U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:57 PM

3,843 posts, read 3,671,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh....wouldn't be so haughty if I were you. I mean, Death Metal? Speed Metal? LMAO...as if that stuff has a distinction with any real difference.

Bieber might be crap, but Slayer ain't exactly setting the world on fire musically either.
Bah, bah I say!!

There's a difference in genres to those as listen and know. It does take skill to play at those speeds and some bands are very progressive in their chord structures and time changes. Some of it is very simplistic but bands like Nile aren't, old Destruction was very classical in structure.

Have you ever heard Dream Theater? That's about as technically complex as you can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,639,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Bah, bah I say!!

There's a difference in genres to those as listen and know. It does take skill to play at those speeds and some bands are very progressive in their chord structures and time changes. Some of it is very simplistic but bands like Nile aren't, old Destruction was very classical in structure.

Have you ever heard Dream Theater? That's about as technically complex as you can get.
Um......hate to break it to you, but Transcendental Etudes by Liszt is as technically complex as is it gets.
Just sayin.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM

3,843 posts, read 3,671,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Um......hate to break it to you, but Transcendental Etudes by Liszt is as technically complex as is it gets.
Just sayin.
Haven't heard it but I'll give it a listen. Give Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory a go.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:44 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,309,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I see on the news he is in trouble again. Hasn't he been in trouble about 3 or 4 times now? Somebody needs to remind the kid that, although he is rich and famous, he is expected to obey the laws here and will be sent home like any other immigrant if he keeps getting into trouble here.
Throw the little twerp in jail, we don't want him back here in Canada!

Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,420,577 times

Old 07-08-2012, 03:10 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,639,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Haven't heard it but I'll give it a listen. Give Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory a go.
Google Franz Liszt.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:23 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,647,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I see on the news he is in trouble again. Hasn't he been in trouble about 3 or 4 times now? Somebody needs to remind the kid that, although he is rich and famous, he is expected to obey the laws here and will be sent home like any other immigrant if he keeps getting into trouble here.
JB sucks!! Send him back home....With lipstick and earring and a dress!!

AC/DC-Inject the Venom - YouTube

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,647,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

He's so PrEtTy....it's CrEePy as hell!!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,222,834 times
Justin Bieber seems like a nice guy and his music is appropriate for children and teenagers. I know bashing him is the 'cool' thing to do nowadays (especially in combination with proving how superior your musical preferences are because you listen to obscure bands with names like The Rotten Corpse or The Hungry Cannibals) but I don't have any problems with him. Do you really expect 10-year-old girls to listen to heavy metal or music from the 1970s? He obviously appeals to a certain demographic and that's fine. Let these kids have their idols, it's all innocent. I don't understand why grown people feel the need to stomp on children's preferences so much. I'm sure most of you weren't listening to Mozart at that age either. It's just a phase, they'll grow out of it.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:58 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,186,010 times
Lol you guys are funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities