U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 03:03 PM

21,614 posts, read 18,256,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
Wow. I just read the entire 26 page New Yorker article. Fascinating reading. Thanks for posting the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I too read the whole article. I am almost blind now with eye fatigue but it was worth it. I understand so much more now about why tom cruise and travolta and any other celerity can never come out. The church would make their lives so miserable and not worth living. very scary stuff. I think katie knows a lot and she too is afraid of the power of the church.
Me three. I had to go take a nap at page 16 but read the rest after my eyes were fresh again. Wow, I knew that Scientology was a cult but never knew anything about the inner workings. I'm stunned that they keep the celebrities seperated from the "little people" and those little people accept that as normal? I was stunned by most all of the article. I hope Katie can get away with Suri. I know I would never let Cruise take the girl on any unsupervised visits. Suri would be "Gone in 60 Seconds".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 05:12 PM

10,367 posts, read 12,497,338 times
Default Tom Cruise.

Is nuts. Nuff said.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,666,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Me three. I had to go take a nap at page 16 but read the rest after my eyes were fresh again. Wow, I knew that Scientology was a cult but never knew anything about the inner workings. I'm stunned that they keep the celebrities seperated from the "little people" and those little people accept that as normal? I was stunned by most all of the article. I hope Katie can get away with Suri. I know I would never let Cruise take the girl on any unsupervised visits. Suri would be "Gone in 60 Seconds".
I would never be part of any cult...I guess I have too much common sense, but for Katie NOW to come up with this defense is BS to me and it is probably just for the money or she would have left him before the 5 yr anniversary...I bet there was a pay day at 5 yrs just as the bigger one would be at the 10 yr mark.

I don't like her and she must come up with a better excuse than this to have Tom eliminated as a father for making decisions since I never heard that people inside the Scientology cult or church are murderers, wife beaters, sex offenders although there are amongst every group on earth ...good, bad and the ugly!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,432,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I would never be part of any cult...I guess I have too much common sense, but for Katie NOW to come up with this defense is BS to me and it is probably just for the money or she would have left him before the 5 yr anniversary...I bet there was a pay day at 5 yrs just as the bigger one would be at the 10 yr mark.

I don't like her and she must come up with a better excuse than this to have Tom eliminated as a father for making decisions since I never heard that people inside the Scientology cult or church are murderers, wife beaters, sex offenders although there are amongst every group on earth ...good, bad and the ugly!
oh ok. Rose colored glasses much

Old 06-30-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet*Tea View Post
Wow. I just read the entire 26 page New Yorker article. Fascinating reading. Thanks for posting the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I too read the whole article. I am almost blind now with eye fatigue but it was worth it. I understand so much more now about why tom cruise and travolta and any other celerity can never come out. The church would make their lives so miserable and not worth living. very scary stuff. I think katie knows a lot and she too is afraid of the power of the church.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

it was really an eye opening expose'
I mean and for real-the head dude's wife comes up missing and no one is looking for her and she came up missing after she crossed him
These people are dangerous. I am so disappointed in our govt and so shocked that more isn't being done . I mean they know slave trafficking is going on. Beating of the church members goes on. Under age children taken from their parents and forced to work with no schooling.........IN AMERICA people!!! Damn

Old 06-30-2012, 11:45 PM

6,901 posts, read 7,111,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Well, actually that is probably not true. I am sure that a whole lot of people couldn't care less that you don't care!

It seems pretty sad, and it's even sadder that so many people are gleefully happy about this and have so many assumptions about things. I have heard many times what a genuinely nice person Tom Cruise is--okay, he got a little overexuberant on Oprah's couch, so what. Even that wouldn't have been a big deal, probably, if it hadn't been re-shown on television about 80 billion times.
I still don't get what the big deal was about his jumping on the couch. I saw the show that day - it didn't strike me as being anything over the top. Other celebs have done much stranger things (think Jim Carey each and every time he appears on a talk show). I doubt many thought it was such a big deal at that time - not until "someone" chose to make it a big deal and then, of course, many jump on the ole proverbial band wagon. No comment on the rest of this~~~

Old 07-01-2012, 05:37 AM

14,560 posts, read 11,597,350 times
doesnt scientology say that kids should do their own thing and not be bossed by parents... after looking at some photos of moody, screaming, glum, Suri.. I know see what this cult has created, a baby spoiled monster. what a shame and what an unhappy wee girl she seems to be in most photos.. whats this all about..

Google Image Result for http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2011/03/suri-cruise-294km0308.jpg

Old 07-01-2012, 05:42 AM

1,464 posts, read 2,642,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Who didn't see this coming....

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes Divorce: Couple To Split After 5 Years Of Marriage

She had a very strange transformation at the beginning of their marriage, from midwestern house mouse into stepford wife then back to midwestern house mouse.

Poor Katie, even she couldn't deal with the space cadet that is Tom Cruise.
I gotta admit, this kind of surprised me..naieve I guess. I did see on Yahoo news this morning that all of his wives divorced for the same reason; they all have one thing in common with him?? I didn't read it but might..wasn't all that concerned except for his child who will be upset. Hollywood crap.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I gotta admit, this kind of surprised me..naieve I guess. I did see on Yahoo news this morning that all of his wives divorced for the same reason; they all have one thing in common with him?? I didn't read it but might..wasn't all that concerned except for his child who will be upset. Hollywood crap.

the common denominator is that all three were 33 years old when the divorce happened

Old 07-01-2012, 06:31 AM

36,437 posts, read 41,849,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
doesnt scientology say that kids should do their own thing and not be bossed by parents... after looking at some photos of moody, screaming, glum, Suri.. I know see what this cult has created, a baby spoiled monster. what a shame and what an unhappy wee girl she seems to be in most photos.. whats this all about..

Google Image Result for http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2011/03/suri-cruise-294km0308.jpg
not according to that New Yorker article. read it if you are interested in the teachings of the cult. Kids are taken from their parents, not schooled, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or