U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 08:55 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,289,737 times

Advertisements

If everyone would watch the video of Tom discussing Scientology, I think they would realize that he seems to be unbalanced. Also, he had his lawyer inform Kidmann that he wanted a divorce. She was three months pregnant at the time and later suffered a miscarriage. All of these facts can be verified with just a little research. He also has dated other women that ran for the hills when asked to be a part of Scientology. Hopefully, Tom will not marry again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 7,273,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Wow, all his marriages ended when the women were 33. Is this part of the Scientology?

All three of Tom Cruise's marriages ended when wife was 33 - TODAY Entertainment
Well maybe there's some demonic rising at work

33= two 3s = 6
33= two 3s = 6
33= two 3s = 6

whoooooooooooooooooooo!

Sorry, too much time on my hands. But yes, saw the end of this marriage coming, feel sad for all involved, wish them well.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,380,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Well maybe there's some demonic rising at work

33= two 3s = 6
33= two 3s = 6
33= two 3s = 6

whoooooooooooooooooooo!

Sorry, too much time on my hands. But yes, saw the end of this marriage coming, feel sad for all involved, wish them well.

hey, you may be on to something

Old 07-01-2012, 10:55 PM
pll

1,042 posts, read 2,093,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
If everyone would watch the video of Tom discussing Scientology, I think they would realize that he seems to be unbalanced. Also, he had his lawyer inform Kidmann that he wanted a divorce. She was three months pregnant at the time and later suffered a miscarriage. All of these facts can be verified with just a little research. He also has dated other women that ran for the hills when asked to be a part of Scientology. Hopefully, Tom will not marry again.
I watched that interview and you are right, he is very unbalanced. I had a very hard time trying to follow what he was saying. One minute in was very serious then he would break into a hysterical laugh and then get serious again. He is very passionate about his Scientology belief. Imo, I get the feeling that he thinks he's a mini God.

I'm a little concerned for Katie Holmes and her daughter. I hope she has a strong support system and some real good attorneys.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:36 AM

25,351 posts, read 37,507,217 times
I think you are exaggerating about the hole Scientology thing although I don't like anything that comes close to a cult thing...

Isn't it that it akes 2 adults to decide to get married and it is not one who is putting a gun to the others head...

It was both their choices to get married and they have to deal with that...even if Tom is over the top with this cult thing ...he never hide it...perhaps the first wife didn't know but the thers knew from the start and both were probably star struck and it helped their career...so I don't feel sorry for them.

Katie must have seen that interview too and still decide to stay with him or to marry him...and the 5 yr to wait for the divorce must be a calculated term

Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 AM

8,740 posts, read 6,178,266 times
scientology is a cult and a weird one at that..oh wait are there cults that are not weird? He's got some big shot title spot with them, I guess depending on how many millions you put into them, the better the title they bestow on you! It's all about money, power and Tommy boy needs a lot of it, so it seems....short people and their need to have big everything else! Oh sorry, didn't mean to insult any normal short people.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM

457 posts, read 511,588 times
Every religion is a cult!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 AM

4,119 posts, read 4,597,665 times
Scientology is a cult and maybe Katie felt she didn't want her daughter to be a part of it.Personally I think Tom is a nut job and I can't even watch his movies anymore.

I'm not sure why she married him in the first place.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 AM

11,584 posts, read 17,514,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Every religion is a cult!
Using a broad definition like that - the member of the citydata forum are a cult, your family is a cult, you and your coworkers belong to a cult.

No, I think it's clear what we are saying, using the common usage of the term "cult":

The Manson family is a cult, the Hindu faith is not.
Jim Jones led a cult, The Pope does not.

If that isn't clear to you, the differences, then you have other issues beyond the scope of this discussion. Is Scientology bizzare enough, "out there" enough, and controlling enough, to be labeled a cult? Well that is subject to argument, but it's a valid argument.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:59 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,222,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Using a broad definition like that - the member of the citydata forum are a cult, your family is a cult, you and your coworkers belong to a cult.

No, I think it's clear what we are saying, using the common usage of the term "cult":

The Manson family is a cult, the Hindu faith is not.
Jim Jones led a cult, The Pope does not.

If that isn't clear to you, the differences, then you have other issues beyond the scope of this discussion. Is Scientology bizzare enough, "out there" enough, and controlling enough, to be labeled a cult? Well that is subject to argument, but it's a valid argument.
Only Scientologists or people who don't know much about the 'religion' would say Scientology is not a cult. There's a reason it's not recognised as a religious or charitable organisation in many countries around the world (such as the UK, Canada, Russia, Germany, Mexico, France, just to name a few) and therefore isn't tax-exempt in these countries - which was all the 'Church' was after when it declared itself a religion. Their beliefs regarding mental illness and 'suppressive persons' are outright dangerous.

Read this:

Scientology controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or