Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 10:54 AM

22,839 posts, read 6,435,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Halle Berry had plastic surgery. A high school picture shows a very different, larger nose, and even different eyes. I guess I don't think someone is "just beautiful" if they've had things tweaked. A really natural beauty is far different.
As far as standards, I think the whole person is more important. Sex appeal is more about the whole person. A beautiful, but dull person is not appealing.
Wow, I didn't realize that she didn't look like the Halle Berry I've seen in movies. I didn't recognize her high school picture....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
Emma Watson, Miley Cyrus, Hayden Panettiere, Jojo, Jennifer Aniston, Megan Fox, Christina Aguilera.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
I am an, "ahem", older woman and find most of the younger generation actors and actresses not especially attractive or talented. But, I think Robert Downey, Jr, Sean Penn, Mel Gibson, as just a few of those mentioned, has never failed to entertain me and/or turn in a brilliant performance. Therefore, I found them attractive because there is so much more than just looks or again, media hype. Again, these are just examples. As for Sean Penn, I disagree with him about his politics, his anger problems, etc, but I think he is a supremely talented actor which makes him sort of hot, for me.

Ben Affleck doesn't light my fire as a man or as an actor but, I think he is a jam up director.

A lot of the people mentioned are people I don't find attractive because I think they trade on little talent and their looks, such as they are. Are they worthy of a second glance on my part ? Not really. You just have to keep your head on straight and not get caught up in the generated hype by the media. Did I think Brad Pitt was good in Thelma & Louise, A River Runs Through It, Fight Club, The Assasination of Jessie James (et al)....? yes,I did but, I didn't think he was particularly hot.

Now, someone that just turns me off on all levels is Vince Vaughn. I think it is the voice. Also, Jake G., same thing. The only pics I really liked DiCaprio in was Catch Me If you Can and Blood Diamonds. Otherwise, I think DiCaprio is a jerk, personally, and I find that very unattractive physically.

I think Angelina Jolie is a beauty and I admire her humanitarian work but, I don't find her very talented. So, I don't seek out her movies. Very few actresses in the younger generations do I find very talented, therefore, enhancing their physical attributes. They mostly seem to be just flash.

Just my 2 cents worth and probably doesn't make much sense as to what I am trying to say.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,927 times
^^^^ DiCaprio's a jerk, but Sean Penn and Mel Gibson aren't? I don't like any of them, but at least Leo doesn't have a history of explosive fits of rage or abusing women...

Old 07-11-2012, 03:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Rihanna - Never saw the attraction and still don't know why she's a celebrity. Her body needs some serious roadwork.

Jennifer Aniston - she works hard to look her best. Privately though, I bet even she knows that she's just a scarecrow with money.

Jolie - overexposed and overrated. She looks like Vampira. Prancing around as though she's God's gift. I'd love to tell her that she should be paying me for putting up with her.

Scarlett Johansson - never understood her presence. Nothing special about her. Seems to sleep around too.

The Olson twins - they always look like they just soiled themselves. I'd like to see them disappear.

Britney Spears - never cared for her look. Always seemed to be from the same side of the tracks as Tonya Harding. Never liked her music.

Drew Barrymore - she always looked like a female version of someone's Butler. Lurch in a Dress, what can I say.

Sharon Stone - pure skank. I never saw the attraction even when she wasn't wearing panties. Yuck! She always looked too damn anemic for my tastes.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 AM

469 posts, read 913,300 times
Angelina Jolie just dont get it...

Old 07-11-2012, 11:06 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
^^^^ DiCaprio's a jerk, but Sean Penn and Mel Gibson aren't? I don't like any of them, but at least Leo doesn't have a history of explosive fits of rage or abusing women...
Yeah, I get what you are saying. DiCaprio is a prissy jerk to me....LOL. I found Sean Penn and Mel Gibson much more entertaining talent wise...lame, I know. I found Mel so entertaining in the Mad Max series, I tend to forget his stupid, alcoholic, racists rants.....<s>

Old 07-12-2012, 04:01 AM

469 posts, read 913,300 times
I find that woman "CoCo" to be hidious, she is on TV all the time, just dont know what people see in her. I know the big arse and a fake rack is all the rage, but all I see is a flabby, Florida trailer queen.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
Jennifer Anniston
Cameron Diaz
George Clooney (handsome enough but nothing special)
Sarah Jessica Parker
Brad Pitt

There have been many others over the years. There are very, very few celebrities that I consider truly goodlooking.

Now, oddly enough, my husband would probably say Pamela Anderson. He truly finds her disgusting.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:43 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Female: Gwyneth Paltrow, I just don't get it. She's very ordinary and average looking, guess her actress Mom and Director Dad have a lot to do with her success.

Male: George Clooney and Brad Pitt. They both have always struck me as criminal looking types especially in their younger days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities