U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM

2,942 posts, read 4,221,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I disagree he wanted stardom and fame along with it comes in your face cameras, fans wanting to know every time you poop, big money, lack of freedom/privacy. He is looked upon by many kids he needs to set an example how to NOT let fame destroy you.

This goes for anybody that is a celebrity, singer, actor whatever if you are wanting to be famous step up for all it offers good and/or bad.
But what's he doing that is SO horrible or outrageous? He may be famous but he's a human being like everyone else, he's not perfect. People need to stop being so hypocritical and condemn celebrities for things that everyone else does. Who here can say they've never been rude to anyone, never got into an altercation, never received a ticket for speeding, never got drunk or smoked a cigarette or pot, never were a brat in their teenage years, etc.? Just imagine what impression you would leave on other people if everything you ever did was reported on, exaggerated or simply made up. If I were in that situation, I would hope people were more understanding too which is why I try to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 12:10 PM

18,094 posts, read 20,063,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
But what's he doing that is SO horrible or outrageous? He may be famous but he's a human being like everyone else, he's not perfect. People need to stop being so hypocritical and condemn celebrities for things that everyone else does. Who here can say they've never been rude to anyone, never got into an altercation, never received a ticket for speeding, never got drunk or smoked a cigarette or pot, never were a brat in their teenage years, etc.? Just imagine what impression you would leave on other people if everything you ever did was reported on, exaggerated or simply made up. If I were in that situation, I would hope people were more understanding too which is why I try to do the same.
I understand what you are saying but my take is if you are going to be at a higher level of whatever; celebrity, politician, preacher, school teacher, ceo etc. you have to set examples of good conduct, morals, principles and beliefs. If you aren't willing to be held to a higher caliber of living then don't step up in those positions no matter what your age is.

Does that mean nobody can hold those types of positions if they have made mistakes, sinned or broke the law? No it just means they need to declare/confess/speak about them then set about showing they learned from their mistakes.

At all times we are responsible for our own behavior so if Justin wants to cuss, spit, be confrontational, show 6" of his underwear, speed those are his choices. Then he has to deal with the response of those behaviors/choices good or bad.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:41 PM

25 posts, read 74,624 times
God he's so douchey now. I think he's more like a follower. Like he thinks smoking weed is cool so he'll do anything to try to fit in with those dorky unknown rappers he hangs out with.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:59 PM

7,189 posts, read 7,522,728 times
Is this the same kid that grew up in the church?

Old 05-04-2013, 07:16 PM

Now him and his mentor usher are getting sued

Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 PM

and this is where we are at smh

Justin Bieber Gets Attacked in Dubai Concert May 5th . - YouTube

Old 05-14-2013, 01:35 AM

2,683 posts, read 3,264,258 times
But remember, JB is hopeful that Anne Frank would have been a "belieber".

Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM

407 posts, read 648,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I see on the news he is in trouble again. Hasn't he been in trouble about 3 or 4 times now? Somebody needs to remind the kid that, although he is rich and famous, he is expected to obey the laws here and will be sent home like any other immigrant if he keeps getting into trouble here.
Please. When was the last time we deported law-breaking immigrants.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 PM

15,233 posts, read 23,770,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I understand what you are saying but my take is if you are going to be at a higher level of whatever; celebrity, politician, preacher, school teacher, ceo etc. you have to set examples of good conduct, morals, principles and beliefs. If you aren't willing to be held to a higher caliber of living then don't step up in those positions no matter what your age is.

Does that mean nobody can hold those types of positions if they have made mistakes, sinned or broke the law? No it just means they need to declare/confess/speak about them then set about showing they learned from their mistakes.

At all times we are responsible for our own behavior so if Justin wants to cuss, spit, be confrontational, show 6" of his underwear, speed those are his choices. Then he has to deal with the response of those behaviors/choices good or bad.
while that is a nice thing to do, I don't agree that rock stars, singers, people like Rihanna, Beyonce, Chris Brown, Bieber, etc...they are doing a job of entertaining us, they are NOT supposed to be role models, kids are NOT supposed to look up to them, they are NOT supposed to have whatever morals or beliefs we think are correct. In truth, other than entertaining us, their jobs are not impressive at all, nor important.

How can you compare Justin Bieber to a surgeon, a school teacher, a lab anaylsist.....these are important people, not some dumb kid singing....

Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 PM

18,094 posts, read 20,063,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
while that is a nice thing to do, I don't agree that rock stars, singers, people like Rihanna, Beyonce, Chris Brown, Bieber, etc...they are doing a job of entertaining us, they are NOT supposed to be role models, kids are NOT supposed to look up to them, they are NOT supposed to have whatever morals or beliefs we think are correct. In truth, other than entertaining us, their jobs are not impressive at all, nor important.

How can you compare Justin Bieber to a surgeon, a school teacher, a lab anaylsist.....these are important people, not some dumb kid singing....
I totally agree with the above highlighted but the truth is now days these kids do look up to these entertainers. Look how much money their parents spend from when they were little buying Hannah Montanna stuff or Justin Bieber stuff it almost imprints them to a degree. So if they grow up having all these clothes, posters, purses, bed clothes around them they don't know they really aren't role models.

Parents fail to teach kids now days about morals etc. or what a real hero needs to be doing to be considered one. I was raised service men, fire fighters, police, doctors etc were heros for putting others before themselves. Kids today aren't sadly for the most part.

For goodness sake we just had some girl last week kill I think 5 people because they defriended her on facebook! That is scary knowing there are others out there who put that much importance of their daily lives to social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities