Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

Steve never did much for the show, i kinda lost interest after Paula left and then lost all interest when Simon left.
I agree with others ,this show has run its course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

Steven Tyler -- I'm QUITTING 'American Idol' | TMZ.com

This show needs to go away...period.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This show needs to go away...period.

please and thank you!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,510 times
I stopped taking Idol seriously with that fiasco with Jennifer Hudson.

I think up to Season six (Jordan sparks), the winners were good (except of Taylor Hicks) and have been successful. Now? It is churning the same, generic guitar-paying white boy. Yawn.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
I stopped taking Idol seriously with that fiasco with Jennifer Hudson.

I think up to Season six (Jordan sparks), the winners were good (except of Taylor Hicks) and have been successful. Now? It is churning the same, generic guitar-paying white boy. Yawn.
Outside of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, I couldn't tell you the names of the AI winners if you held a gun to my temple. All of them became instantly forgettable after their first mediocre, post-AI single dropped. More people remember the "losers"- Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Katherine McPhee, Adam Lambert, etc.

I do think it's funny how many "generic, guitar-playing white boys" have won. It's obvious who are the people still voting into AI-mostly generic, suburban/rural white tween/teen/young adult girls w/ crushes on said generic, guitar-playing white boys.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:05 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Outside of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, I couldn't tell you the names of the AI winners if you held a gun to my temple. All of them became instantly forgettable after their first mediocre, post-AI single dropped. More people remember the "losers"- Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Katherine McPhee, Adam Lambert, etc.

I do think it's funny how many "generic, guitar-playing white boys" have won. It's obvious who are the people still voting into AI-mostly generic, suburban/rural white tween/teen/young adult girls w/ crushes on said generic, guitar-playing white boys.
Very true.

Idol has become an embarrassment and I'm glad Jennifer Hudson went on to win an Oscar. She is truly an American inspiration. And as for Chris Daughtery, I don't remember who even won that season, but I have heard of him some. Katherine McPhee has her on tv show and Adam Lambert is Adam Lambert.

It used to be a great show but now? Not so much.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:25 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,156 times
I will be nice not to see him drooling over 15 year old girls like some Uncle Ernie.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:55 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
I'm very proud of the fact that I've never seen this show.

I think Tyler should stick to singing.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
I heard that Nick Cannon said AI doesn't have enough money to get Mariah Carey. I think he is right. If they paid J.LO $20 million, they are going to easily double Mariah's salary.

Compared to J.LO, Mariah is a mega talented award winning star that can actually sing and has been in the industry longer than most. She would also be good beside Randy since they have worked together forever.

I think I mentioned this in the TV forum but I think Pink would be a great judge. She is blunt, no holds bar and funny.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
For me, the show lost it's edge when it stopped being about the contestants and became a platform for has been judges to relaunch their carreers. And the scripted drama is insulting. Jimmy Iovene was the only one with any credibility last year. The judges were in it for themselves and tried to draw attention away from the contestants, IMO.

It's too bad the celebrities can't look beyond their own self gratification long enough to help someone else. Good heavens, when you're being paid 12 million to help someone else and you still can't allow someone else the spotlight for a couple hours it shows exactly how shallow you are. For me personnaly the judges hurt themselves more than they helped themselves.

If the focus of the show is the sexy selfishness of the judges again this year, I won't be investing my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities