Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Yeah Right!
Freedom from being held captive means more than any amount of money
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post

I have a hard time believing this after learning how Scientologists treat their former members or critics.
oh I'm sure the cult is watching her too.
Why would you disbelieve that she's hired her own security? Wouldn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM

455 posts, read 651,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Freedom from being held captive means more than any amount of money

oh I'm sure the cult is watching her too.
Why would you disbelieve that she's hired her own security? Wouldn't you?
You act like Katie was a prisoner at war. This lady lived in mansions, penthouses, travelled 1st class everywhere, had personal chefs, assistants, etc. Give me a break at "being held captive"!

Who told this idiot to marry Tom with his track record? Dumb broad!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:49 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,432,374 times
Quote:
You act like Katie was a prisoner at war. This lady lived in mansions, penthouses, travelled 1st class everywhere, had personal chefs, assistants, etc. Give me a break at "being held captive"!

Me thinks, a bird in golden cage, is still a bird in a cage.

I agree though, not like anyone forced her to marry that freakshow.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Quote:

I agree with you...we all knew that he was part of Scientology and he never kept that as a secret. She was start struck, married perhaps for the glamour and to boost her career. I'm not feeling one bit sorry for her.

What about all the people who have to think twice what to buy and what to leave in the store until they get their next pay check...if any pay check will come since this government has not been able to figure out to create jobs!

Katie is trying to get the public opinion in her corner but I guess she can get a lot of dirt from Tom's lawyers if she really wants to start this.

Did he hit her, abuse her in any way....by giving her a body guard does that mean she is held captive...Give me a break!

Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorce 2012: Skinny Katie can't hide her shrinking frame as Tom's lawyer accuses her of 'playing the media' | Mail Online

I guess she is trying to get more publicity!!!! Not sure if this is the publicity her lawyer will like....

Old 07-06-2012, 04:41 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,645,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with you...we all knew that he was part of Scientology and he never kept that as a secret. She was start struck, married perhaps for the glamour and to boost her career. I'm not feeling one bit sorry for her.

What about all the people who have to think twice what to buy and what to leave in the store until they get their next pay check...if any pay check will come since this government has not been able to figure out to create jobs!

Katie is trying to get the public opinion in her corner but I guess she can get a lot of dirt from Tom's lawyers if she really wants to start this.

Did he hit her, abuse her in any way....by giving her a body guard does that mean she is held captive...Give me a break!
If you understood Scientology and what they do to people like Katie, you might be a little more kind. She was young, star struck, and naive when she married Tom. It took her 5 years to get to this point.

Kudos to her for wanting a better life for herself and her daughter. A better life not being money and fame by the way. But being free to have your own beliefs and dreams to follow without persecution from radical nuts who follow and control your every move.

As someone who lost a family member to Scientology, you don't have any idea of what you speak.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
If you understood Scientology and what they do to people like Katie, you might be a little more kind. She was young, star struck, and naive when she married Tom. It took her 5 years to get to this point.

Kudos to her for wanting a better life for herself and her daughter. A better life not being money and fame by the way. But being free to have your own beliefs and dreams to follow without persecution from radical nuts who follow and control your every move.

As someone who lost a family member to Scientology, you don't have any idea of what you speak.

Amen!!! and that's a word Katie couldn't use
Those defending the cult's actions may be members of it or simply ignorant of the way the cult works.
Bless you Beth and all the others who lost loved ones to this cult.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:27 PM

18,042 posts, read 15,634,356 times
She played this exit strategy just right. According to numerous articles, her father helped get things ready for her (new staff, new security, new cell phones, new apartment). It's really a statement of how determined she was to get out of his and his $cientology minions clutches to covertly plan this thing for months.

She's got a lot of $$$ already, just from having access to accounts over the last 6 years. If she didn't get another dime from him she'd still be set for life.

As for the media storm, who knows if her PR folks are behind every article--I suspect some of it is just manufactured and some is not.

I can't imagine that T.C. will not have some custody rights with his daughter. If she can wrangle a legal deal in which he promises not to put Suri in $cientology school or in the church or expose her in any way to the "religion," then he stands a good chance of sharing custody. Not sure I'd trust him though; he's their top celeb and he has resources that go on and on. The interesting thing about this whole situation to me is that there didn't appear to be any negotiation or compromise with him. Always had to be his way or nothing. So she turned tables on him and took back control. I imagine he's feeling pretty humiliated, but he set himself up by being so controlling that his 3rd wife had to plan an escape.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:37 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorce 2012: Skinny Katie can't hide her shrinking frame as Tom's lawyer accuses her of 'playing the media' | Mail Online

I guess she is trying to get more publicity!!!! Not sure if this is the publicity her lawyer will like....
How exactly is Katie "playing the media" or trying to get publicity? As far as I know, she hasn't even released her own statement to the press yet. If anyone is playing the media, it's Tom and his lawyer as the article you posted shows. Frankly, I find your criticism of Katie in this thread rather bizarre. Instead of attributing all kinds of sinister motives to her, why don't you try to put yourself in her position for a second and do some research into the cult of Scientology and the potential impact it has on her daughter? Are you really that naive to think Tom discussed all of this with Katie before they got married? I'd be very surprised if he did because that would have probably scared her off. It's much more likely that Tom gradually introduced his religious beliefs into his family's life and that Katie didn't understand the extent to which he was brainwashed until much later. They got married and had a child together very early in the relationship, it was probably only after their relationship became more stable that Katie began to reflect on it more and realised that she didn't want to raise her daughter in this environment. I don't blame her one bit.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
She played this exit strategy just right. According to numerous articles, her father helped get things ready for her (new staff, new security, new cell phones, new apartment). It's really a statement of how determined she was to get out of his and his $cientology minions clutches to covertly plan this thing for months.

She's got a lot of $$$ already, just from having access to accounts over the last 6 years. If she didn't get another dime from him she'd still be set for life.

As for the media storm, who knows if her PR folks are behind every article--I suspect some of it is just manufactured and some is not.

I can't imagine that T.C. will not have some custody rights with his daughter. If she can wrangle a legal deal in which he promises not to put Suri in $cientology school or in the church or expose her in any way to the "religion," then he stands a good chance of sharing custody. Not sure I'd trust him though; he's their top celeb and he has resources that go on and on. The interesting thing about this whole situation to me is that there didn't appear to be any negotiation or compromise with him. Always had to be his way or nothing. So she turned tables on him and took back control. I imagine he's feeling pretty humiliated, but he set himself up by being so controlling that his 3rd wife had to plan an escape.
and how very telling and how very sad that she had to go to such lengths just to break free. How scared and lonely she must have felt leading up to that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities