, as you say - she ends up with $10,000 million dollars and a great job. She'll be fine.

It always used to kill me when the today show hosts talked about how expensive things were and how they couldn't afford it; yet they make so much more than the average person.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM

17,214 posts, read 23,871,818 times
Shabby treatment of Ann Curry.

Meanwhile, Matt Lauer is full of himself. He wants a newbie on the show with him so he can be top banana, get top billing and earn top pay.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:08 PM

15,508 posts, read 20,346,341 times
Quote:
what job does she have now?
She can work with a team of her liking and travel where ever she wants to make a documentary and she will be going to the Olympics...so anybody feeling sorry for a woman who is making $ 10 million a year...wow

And btw she was the one making the statements what she is going to do next!

I agree with NBC to get her off the Today show...I was really happy when she took over although I thought Meredith was great and actually had expected Ann to be the host before Meredith was announced but I changed my view after seeing Ann being the host and I didn't like her biased approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities