U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 PM

9,903 posts, read 6,947,406 times

Advertisements

Nora Ephron, prolific author and screenwriter, dies at age 71 - The Washington Post

R.I.P.

I loved all her works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 07:42 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,500,981 times
Other than Silkwood I thought her work was kinda schmaltzy. Well, she had a good run, and interesting life. Good for her.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Other than Silkwood I thought her work was kinda schmaltzy. Well, she had a good run, and interesting life. Good for her.

I think this excerpt from the article speaks for itself:
As a woman in the male-dominated movie business, Ms. Ephron was a rare “triple-hyphenate” as writer, director and producer.

I loved ALL her work.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM

763 posts, read 993,751 times
I'm very sad at this. I didn't know she was ill. I just read "I Feel Bad About My Neck" and as usual felt uplifted and even a little bit empowered by her words.

I think Nora Ephron's work was imbued with sweetness and verve and wonderful humor. Her work was also profoundly yet approachably women-centric.

The movie world could use a little of the magic that was "Sleepless in Seattle" right about now.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 PM

28,114 posts, read 23,671,787 times
Wasn't really into her work, but she seemed like a very accomplished lady.
This is a sad day.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
I'm very sad at this. I didn't know she was ill. I just read "I Feel Bad About My Neck" and as usual felt uplifted and even a little bit empowered by her words.

I think Nora Ephron's work was imbued with sweetness and verve and wonderful humor. Her work was also profoundly yet approachably women-centric.

The movie world could use a little of the magic that was "Sleepless in Seattle" right about now.

she apparently kept very quiet and forged on once she got her diagnosis. She's been sick for 6 years.
so true.
She plowed her way through a man's world and made a huge dent.
Her movies were so great!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 PM

763 posts, read 993,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
she apparently kept very quiet and forged on once she got her diagnosis. She's been sick for 6 years.
so true.
She plowed her way through a man's world and made a huge dent.
Her movies were so great!!!
Agreed!

And her essays for Esquire and the New Yorker were so memorable.

I'm watching "When Harry Met Sally" in her honor.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Agreed!

And her essays for Esquire and the New Yorker were so memorable.

I'm watching "When Harry Met Sally" in her honor.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:17 AM

9,456 posts, read 4,639,815 times
Quote:

I read that too and her story made me laugh! She made something of her life and touched the lives of many people. RIP Nora Ephron.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:36 AM

2,369 posts, read 2,275,733 times
I'm a fan of her work too...she was so very talented. I didn't know until I heard it on the radio last week (or maybe I forgot) that she also wrote one of my favorite comedies, My Blue Heaven.

My Blue Heaven Trailer - IMDb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities